ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Outside the UK

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bradybjr
Newly Registered

Travel Outside the UK

Post by bradybjr » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Hello, I am a Tier 5 TV (Exchange) migrant worker here for two months in the UK. I have some friends who invited me to amsterdam for the weekend, but the organization that exchanged me told me that I'm not allowed to leave the UK (which I don't understand why.) However, when I look at the visa, under "number of entries", it says "mult", implying that I can have multiple entries. My question is, should I try to travel outside the UK? I asked the border agency when I first arrived, and they said it looked like I could travel. However, I've heard otherwise.

When you enter the UK, do they give you entry based on the "MULT" on your visa, or to they rely on a computer to give me entry?

Any information about whether or not I should try to leave would be very helpful!

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I believe any visa stamped mult allows multiple entries and therefore you should be good to leave and re-enter within the validity of the visa.