ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa visiting UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rachel76
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa visiting UK

Post by rachel76 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi my friend is au-pairing at present in Amsterdam on s SchengenVisa - Does she need to apply for a differetn visa to visit the Uk for the weekend ?? Thanks guys xx:)

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:18 pm

What is her nationality, and has she checked the UK Visas website?

rachel76
Newly Registered

Post by rachel76 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Shes on a South African passport with a 3 month working schengen Visa. Ive spoken to the UK Border Agency and they just tell you to call the Netherlands !!

Id really like to sort out some flights for her to come over for the weekend as shes finding it a little lonely and is quite homesick. :(

Also does anyone know how long it would take to sort out could she go into an application centre and get the visa on the same day ?

Thanks xx :)

foxy

Post by foxy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:26 am

South Africans are visa nationals - your friend will require a tourist visa prior to travelling.

I believe she may be able to obtain one at the British High Commission in the Netherlands. I am not sure of the actual timescales involved. From the literature, it would appear anything from 5 to 15 working days once an interview date is obtained (as visas are processed in Dusseldorf).

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:07 am

foxy wrote:South Africans are visa nationals - your friend will require a tourist visa prior to travelling.

I believe she may be able to obtain one at the British High Commission in the Netherlands. I am not sure of the actual timescales involved. From the literature, it would appear anything from 5 to 15 working days once an interview date is obtained (as visas are processed in Dusseldorf).
They do aim to process applications within 15 days, but they do state "if you are not resident in The Netherlands. We should warn you that there may be a delay with your application and that you should ensure you provide as much supporting documentation with your application as possible."