ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which are the better newspapers for job advertisements?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pyke

Which are the better newspapers for job advertisements?

Post by pyke » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Thought it might be worthwhile to buy newspapers regularly for the classifieds. Which are typically the better ones for job advertisements e.g. the ones with more advertisements or which attract advertisements from the larger companies?

Or should I not bother with newspapers at all?

Thank you.

IMHO4u
BANNED

Re: Which are the better newspapers for job advertisements?

Post by IMHO4u » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:53 pm

pyke wrote:Thought it might be worthwhile to buy newspapers regularly for the classifieds. Which are typically the better ones for job advertisements e.g. the ones with more advertisements or which attract advertisements from the larger companies?

Thank you.
Local/minimum-wage/part-times/government – Newspapers. [Dont know which one is better than other]

For rest – Newspapers can be avoided. 8)

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:09 am

websites are far better.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Which are the better newspapers for job advertisements?

Post by *FC* » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 am

pyke wrote:Thought it might be worthwhile to buy newspapers regularly for the classifieds. Which are typically the better ones for job advertisements e.g. the ones with more advertisements or which attract advertisements from the larger companies?

Thank you.
NONE, if you are not looking for DIY, carpentry, plumber work, and other commercial jobs.

pyke

Post by pyke » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:31 am

hahaha.... thanks. Though I must admit I'm surprised, I expected at least the broadsheet newspapers to have some decent advertisements. I couldn't really find any though.