ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion about documents for sponsoring parents.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ash321

Confusion about documents for sponsoring parents.

Post by ash321 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:00 am

Hello,
I am planning to sponsor my parents, I gone through all the documents list and I parepared follwoing documents. I am planning to apply for long term (two year visa)
Pay slips
Electiricty bill/council tax letter
Tenacy Agreemnt
Bank statemnst (Last six months with balance approx £5500)
cover letter
contract from employer

I am on tier-1 gneral migrant and I am a contract worker and I have pay slips up to 23/05/2010 then after I opened my own limited company and the agency is paying me on my business account.

what sort of documents should I send to show my employement after 23/05/2010 ? as I am not getting pay slip through agency, but they are paying me in my business account. I am planning to submit their application in mid of july. are the documents and funds are sufficent to get two year visa?

waitnig for reply. thanks and regrads.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 am

If it's their first visa here it's highly unlikely they'll get a two year one. And I don't know if you know but even a two year visit visa means no more than six months here in every twelve.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:04 pm

I would go far as saying dont even bother applying for a long term visitor visa if she has never had the shorter 6 months one first.

It will almost certainly end in a refusal and therefore making it more difficult for any subsequent applications for 6 months visa.

My advice would be to apply for 6 months one first and after a number of visits apply for multiple 2 or 5 yrs visa.

ash321

Post by ash321 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks for reply, actully she came here before two times on six months visa each. Could anybody clear me about the documents?
Thanks and regards

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:19 pm

The docs that you need to send have to show that you can support,maintain and accommodate them . This would be employment letters,wage slips, bank statements and acoomodation evidence.

Your parents need to show evidence that they have something to return to back home.

Also worth noting that if you are granted 2yrs visa, the max she can spend is 6 months after which she has to leave the country for 6 months before returning to spend a further and final 6 months.She can not stay here continiously for 2 yrs

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi Ash,

Doing my research for the visitor Visa for my parents, I stumbled across your thread. I am in a similar position, LTD company and Invoices paid to Business Account.

Could you please let me know what documents you used for the visa and did the process went smoothly?

Thanks
Pink..