ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query over photograph for Tier-1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ragiroti
Newly Registered

Query over photograph for Tier-1 General

Post by ragiroti » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Hope this is not a very silly question :? I have gone thru the guidelines for the photograph
Your photograph must be:
• Colour
• Passport style and size (45mm high x 35 mm wide)
• A recent and true likeness, showing full face, with no hat, helmet or sunglasses, although you can wear everyday glasses
• Original – that is not digitally or optically altered (for example it must not be ‘photo-shot’ or ‘touched-up’)
• Taken against an off-white, cream or light grey background so that your features are clearly distinguishable against the background
• Printed on low-gloss, plain-white photo quality paper (with no watermarks or embossing)
Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause a delay in processing your application.
But, today when I went to GK vale (http://www.gkvale.com/) a famous studio who are specialized in passport and visa photographs. They told me that the photo will be taken with the white background and then the background will be edited as light grey - Is this acceptable?

ashvar123

GK Vale

Post by ashvar123 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:28 pm

I think G K Vale is in this business since people started going abroad for work.. I had no issues for 3 consecutive British visa stampings with GK Vale photos..

if you want to make sure just take the printout to GK Vale with specifications..
- Ashvar