ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

enquires about the dependant visa!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

miumiu
Newly Registered

enquires about the dependant visa!

Post by miumiu » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:40 pm

HI, everyone! :D

I have some questions about the dependant visa.
My boyfriend and I both have student visa at present. I will extend it this year, as I will take a one-year postgraduate study in UK. However, my boyfriend's visa will expiry till 31 Jan 2005. For this reason, we plan to marry before the expiry date in UK and apply the dependant visa for him.

My questions are:
1> Can he apply the dependant visa from student visa without going back to the home country (China)?
2> If he get the dependant visa, can he get employment without any restrictions? Does his employer need to apply work permit for him? Can he apply the job which requires work permit? :?:

Many thanks in advance for the help! :wink:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:23 pm

1. An in country switch for a visa national is on a discretionary basis and is entirely at your own risk given the problems a refusal will cause in relation to future immigration applications. If money is not an issue it is best to return to China and apply for the dependent visa there.

2. If your student visa is approved for 12 months or longer then your dependent spouse will usually be allowed to work full time in any profession i.e. they will not need a work permit as employment has been 'pre-authorised' by the Home Office. The HO can still prevent anyone from working. There will still be a requirement that there be 'no recourse to public funds'. The dependent visa is subject to the subsistence of your relationship and the principal applicant remaining in status.

miumiu
Newly Registered

Post by miumiu » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:30 am

:D :D :D :D
I appreciate for you helpful reply very much!
Thanks a lot!!!