ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 am

Good morning, everyone.

I called the UKBA this morning and asked when they'd request me to return my passport to them,but an advisor answered that I'd just need to wait for their request, same as I called them in April :(

About any confirmation for EEA1 applicants, the advisor described that the COA was only for non EEA nationals, so it's for EEA2&4 applicants, not for EEA1&3 applicants, as I thought.
It's clear that no confirmation to prove my husband has applied for a RC now,but I've got a case number for each of us.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi All,
Any more good news today, please share with us.

sillycrab

Post by sillycrab » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:07 pm

hi all, something to share, hope it helps. I received a letter today from the North West Region Correspondence & Enquiries Team in response to an enquiry I submitted about 2 weeks ago concerning the formal acknowledgment for my FMRS application. Not very quick, but they did look into the problem and replied me in approx 10days. it didnt only confirm the receipt of my application, it also it has been forwarded to relevant case working team and the formal acknowledgment will follow.

So if any of you are encountering problem, the North West Customer Service could be useful. please always remember to be polite and sincere while writing to them =)

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:55 pm

Nice one Sillycrab.

Belluci

Delay COA

Post by Belluci » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi Everyone

I've read all the post about the delay of COA since April. I applied for EEA2 since 11 May /HO recieved on 12 May and till now Im still wating for my COA .Im from Thailand and married to polish guy . My husband has been living in the UK more than 5 years already and I also came to UK with my EEA Family permit which will expire end of July. To my concern about taking an employment I really need COA to prove my right to work in the UK. Now Im thinking about to contact HO to speed up my COA .Are there any good way to contact them ? I've tried calling them but it wasn't very success , so if anyone can give me an email to contact them or fax number it would be very helpful.

I wish you all the best of luck.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:22 am

You have to make complain to the UBKA NorthWest Customer Service via email or fax, hope that will help you.

Belluci

Delay COA

Post by Belluci » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:52 am

I did complaint to NWCSU last night I got reply this morning that they need more details to investigate my complaint, so I gave them and we'll see if compint with NWCSU would work well or not.

I wrote to them politely and explain my situation how this matter is effected to me. I wish they would understand. :D

Goodluck to you all.

PMK
Newly Registered

Post by PMK » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:35 am

Seems like the delays are back

14/05/10: Submitted EEA2 for my wife along with both passports, marriage cert & other documents plus request for return of my passport in June as I need to travel for a specific event on 23rd
17/05/10: EEA2 form arrived in Liverpool (though Post Office tracking says its still in transit)
25/05/10: Called Liverpool to be told EEA form was received (see previous) & was being "scanned into the computer"
04/06/10: Sent letter by recorded post requesting return of my (EU) passport
08/06/10: Called Liverpool to check if my letter had been received; told that both letter & original EEA2 form were still in the mailroom; no guarantee that I would get my passport back in time, even though my request was more than 10 days ahead of my travel plans

Yes, I know I should be patient, given the horror stories I've read, but given the UKBA's commitment last year to improve service, I don't see how leaving application forms sitting in the mailroom for nearly 4 weeks is much of an improvement.

sillycrab

Post by sillycrab » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:38 am

hi guys, I just rang the UKBA, today is the fifth week I sent my fmrs application. the advisor said to me that the COA has been posted to me yesterday =) woohoo !! so i should be expecting it next week. hopefully tomorrow, as im living not far from the liverpool HO. lol.

kashijee
Newly Registered

Post by kashijee » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:15 am

Finally today got COA after more six week :) now countdown is begin for RC ;
here is my Application details
* 26 April 2010 : Sent EEA2
* 27 April 2010 : Recieved By HO Liverpool
* 11 June 2010 : COA Recieved Issued on 04 June
and have referance no. and Case Id and they mention on COA that i can work and a guidence note for Employers in full detail about how to check and verify legal capacity to work.
any how best of luck to all and dont worry about your COA it is now taking 5 to 6 weeks.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:54 am

Hi All,
Please share any good news from the UKBA.

kafi

Post by kafi » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:34 am

jajanana wrote:Hi All,
Please share any good news from the UKBA.

still there is no good news so far.

i called to homeoffice still waiting in queue... nearly five months..

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Kafi,
It's the best time to start making complain, please start typing yours now.
Don't give them rest Kafi, it's your right to have your passport back with your residence card in it.

bidibule
Newly Registered

Re: Comprehensive Health Insurance

Post by bidibule » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi kAB

Have you settled your issue with UKBA? I am a student too (but I am working part time and submited my P60 together with EEA2). I have not got the COA yet as i just posted 1 week ago.

Their request on your insurance is worrying me because I am in the similar situation as you (although I am working and has a NI number with tax record).

kAB wrote:
kAB wrote:
Forza_RC wrote: Hi kAB.

Apparently, you have to contact one of those insurance companies, there are plenty of them. The HO is very strict with this health insurance...
Hi Forza_RC or other members,

Do anyone of you know a very affordable health insurance I can purchase?

And congrats doesnotcompute!!

On the other matter, my HO case worker sent an email (from his personal UKBA email address) to my husband's employer yesterday at 19:31 asking to confirm his start date and that he is still working there.

This means the caseworker already got my cover letter regarding his error (re: WRS) and he is going ahead with our case. So, I plan to wait and see till next week and give them a call on Thursday and see what they say. If they will still need the health insurance, then I'll buy and send one!

Either way, as I will have the email address of the case worker, I will write him directly if need be.

So, a tip for everyone who has applied for the EEA2 about 2+ months - ask your employer if the UKBA Caseworker has contacted and get their email addresses :)
I got a letter from the case worker today that I need to submit these within 14 days:

1) Comprehensive Medical Insurance Cover as being a student I am not entitled to use NHS Medical Services (which is ridiculous!!!)

2) As I am student, I am classed as self-sufficient so evidence that I can support myself in the UK as student - 3 months bank statement confirming how I support myself on the course

3) Bank statements in my husbands name covering 3 months

I do not work in the UK. Can anyone please let me know if these proofs will be enough for me to prove as a self-sufficient student in their eyes?

* £9K in our joint UK bank account
* scholarship for my tuition fees
* my husband regular income from full-time job
* comprehensive health insurance
(With £1500 excess per year http://www.wpa.org.uk/products/health-i ... index.html)

tangent90
Newly Registered

Help: received CoA, but need passport to travel

Post by tangent90 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 am

hi, just to share my application timeline before my question:

sep 2009 - EEA2 application sent off
March 2010 - EEA2 rejected due to lack of evidence of medical insurance (many would have been tricked by the same thing, due to the inconsistency of the application form.

april - get my & my wife's insurance via WPA - XHealth policy
5th May - applied EEA2 again
12th June 2010 - received CoA. ( about 5 -6 weeks after)

i'll be traveling on the 11th of July, and, need my passport back. ( my currect visa is still valid to leave and return to the UK )

When should I request my passport back?? I know 10 days before is recommended.. anyone has any views on this? maybe i should request the passport back earlier?

Anyone has recent success, and know the rough waiting time after receiving CoA ?

thanks ! i'm very grateful that people are helping each other out here :)

Xenia
Newly Registered

Post by Xenia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:50 am

Hi!
I'll apply for EEA2 soon and I've got question about it.
I've got EEA FP on my maiden name.
I recieved new passport on my married name, and my previous passport on maiden name with EEA FP visa is cancelled, but visa is still valid because after getting new passport I got an arrival stamp in it, at Luton airport.
So, I've got a question: Can I apply for EEA2 with my new passport without a visa in it, only with this stamp?
Should I put with all documents my previous cancelled passport with EEA FP visa?

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Send both passports with your application form.

Xenia
Newly Registered

Post by Xenia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Thank You jajanana, for Your replying! :wink:

makisig
Newly Registered

Re: Help: received CoA, but need passport to travel

Post by makisig » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:47 am

tangent90 wrote:hi, just to share my application timeline before my question:

March 2010 - EEA2 rejected due to lack of evidence of medical insurance (many would have been tricked by the same thing, due to the inconsistency of the application form.

i'll be traveling on the 11th of July, and, need my passport back. ( my currect visa is still valid to leave and return to the UK )

When should I request my passport back?? I know 10 days before is recommended.. anyone has any views on this? maybe i should request the passport back earlier?

Anyone has recent success, and know the rough waiting time after receiving CoA ?

OMG! O_O!!!

(Sep 2009 - March 2010) 6 months!! Only to be rejected? Why would they do that? that is just plain CRUELTY!!!

and YES, i think you should request your passport earlier.. HO has this habit of delaying things! >_<

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:48 am

Yes you should request your passport back now.
I emailed them to ask my passport back (3 weeks before the date I needed my passport). And guess what? When I called back 1 week later, they didn't even read the email. There was no sign of passport request email in their system.
So you'd better request it by phone even though they say you must email when your travel date is more than 10 days in the future.

Hope that hepls.

tangent90
Newly Registered

Post by tangent90 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:43 pm

sanu84 wrote:

I emailed them to ask my passport back (3 weeks before the date I needed my passport). And guess what? When I called back 1 week later, they didn't even read the email. There was no sign of passport request email in their system.
So you'd better request it by phone even though they say you must email when your travel date is more than 10 days in the future.

Hope that hepls.
Thanks guys for your replies. Yes, I shall request for my passport by email this week, and then call them next week to confirm that they have got my request email.

all the best to others who are waiting for EEA2. :)

PMK
Newly Registered

Post by PMK » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 pm

tangent90 wrote:
sanu84 wrote:

Hope that hepls.
Thanks guys for your replies. Yes, I shall request for my passport by email this week, and then call them next week to confirm that they have got my request email.

Forget about email. Call them and remember to use the non-0845 number (that seems to be a moneyspinner for the HO). Call 0151 672 5626 and early in the morning. Ask for a reference number for your call once you have explained your situation. They might ask for evidence of your travel plans but that is just a stalling tactic - they are not entitled to refuse to return a valid passport to any foreign citizen. They will, of course, tell you that this will impede the processing of your case and that is a risk that you will have to evaluate yourself.

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:48 am

My timeline so far..

Applied in March.. Our application was rejected due to "lack of health insurance" - interesting considering we had included a private insurance health certificate! To make matters worse, Royal Mail couldn't manage to deliver it (no problems with the address or anything) so it was sent back to them, then to us again, delaying everything by a further month. Anyway called the Home Office and they apologised saying that it must have been an oversight (so tough to sit there checking documents...(!)) and to resubmit the application.. Which we did on May 17th.. Called on Monday and was told that the application has been considered valid and that the COA will be with us soon.. Now we can breathe a sigh of relief, although seems unlikely we'll be going anywhere before Christmas.

:)

tangent90
Newly Registered

Post by tangent90 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:17 am

PMK wrote:
tangent90 wrote:
sanu84 wrote:

Hope that hepls.

Forget about email. Call them and remember to use the non-0845 number (that seems to be a moneyspinner for the HO). Call 0151 672 5626 and early in the morning. Ask for a reference number for your call once you have explained your situation. They might ask for evidence of your travel plans but that is just a stalling tactic - they are not entitled to refuse to return a valid passport to any foreign citizen. They will, of course, tell you that this will impede the processing of your case and that is a risk that you will have to evaluate yourself.
Thanks for the tip and the phone number. I shall proceed with that. I wonder if the delay caused by withdrawing the passport makes my wait even longer? Any one know how long we have to wait after receiving EEA2 / recent experience?

Thanks again. :)

Commonwealth

ADVICE! ADVICE!! ADVICE !!! PLEASE

Post by Commonwealth » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:05 pm

By 22/06/10 my EEA2 application will be exactly 6 month with UKBA, i called today l was told still under consideration. Am getting annoyed about their service. I need my passport with my RC in it. Why is the service so porous. Can smone advice on next step bcos the law says RC should be issued within 6 month if am right?