ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tire 1 General, Question reg adding spouse to application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smilewithhari
Newly Registered

Tire 1 General, Question reg adding spouse to application

Post by smilewithhari » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:33 am

I am applying for Tire 1 General Visa. When I am filling my application form VAF9 under PART 5A referring ‘Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?’ My wife would join me after few months. I answered this question that my wife would join appx after 2 months of my intended travel date. My question is
1) Is it mandatory that I apply for my wife along with me by filling VAF10 form?
2) Is it mandatory that I show maintenance funds for her as well now?
3) Will it be difficult for my wife to get a visa if I apply at a later stage i.e. after my visa got approved?
I don’t want to apply for her at same time, because I am with an assumption that if they reject my application, for any reason they would obviously reject my spouse visa as well and I lose money of both the application fee. I wanted to apply for my wife only after my visa is successful, Guys please help me what would be idle.

Rgds,
Harish

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Tire 1 General, Question reg adding spouse to applicatio

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:42 am

smilewithhari wrote:I am applying for Tire 1 General Visa. When I am filling my application form VAF9 under PART 5A referring ‘Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?’ My wife would join me after few months. I answered this question that my wife would join appx after 2 months of my intended travel date. My question is
1) Is it mandatory that I apply for my wife along with me by filling VAF10 form?
3) Will it be difficult for my wife to get a visa if I apply at a later stage i.e. after my visa got approved?
I don’t want to apply for her at same time, because I am with an assumption that if they reject my application, for any reason they would obviously reject my spouse visa as well and I lose money of both the application fee. I wanted to apply for my wife only after my visa is successful, Guys please help me what would be idle.

Rgds,
Harish
1) No
2) No
3) Can't predict future but it all depends on the rules & documentation at that time. However, applying later in itself is not an issue...good luck!!

smilewithhari
Newly Registered

Post by smilewithhari » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 am

Thax a lot, any second opinion Guys

baggioc0263
Newly Registered

Post by baggioc0263 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 am

smilewithhari wrote:I am applying for Tire 1 General Visa. When I am filling my application form VAF9 under PART 5A referring ‘Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?’ My wife would join me after few months. I answered this question that my wife would join appx after 2 months of my intended travel date. My question is

Rgds,
Harish
1.yes. you gotta fill in the VAF 10 form if you would like to apply for your wife visa as depeandant at the same time as your application. If you prefer your wife's application as your dependant go after you gainning the visa, you do not need to fill VAF 10 form.
2. if you wife would join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK,you need to show enoungh maintance for you both. it should be £2800+£1600 in your bank account for no less than 90 days. even if you and your wife don't apply at the same time. please refer to vaf10 form
3.i don't think that would be a issue if you get your TIER1 visa as long as your documentations for the application are prepared well.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:44 am

baggioc0263 wrote:

Rgds,
Harish
1.yes. you gotta fill in the VAF 10 form if you would like to apply for your wife visa as depeandant at the same time as your application. If you prefer your wife's application as your dependant go after you gainning the visa, you do not need to fill VAF 10 form.
2. if you wife would join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK,you need to show enoungh maintance for you both. it should be £2800+£1600 in your bank account for no less than 90 days. even if you and your wife don't apply at the same time. please refer to vaf10 form
3.i don't think that would be a issue if you get your TIER1 visa as long as your documentations for the application are prepared well.
where did you get point 2 from ??OP did not even ask that question..i think you crossed wires from two different posts..IMHO a simple No for 1& 2 would have solved the purpose..let's not confuse the person..thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:30 pm

aspirant99 wrote:
baggioc0263 wrote:

Rgds,
Harish
where did you get point 2 from ??OP did not even ask that question..i think you crossed wires from two different posts..IMHO a simple No for 1& 2 would have solved the purpose..let's not confuse the person..thanks
This is in the UKvisas website.

To qualify for Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself and any dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

It is in a box in the below link and is mentioned as "Important" in red.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13821081

Though most of the people do not show maintenance fund for dependants when applying alone (which makes sense), the above is mentioned in the website.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:39 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:
baggioc0263 wrote:

Rgds,
Harish

To qualify for Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself and any dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

Though most of the people do not show maintenance fund for dependants when applying alone (which makes sense), the above is mentioned in the website.
agreed.. it is there on the website but my point was to not confuse the OP as his question was around the requirement being "mandatory" or not if he is not applying for his wife along with him..just trying to keep it simple.anyways no worries...thanks!!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:46 pm

aspirant99 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:
baggioc0263 wrote:

agreed.. it is there on the website but my point was to not confuse the OP as his question was around the requirement being "mandatory" or not if he is not applying for his wife along with him..just trying to keep it simple..thanks!!

His question was whether it is mandatory to show maintenance for his dependants now (while he is applying for only himself) who will be joining him after 2 months. According to the website, yes it is mandatory to show maintenance for dependants who will be joining the main applicant within 12 months of his arrival in the UK.

ragiroti
Newly Registered

Post by ragiroti » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:11 pm

I have the same question. I have maintained only £2800 for the past 90 days and I was planning to apply next week. Will my application be rejected if I fill in the form stating that my wife might join in the next 3-4 months?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:39 pm

ragiroti wrote:I have the same question. I have maintained only £2800 for the past 90 days and I was planning to apply next week. Will my application be rejected if I fill in the form stating that my wife might join in the next 3-4 months?
People have got visas by maintaining funds just for their dependants. So no need to worry. I have just posted the info on the ukvisas website. See below thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... aintenance

smilewithhari
Newly Registered

Post by smilewithhari » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks a lot guys, I have 2800 + 1800 GBP in my account, But I am not filling my spouse application now.

In case if I include my spouse application at same time, Do I lose my Spouse application fee if my visa gets rejected?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:35 pm

smilewithhari wrote:Thanks a lot guys, I have 2800 + 1800 GBP in my account, But I am not filling my spouse application now.

In case if I include my spouse application at same time, Do I lose my Spouse application fee if my visa gets rejected?
Yes ofcourse.