ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khankhattak

fiance visa

Post by khankhattak » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 pm

can any one help me to explain what documents required for fiance visa my friend is in pakistan and he's applying from there
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: fiance visa

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 pm

khankhattak wrote:can any one help me to explain what documents required for fiance visa my friend is in pakistan and he's applying from there
Your friend will have to satisfy the few basic requirements and will have to provide the following evidence from the sponsor and the applicant.
If you are outside the UK
If you are subject to immigration control and you want to come to the UK in this category, you can apply to do so if your fiance(e) or proposed civil partner is:

currently living in the UK and settled here; or
returning to the UK with you to live here permanently.
Both you and your fiance(e) or proposed civil partner must be at least 21 years old (or 18 years old if either of you is a serving member of HM Forces). Additionally, you must both show that:

you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually six months);
you plan to live together permanently after you are married or have registered a civil partnership;
you have met each other;
until you are married or have registered a civil partnership, there is somewhere for you and any dependants to live without help from public funds (see Rights and responsibilities for more information on what this means); and
you and any dependants can be supported without working or needing help from public funds.
You must obtain permission to enter the UK before travelling here, even if you are a national of a country whose citizens do not normally require a visa to enter the UK. This permission is known as 'entry clearance', and takes the form of a visa or an entry clearance certificate. To obtain it, you should apply to the British diplomatic post in the country where you live. For more information, see our visa services website.

If we allow you to come to the UK in the category of fiance(e) or proposed civil partner, you will normally be given permission to stay here for six months. You must not work during this time. After you have married or registered your civil partnership, you can apply - provided that you did not enter as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership - to stay here as the husband, wife or civil partner of a settled person. If we approve your application, we will give you permission to live and work here for two years. Near the end of the two years, if you are still married or civil partners and intend to live together, you can apply to settle here permanently.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... lpartners/
Last 6 months bank statements
last 6 months or 3 months pay slips
letters from the sponsors work place
Evidence of availability of suitable accommodation.
Evidence that sponsor and the applicant have met
Evidence of plans to live togather permanently.
Evidence of plan to marry within 6 months duration of the visa.
Evidence of contact e.g phone bills,letters,emails etc to prove they have been in contact with each other if they have been apart for some time.
Hope this helps
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:22 pm

navalaviator wrote:
khankhattak wrote:can any one help me to explain what documents required for fiance visa my friend is in pakistan and he's applying from there
Your friend will have to satisfy the few basic requirements and will have to provide the following evidence from the sponsor and the applicant.
If you are outside the UK
If you are subject to immigration control and you want to come to the UK in this category, you can apply to do so if your fiance(e) or proposed civil partner is:

currently living in the UK and settled here; or
returning to the UK with you to live here permanently.
Both you and your fiance(e) or proposed civil partner must be at least 21 years old (or 18 years old if either of you is a serving member of HM Forces). Additionally, you must both show that:

you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually six months);
you plan to live together permanently after you are married or have registered a civil partnership;
you have met each other;
until you are married or have registered a civil partnership, there is somewhere for you and any dependants to live without help from public funds (see Rights and responsibilities for more information on what this means); and
you and any dependants can be supported without working or needing help from public funds.
You must obtain permission to enter the UK before travelling here, even if you are a national of a country whose citizens do not normally require a visa to enter the UK. This permission is known as 'entry clearance', and takes the form of a visa or an entry clearance certificate. To obtain it, you should apply to the British diplomatic post in the country where you live. For more information, see our visa services website.

If we allow you to come to the UK in the category of fiance(e) or proposed civil partner, you will normally be given permission to stay here for six months. You must not work during this time. After you have married or registered your civil partnership, you can apply - provided that you did not enter as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership - to stay here as the husband, wife or civil partner of a settled person. If we approve your application, we will give you permission to live and work here for two years. Near the end of the two years, if you are still married or civil partners and intend to live together, you can apply to settle here permanently.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... lpartners/
Last 6 months bank statements
last 6 months or 3 months pay slips
letters from the sponsors work place
Evidence of availability of suitable accommodation.
Evidence that sponsor and the applicant have met
Evidence of plans to live togather permanently.
Evidence of plan to marry within 6 months duration of the visa.
Evidence of contact e.g phone bills,letters,emails etc to prove they have been in contact with each other if they have been apart for some time.
Hope this helps
thanks man
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:41 pm

And that they have physically met.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rubenmende
Newly Registered

WHAT IF WE ARE MARRIED ALREADY ??

Post by rubenmende » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Wanderer wrote:And that they have physically met.

Wanderer, you seem to know quite a lot about this, I really appreciatte your help. I understand that as a couple you have to show that you can support your partner who is coming to be with you in the UK . But Wanderer If the EEA NATIONAL and the NON-EEA NATIONAL are both married and flying together to the UK then :

1- A eea Permit is required right ?

2- But is there a need for the EEA National to show that he or she can support the NON-EEA NATIONAL even if they are both travelling together and can show that have money or credit cards whilst they get a job for example or have frieds where they can live ? the two are married just for clarification by the time they arrived to the UK :_)

THANK U SO MUCH I hope u can clarify this for me!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: WHAT IF WE ARE MARRIED ALREADY ??

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:39 pm

rubenmende wrote:
Wanderer wrote:And that they have physically met.

Wanderer, you seem to know quite a lot about this, I really appreciatte your help. I understand that as a couple you have to show that you can support your partner who is coming to be with you in the UK . But Wanderer If the EEA NATIONAL and the NON-EEA NATIONAL are both married and flying together to the UK then :

1- A eea Permit is required right ?

2- But is there a need for the EEA National to show that he or she can support the NON-EEA NATIONAL even if they are both travelling together and can show that have money or credit cards whilst they get a job for example or have frieds where they can live ? the two are married just for clarification by the time they arrived to the UK :_)

THANK U SO MUCH I hope u can clarify this for me!!
There is no finance test if entering under EEA rules!

1. Yes

2. No requirement.

Bear in mind the EEA national has to be moving to or living in a state other than his/her own.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

evkogo
Newly Registered

fiance visa

Post by evkogo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 am

Hi thanks for the feed back

Please can you clarify on this statement? what kind of evidence will we need to provide to show that we plan to live together permanently?? surely we will -what sort of ducments are needed for such?
''Evidence of plans to live togather permanently''

Thanks again
Evelyn

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:35 pm

evkogo wrote:Hi thanks for the feed back

Please can you clarify on this statement? what kind of evidence will we need to provide to show that we plan to live together permanently?? surely we will -what sort of ducments are needed for such?
''Evidence of plans to live togather permanently''

Thanks again
Evelyn
You can't really, all you can do is provide proof of your relationship (ie length, proof of time actually together, and contact whilst apart).

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Have I missed something here? Your friend is applying under EU regulations for a permit, or under UK law for a fiance visa?
What nationality are they both?