ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Arpita
Newly Registered

Jobs in UK

Post by Arpita » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:20 am

Hi I am a Lawyer practising in India. My husband has obtained a UK Tier 1 Visa and is planning to move there next month to look for a job. I would like to move in there shortly after him and work. To practise in UK I need to complete certain qualification tests. Hence till then I want to know if I can find a decent job in any other sector. If any of you are aware of anything in this regard, do help me out. Thanks!

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 am

Hi Arpita,

As your question dint ask about lawyering and nor do I know anything in that field, I can give some help on securing jobs in other sectors

1. When you say other sectors, do you have particular ones in mind?
2. Whatever the sector, you need to have some sort of experience in the field - say admin, secretarial, accountancy etc
3. If you are looking to work in services - check out tills, restaurants, hotels etc then it depends on where you will stay. Most of such jobs are taken up by college students as it has crazy work time requirements
4. Nothing much around these days so dont hedge your bets on finding a job in any area until you complete your tests

Not sure but you should check if you can lend your services in the legal field in any other area while you certify yourself and clear the required tests. There maybe some part time jobs in the legal sector where you may pitch in and work part time but again, I dont know much and hope someone may be able to help more.

Best of luck
KP

Arpita
Newly Registered

Post by Arpita » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:24 am

Hi KP,

Thanks for your reply! I sure want to stick to the Law field as much as possible until I complete my tests. If I could work in any law firm/ company until that, that would be great. Just want to know if they take in ppl in such firms/ cos based on Indian qualifications and work permit [dependent visa]

Thanks once again!

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:47 am

Dependant visa - not a problem at all and they will hire you for temp roles. For perm roles, which you are probably not looking for, they would like the visa to be valid for a longer duration and min of a year

Indian qualification - best to google and get answers from proper sources. I cant help but maybe someone can

All the best
KP

Arpita
Newly Registered

Post by Arpita » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:54 am

Thanks KP. Hope some one else can shed more light on this for me.

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Try googling using keywords such as: legal, jobs, uk, ...
A few sites that came up:
www.simplylawjobs.com
www.legaljobsboard.co.uk
www.judicialreview.co.uk
www.thelawyer.com
www.totallylegal.com

etc etc

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:39 am

musicfreak06 wrote:Hi KP , how to get the job in UK.i am visa tier.plz give me suggestion.
Please don't post stupid questions here.
Please post serious discussions here :evil:

IMHO4u
BANNED

Post by IMHO4u » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:52 am

musicfreak06 wrote:Hi KP , how to get the job in UK.i am visa tier.plz give me suggestion.

Since you are 'Visa Tier', I am pretty sure UK government is under obligation to give you employment, a very comfortable life and loads of money. :twisted:

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:19 am

HA HA....now I need that calm my nerves before the England game today - THANK YOU!!!

And just to start off, why dont you find THE job in UK and then worry about getting THE job. And if you are VISA TIER, are you human or a page in a passport?

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

KP

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:27 pm

You guys are cruel... poor guy :)

Step by Step guide to Tier 2

* Get job offer
* Get company to issue you a Certificate of Sponsorship
* Fill out and submit application
* Make many cups of tea
* Get Visa back
* Fly into UK and start your job.

Tier 1 is the same but just place the first step at the bottom.

See ya

:D

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Vanadil wrote:You guys are cruel... poor guy :)

* Get job offer
* Make many cups of tea
* Get Visa back

Tier 1 is the same but just place the first step at the bottom and delete the 2nd step.

See ya

gotiya
Newly Registered

Post by gotiya » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Vanadil wrote:You guys are cruel... poor guy :)

* Get job offer
* Make many cups of tea
* Get Visa back

Tier 1 is the same but just place the first step at the bottom.

See ya

And also bring in enough of your savings to sustain the first "few" months for yourself (and family) and boost our economy. Your hard saved money is important for us. Would create more jobs.