ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seen_storm
Newly Registered

Re: ADVICE! ADVICE!! ADVICE !!! PLEASE

Post by seen_storm » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Commonwealth wrote:By 22/06/10 my EEA2 application will be exactly 6 month with UKBA, i called today l was told still under consideration. Am getting annoyed about their service. I need my passport with my RC in it. Why is the service so porous. Can smone advice on next step bcos the law says RC should be issued within 6 month if am right?
On 24/06 will be 6 month since i sent apps to UKBA.I think we need to make some sort of plan, like where to complaint first, what is second step must be. I have done some analyse and came up to conclusion what SOLVIT UK need to be first. It seems to help certain people. Any thoughts anyone?

P&T

We got our passports back and my EEA residence card!

Post by P&T » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 am

Hello good people of this forum!!

We have to share our great news!! Finally the passports came back in the post and I got the residence card (5years) woo hoo the long wait is finally over!!!

Just to remind you we sent our EEA2 Jan 11th sent two complaint letters to our local MP in March and made numerous calls to the UKBA ever since to find out the progress of our application.

It was issued in just under five months seeing as the date on the residence card stamp is 4th of June. So it took about twelve days to get to us by post.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. Our summer of fun and travelling begins
:D

If anyone has any questions regarding the EEA2 waiting game please feel free to ask us. Thanks again!

Kind regards,

P&T

tyoosuf
Newly Registered

Re: We got our passports back and my EEA residence card!

Post by tyoosuf » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:56 pm

P&T wrote:Hello good people of this forum!!

We have to share our great news!! Finally the passports came back in the post and I got the residence card (5years) woo hoo the long wait is finally over!!!

Just to remind you we sent our EEA2 Jan 11th sent two complaint letters to our local MP in March and made numerous calls to the UKBA ever since to find out the progress of our application.

It was issued in just under five months seeing as the date on the residence card stamp is 4th of June. So it took about twelve days to get to us by post.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. Our summer of fun and travelling begins

If anyone has any questions regarding the EEA2 waiting game please feel free to ask us. Thanks again!

Kind regards,

P&T

I am very happy for you.
Waiting for my own good news to come.

kafi

Re: We got our passports back and my EEA residence card!

Post by kafi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:25 pm

P&T wrote:Hello good people of this forum!!

Kind regards,

P&T
congrate p&T,now u free from 5 years pain..

thx again to share ur experience

makisig
Newly Registered

Not Allowed To Work

Post by makisig » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:43 pm

hi everyone, need advise on what to do while waiting for our EEA 2

Situation:

- our mother is a Spanish Citizen
- me and my brother are the EEA 2 applicants
- we both have Spanish residence cards but Filipino passports
- we are aged 26 and 27
- submitted our application April 12, 2010 with relevant documents
- received COA 5 weeks after
- doesnt indicate at COA that we are allowed to work here in UK

does anyone know any job out there that doesnt require us to show our passport or permit to work here?

im a licensed nurse and my bro is a registered mechanical engineer back in the philippines, and we both have tried to apply to companies here in UK and got refused because of lack of proper documents..

its hard enough waiting, what more waiting while not having any income.. ^^

thanks so much for any replies or suggestions.. god bless!

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:40 am

Congrats p&t.

jajanana

Re: Not Allowed To Work

Post by jajanana » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:42 am

makisig wrote:hi everyone, need advise on what to do while waiting for our EEA 2

Situation:

- our mother is a Spanish Citizen
- me and my brother are the EEA 2 applicants
- we both have Spanish residence cards but Filipino passports
- we are aged 26 and 27
- submitted our application April 12, 2010 with relevant documents
- received COA 5 weeks after
- doesnt indicate at COA that we are allowed to work here in UK

does anyone know any job out there that doesnt require us to show our passport or permit to work here?

im a licensed nurse and my bro is a registered mechanical engineer back in the philippines, and we both have tried to apply to companies here in UK and got refused because of lack of proper documents..

its hard enough waiting, what more waiting while not having any income.. ^^

thanks so much for any replies or suggestions.. god bless!

You are an extended family member under the EU law, as your application is under consideration you don't have legal right to work in the UK.
Welcome to the waiting list

simple_shoes
Newly Registered

any good news from me

Post by simple_shoes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:53 am

just called home office and was told that my application is still in a queue to have a case worker. it will be clear if there are documents missing only after case worker will be assigned. requesting my husband's passport may cause delay because this future case worker might want to see it.

so almost three months of waiting without any purpose. cool beans, UK!!
---------
submitted eea2 30.03.10
received COA 29.04.10 dated 22.04.10
still waiting for RC

P&T

Post by P&T » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am

TYOOSUF, JAJANANA, KAFI!!

Thanks a lot for your kind wishes 8) !!!!

PMK
Newly Registered

Post by PMK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:48 pm

If it is any consolation for all of you waiting for an EEA2 RC, I'm having just as much problems getting my EU passport back from them. I enclosed my passport with my wife's EEA2 application and have since requested it back 2 times by post & 5 times by phone - giving them plenty of notice of my intention to travel (10+ working days). Despite the fact that the HO is not entitled to deny a citizen of a foreign state the return of their passport, the UKBA have done their best to hold onto it (excuses such as I need to provide evidence of my travel plans, my written requests were held in their mailroom pending my wife's original application). When I asked to escalate my request, I was told that this is not possible.

So to conclude, not only are the UKBA inept and intolerably lazy, they also:

1. Are acting illegally by denying the return of a valid passport to the legitimate holder and
2. Are untruthful when it comes to their own published procedures with regards escalating a request.

I will continue to demand the return of my passport and the legal rights of my wife to reside in the UK. I will do so with politeness and patience, but I will make these "civil" servants work for every penny of their salary.

I know Britain is not a dearly beloved country, but why does it fill is Border Agency with people who are obviously anti-immigrant?

cnman
Newly Registered

Just applied for EEA2

Post by cnman » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:44 am

Hi there, I am new to this forum and I am a degree student who just got married end of May. My husband is from an EU country. I send my application on the 10/6/10 so I will be expeciting my Certificate of Application latest by 28/6 right?

My husband is also a degree student. My student Visa is valid till 2012. I guess my case is quite straightforward right? my husband fill in the Section 6 - Your EEA or Swiss National is a student. We sent our marriage certificate, his university bursary, scholarship and Loans, letters from his Uni that he is a student. I did not include my UK ID Card/visa Card. I thot it's all in the systems so they will immediately know that I am on student visa here. Oh well, they can ask me if they want my uk biometric Visa Card.

I appreciate all the information from this forum at the same time was abit worried now coz it seems to be complicated. I am not in a hurry to get a EEA2 as I am studying now and my student visa allowed me to work 20hrs/wk during term time and any hours during holidays. Just that ive to go back to Malaysia in December for my sister's wedding. Hopefully i'll get all my documents back then.

I will keep coming back here to check if there is any new rules or update. Thanks for all the information.

Good luck everyone on your application :)

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:35 am

PMK wrote:If it is any consolation for all of you waiting for an EEA2 RC, I'm having just as much problems getting my EU passport back from them. I enclosed my passport with my wife's EEA2 application and have since requested it back 2 times by post & 5 times by phone - giving them plenty of notice of my intention to travel (10+ working days). Despite the fact that the HO is not entitled to deny a citizen of a foreign state the return of their passport, the UKBA have done their best to hold onto it (excuses such as I need to provide evidence of my travel plans, my written requests were held in their mailroom pending my wife's original application). When I asked to escalate my request, I was told that this is not possible.

So to conclude, not only are the UKBA inept and intolerably lazy, they also:

1. Are acting illegally by denying the return of a valid passport to the legitimate holder and
2. Are untruthful when it comes to their own published procedures with regards escalating a request.

I will continue to demand the return of my passport and the legal rights of my wife to reside in the UK. I will do so with politeness and patience, but I will make these "civil" servants work for every penny of their salary.

I know Britain is not a dearly beloved country, but why does it fill is Border Agency with people who are obviously anti-immigrant?

PMK, UK is a dearly beloved country from inward, look at the way they are doing stop and search at the train stations in London by the UKBA. They was a day l was coming back from work and they just pick on me as l exit the station barrier and they start questioning me and searching me, what the hell was that for?
Please I would advice you to make complaint to the UBKA northwest customer service, don't send your complaint by post, send it via fax and email for urgent attension.
As you wrote, let them work and sweat for their wages.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:36 am

Come on all EEA2 hunters, lets share what happen this week from their dead office (HO).

GreenCardApplicant
Newly Registered

EEA1 and EEA2

Post by GreenCardApplicant » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi there,

Does the EEA national need to apply for an EEA1 in order for the non-EEA national to apply for the EEA2?

kAB
Newly Registered

Re: Comprehensive Health Insurance

Post by kAB » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:49 am

bidibule wrote:Hi kAB

Have you settled your issue with UKBA? I am a student too (but I am working part time and submited my P60 together with EEA2). I have not got the COA yet as i just posted 1 week ago.

Their request on your insurance is worrying me because I am in the similar situation as you (although I am working and has a NI number with tax record).
Hi Bidibule,
I haven't heard anything from UKBA yet but they have linked my documents to the application finally after 1month I sent them the insurance.

Just a quick info, if you are (I assume you are the EEA spouse) an A8 national then you have to register to WRS if you are working more than 10 hours a week before applying the EEA1.

kAB
Newly Registered

Re: Help: received CoA, but need passport to travel

Post by kAB » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:59 am

tangent90 wrote:hi, just to share my application timeline before my question:

sep 2009 - EEA2 application sent off
March 2010 - EEA2 rejected due to lack of evidence of medical insurance (many would have been tricked by the same thing, due to the inconsistency of the application form.

april - get my & my wife's insurance via WPA - XHealth policy
5th May - applied EEA2 again
12th June 2010 - received CoA. ( about 5 -6 weeks after)

i'll be traveling on the 11th of July, and, need my passport back. ( my currect visa is still valid to leave and return to the UK )

When should I request my passport back?? I know 10 days before is recommended.. anyone has any views on this? maybe i should request the passport back earlier?

Anyone has recent success, and know the rough waiting time after receiving CoA ?

thanks ! i'm very grateful that people are helping each other out here :)
Hi Tangent,

Did they not even send you a letter to request the health insurance? They just rejected you after 6 months? Damn! This is getting ridiculous!

tangent90
Newly Registered

Re: Help: received CoA, but need passport to travel

Post by tangent90 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:14 am

kAB wrote:
tangent90 wrote:hi, just to share my application timeline before my question:

sep 2009 - EEA2 application sent off
March 2010 - EEA2 rejected due to lack of evidence of medical insurance (many would have been tricked by the same thing, due to the inconsistency of the application form.

april - get my & my wife's insurance via WPA - XHealth policy
5th May - applied EEA2 again
12th June 2010 - received CoA. ( about 5 -6 weeks after)

i'll be traveling on the 11th of July, and, need my passport back. ( my currect visa is still valid to leave and return to the UK )

When should I request my passport back?? I know 10 days before is recommended.. anyone has any views on this? maybe i should request the passport back earlier?

Anyone has recent success, and know the rough waiting time after receiving CoA ?

thanks ! i'm very grateful that people are helping each other out here :)
Hi Tangent,

Did they not even send you a letter to request the health insurance? They just rejected you after 6 months? Damn! This is getting ridiculous!
Hi, yes, they did actually. I thought my wife (EU member)'s private insurance from her own country, plus NHS, is enough. Obviously, i didn't know the significance of getting a private insurance. Now i do! So i re-apply, hoping that it'll be more straight forward this time. Altho I'm a little worried that, since my wife's course will finish in September.. and if my EEA2 is still not 'decided'... they might turn around and say, she's no longer a student !.. what do you think? I applied the second time in the early May.

Regards

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:42 am

AFTER A LOOONG WAIT I GOT MY EEA2 5 YEAR PERMIT BACK THIS MORNING :-) woop woooop
Just under 6months. I called last month and it hadnt even been assigned to a case worker yet so dont lose hope guys. good luck to you all and thank you so much for all your help and advice xxx
APPLIED FOR EEA2 DEC 2009
RECEIVED COA DATED 8TH JAN 2010
CALLED HOME OFFICE 7 APRIL 2010 (HAS CASE NUMBER AND SAID IT SHOULD BE GETTING DEALT WITH END OF THIS MONTH/BEGINNING OF MAY)
EEA2 RC RECEIVED 25 JUNE 2010

PMK
Newly Registered

Post by PMK » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 am

Anyone else having problems getting through to the UK BA by phone?

I notice that they switch off their phone lines around 4:30 pm each day, but this morning I was in the queue and the call was dropped. Since then, all my calls go straight to the message saying all their staff are busy, please try again later.

makisig
Newly Registered

Post by makisig » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 pm

Gabriella2305 wrote:AFTER A LOOONG WAIT I GOT MY EEA2 5 YEAR PERMIT BACK THIS MORNING :-) woop woooop
Just under 6months. I called last month and it hadnt even been assigned to a case worker yet so dont lose hope guys. good luck to you all and thank you so much for all your help and advice xxx

CONGRATULATIONS!!

enjoy your EEA 2.. :D

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:36 am

Congrats Gabriella2305.

kafi

Post by kafi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:49 am

Gabriella2305 wrote:AFTER A LOOONG WAIT I GOT MY EEA2 5 YEAR PERMIT BACK THIS MORNING :-) woop woooop

hello,
congratulation Gabriella2305

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:13 am

Any good news from the HO?

Belluci

COA Recieved

Post by Belluci » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:53 am

Finally I recieved my COA this morning after 6 weeks waiting. Now it's time to arrange meeting the employer regarding to my employment. What a relief :D Couting down to my RC.

Applied 11/05/2010
HO recieved 12/052010
COA recieved 23/06/2010 (Date on COA 18/06/2010)

I wish you all the best of luck.

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:20 am

Hi, I received my COA about 1 month already. Do you think I should call them to ask how is my application process now? or I need wait 6 month do nothing?