ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A small success story..

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samsung

A small success story..

Post by samsung » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:02 pm

This is for those people who are a little apprehensive to come to the UK, after leaving their present jobs, thinking about how life would be after coming to the UK and when they would find the job.

Well for me I came to the UK on 21, uploaded my resume the same night, started getting calls from the other day itself. One interview got scheduled on 24th, cleared it, and got the contract. joining from monday.

Got one telephonic tomorrow at i.e 25th at 10:30 am, and then one face to face interview at 2:30 pm at central london for a big bank, its permanent role for 65K. My phone keeps ringing like crazy, have already declined two interview calls cos they were paying a little less.
I have never seen such response before.

Let me know if u have any questions..

So, guys pack ur bags and just fly in...

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Sorry but that sounds like some scamming 'agent' looking for naive degree holders.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 pm

This guy sure is a piece of work....I just got news this eve from my friend who actually got a job...and he's been here for 6 years, is a British citizen and living in the heart of London....

So while Mista SAMSUNG is an incarnation of GOD and thinks the UK is a green field of ripening GOLD, the truth is completely different....

As Pakhtoon rightly says, either the guy is truly SAMSUNG with long hair et al, the market still is as bad as it gets....except, if you have super human skills that everybody here is dying for...

Be wary and dont fall prey to such bullshite

KP

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:13 pm

According to his previous post he landed here in 2009...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:14 am

Dear Samsung,

Congratulations !

Thanks for posting your success story.

Also could you please tell us what domain / skillset area you are in ? It sure would be an encouragement to others during competitive times such as now.

@ Wanderer - his previous post does say he landed in August 2009, but it also does say he had to travel to India due to some personal reasons.

Cheers,
LC

samsung

Post by samsung » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:06 am

Pakhtoon : Buddy am not here to scam or do crazy things. I respect this forum cos if am in UK today its only cos of this forum.
Now i understand why you are a thin ice member, guess what you deserve it. I wont be surprised if you get banned.

Kenfrapin - You are famous for bringing sorrow to people by putting ur discouraging comments everytime. To me it seems like this fellow doesnt wants other to come to the uk . Bloody always bringing negativity to this forum. Sooner or later you will meet the same fate like ur friend Pakhtoom. Guess what, there's one person required in UK, and its our beloved Mr. Kenfrapin. U should as alien as ur name man, and ur right man, ur definitely a piece of work, one of its kind, bloody looser, get a life man...

Friends dont listen to these loosers, what i posted is my Story. PM me if you need any help, maybe i can refer you guys to some consultants.

I did came here in 2009, but had to go back cos of some personal reasons.

By the way am a BO/ETL developer.

Cheers..
Samsung

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:26 am

Samsung,

You need to read my posts extremely carefully. I always advice people of what the situation is out here in reality and unlike you, dont assume that everyone who comes here gets a job.
For all those people with average skills, less experience, poor communication skills, families with kids etc looking at your message will make them think its a cake walk in the UK and that is not true.

As per your words - you cant just pack your bags and come here and get a job. You are an ETL Developer but that does NOT mean everyone coming here is an ETL developer - get my point???

Everyone is happy that you have been successful and got so many offers but dont generalize and tell everyone that things are great here because it isnt. Competition is a lot more, jobs are a lot less and pay packages are much lower than before. You must have skills that are in demand and also have exposure to the right domain - You think the whole WORLD is like you??? If they were, then you would not be in demand and would right now be jobless

Its good to know you are ecstatic you got a job but rein it for others out here. Give a clear description of your expertise, experience, domain knowledge and skillset. Only that will help others with similar experience. Also read so many posts of people not finding work for so many months - are they lying?

There will always be jobs out here for the right candidate - no one doubts that. Common jobs and roles are ones which attract most job applications because most people work in that domain. Few jobs require specific skills and those jobs get fewer applications but pay well. Not all can get such jobs and such jobs are a MINORITY in this market.

So grow up and dont give such lame statements telling everyone to come here because there a million jobs paying big money and not enough people to fill such roles. Remember- YOU are lucky to be in the RIGHT domain thats in demand, thats all.

KP

IMHO4u
BANNED

Re: A small success story..

Post by IMHO4u » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:36 am

samsung wrote:This is for those people who are a little apprehensive to come to the UK, after leaving their present jobs, thinking about how life would be after coming to the UK and when they would find the job.

Well for me I came to the UK on 21, uploaded my resume the same night, started getting calls from the other day itself. One interview got scheduled on 24th, cleared it, and got the contract. joining from monday.

Got one telephonic tomorrow at i.e 25th at 10:30 am, and then one face to face interview at 2:30 pm at central london for a big bank, its permanent role for 65K. My phone keeps ringing like crazy, have already declined two interview calls cos they were paying a little less.
I have never seen such response before.

Let me know if u have any questions..

So, guys pack ur bags and just fly in...

Samsung – So, jobs are on SALE this summer, isn’t it :lol: . Stupidity personified. Such waste is this. 8)

Now, let’s quickly scan your imagination, for a start, this is a fiction, anyone who ever lived and worked in UK knows this. :wink: However, the target audience for SALE, the innocent immigrant doesn’t. 8)

Here, going by your reply-history, you seem to be a wanna-be-hero without a war. So let’s assume, you did get a JOB. Does that mean, everyone should pack their bags and fly? How crap is that? You can state that you were lucky and told everyone what is reality, which is, jobs are tough right now, but you didn’t .. sad and sick. :evil:

Look at this – (from more creditable source than you)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10280461.stm

(This figure is highest seen for decades)

I know you will generate a following here, people asking 'how-how-how' .. and 'a please get us jobs' questions, but posting a wrong, disfigured idea of reality is really nasty. And Yes, by forwarding all the inquiries you are getting to your consultants, don’t generate too much commission, if they ever get a job. :twisted: (ops .. I was not suppose to say that here, isnt it smart-pants)

For any dreamer who still believes this idea of ‘packing bags’, search the words ‘unemployment’ / ‘job market UK’ on Google and read some news yourself ... :evil:

samsung

Post by samsung » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 am

IMHO4u - Yes they are on sale man, that s what i can see. Its just not for my skills, but with other skills for my friends too. You need to widen your scope and then look around, rather than sitting inside ur coccon shell and cribbing all ur life. Guess WHAT, keep ur humble to yourself cos they are not so humble. Moreover my adivce is for ppl with good IT exp and not anybody. Its common sense buddy, but i guess u lack that, sick and sad for a grown up person like you....get a life...

And you talk about commission huh, I feel bad about your upbringing man, maybe you had a troubled childhood, i can understand. You ve my condolence.... :cry:

For anybody who has the skills and confidence to make it, pack and come, DONT LISTEN TO THESE LOOSERS, if they did not make it , they feel others are also like them ...

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 am

samsung wrote:......Yes they are on sale man, that s what i can see. Its just not for my skills, but with other skills for my friends too.
Really???? Wow, UK sounds like the best place on this planet dude
samsung wrote:So, guys pack ur bags and just fly in...
Hmmm...nothing in any of your posts that specify HOW well experienced one needs to be to get such wonderfully great and well paid jobs. Even a guy with 2 yrs exp will read this and think it applies to him right???

Samsung, I guess we all know by now how naive and stupid you are to try and make others to fall for your seriously dumb post. Do one thing - give your personal details to those who come here only based on what you say and give them in writing they can bury you alive if
1. They dont get 3 or 4 jobs offers
2. They dont get non stop interview calls that they just get fed up
3. They dont get jobs offers for £50k and more within 1 week
:roll:

Man, you are a piece of work :shock:

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 am

samsung wrote:
Kenfrapin - You are famous for bringing sorrow to people by putting ur discouraging comments everytime. To me it seems like this fellow doesnt wants other to come to the uk . Bloody always bringing negativity to this forum. Sooner or later you will meet the same fate like ur friend Pakhtoom. Guess what, there's one person required in UK, and its our beloved Mr. Kenfrapin. U should as alien as ur name man, and ur right man, ur definitely a piece of work, one of its kind, bloody looser, get a life man...

Friends dont listen to these loosers, what i posted is my Story. PM me if you need any help, maybe i can refer you guys to some consultants.

I did came here in 2009, but had to go back cos of some personal reasons.

By the way am a BO/ETL developer.

Cheers..
Samsung

Well congrats Samsung for getting a good job. It is good to encourage other but u can't just generalise that market is good and everything looks hunky dory. You can see from Kenfrapin previous posts that he had always given proper advice. It is always an issue that if somebody gets a job in first interview in UK and they think market is excellent and blah-2.
Well if something is good for you does not mean it will suit everybody.

I am in job and looking for change, certainly for me my phone does not stop ringing. I have seen sometimes that there are 3-4 jobs but I receive calls from different agent regarding the same job.

It is excellent that you have a job now and I would say that you deserve it but don't say that anybody can get a job here.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:16 am

Congratulations Samsung. Your success story is impressive but to say "just pack your back and fly in" is too ambitious. BO/ETL is one of the high demand skills in UK so you were lucky dude. It is not the case for all. It's good to share success stories but would be more meaningful if you can also suggest some level of patience for new comers so they do not expect suceess in 1st week.
For me, it took me 4 months to get job and those 4 months were most stressful time of my life.
There are still many jobs in UK but not for all.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 am

samsung wrote:Buddy am not here to scam or do crazy things. I respect this forum cos if am in UK today its only cos of this forum.
Now i understand why you are a thin ice member, guess what you deserve it. I wont be surprised if you get banned.
Looking at the way you react to genuine replies, I have serious doubts about the competence of the person who interviewed/employed you ! Lets assume for a minute what you are saying is true and you got a well-paid job, perhaps its time to grow up a bit then ??

Your personal attack on kenfrapain is totally uncalled for. He is one of the very few people on this forum who have earned respect for their contribution towards this forum and everyone would appreciate his posts except some nut cases like yourself.

All what he said, and what other posters agreed with, is that you shouldn't post like some villager who entered a big city for the first time and is too excited to see the reality so would start telling others how great everything is when in fact its not. That of course, given your story is true.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:40 am

samsung wrote:This is for those people who are a little apprehensive to come to the UK, after leaving their present jobs, thinking about how life would be after coming to the UK and when they would find the job.
I thought Kenfrapin had already posted a few brilliant posts on this topic. However, let's give you a chance too ... :D
samsung wrote:Well for me I came to the UK on 21, uploaded my resume the same night, started getting calls from the other day itself. One interview got scheduled on 24th, cleared it, and got the contract. joining from monday.
Good stuff mate! This is the stuff real men are made of, I think!
samsung wrote:I have never seen such response before
Me neither. Wonder if anyone here did !
What about the girls?!!! :wink:
Samsung, Guess a nice Colombian coffee or a good Italian Espresso will wake you up mate.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:40 am

I thought Kenfrapin had already posted a few brilliant posts on this topic. However, let's give you a chance too ... :D
samsung wrote:Well for me I came to the UK on 21, uploaded my resume the same night, started getting calls from the other day itself. One interview got scheduled on 24th, cleared it, and got the contract. joining from monday.
Good stuff mate! This is the stuff real men are made of, I think!
samsung wrote:I have never seen such response before
Me neither. Wonder if anyone here did !
What about the girls?!!! :wink:
Samsung, Guess a nice Colombian coffee or a good Italian Espresso will wake you up mate.

IMHO4u
BANNED

Post by IMHO4u » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:25 pm

samsung wrote:IMHO4u - Yes they are on sale man, that s what i can see. Its just not for my skills, but with other skills for my friends too. You need to widen your scope and then look around, rather than sitting inside ur coccon shell and cribbing all ur life. Guess WHAT, keep ur humble to yourself cos they are not so humble. Moreover my adivce is for ppl with good IT exp and not anybody. Its common sense buddy, but i guess u lack that, sick and sad for a grown up person like you....get a life...

And you talk about commission huh, I feel bad about your upbringing man, maybe you had a troubled childhood, i can understand. You ve my condolence.... :cry:

For anybody who has the skills and confidence to make it, pack and come, DONT LISTEN TO THESE LOOSERS, if they did not make it , they feel others are also like them ...

Just the way you look at things proves the point. It is sad that you have to create stories to get attention. 8)

Obviously I don’t need to mention that your claim about market is so absurd that arguing on it is pure waste, everyone from bottom to Mr. Cameron understands what UK is facing right now. :lol:

And yes, on your personal remarks, lets say fighting with a pig, can only get you dirty. So nothing on that. :wink:

When you are done with this drama, start looking for real job ... :twisted:

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:35 pm

IMHO4u wrote: When you are done with this drama, start looking for real job ... :twisted:
Haha

samsung

Post by samsung » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Alrite ppl think what ever you guys have to, i dont give a shit.

Mr Pakhtoon - Time for you to go to Afghanistan man, bloody Sullla, Now i know why you a thin ice member, hope you get banned real soon :lol:

Enjoy ur weekends fellas....

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:44 pm

samsung wrote: Mr Pakhtoon - Time for you to go to Afghanistan man, bloody Sullla, Now i know why you a thin ice member, hope you get banned real soon :lol:

Sad that a twat like you is member of this forum....anyways, you always get back what you give so watch your back you big-shot-extra-smart-know-it-all guy...and pity the company that hired you to do their work.....real piece of work....tsk...tsk...

KP

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:02 am

Generalizing the market forces from one's experience is not an encouraging sign. All the advice offered to the queries is *FREE* and it is upto the posters or lurkers to take the advice as is or with a pinch of salt. I would like to quote from the rubbish MATRIX
Courtesy: IMDB

Neo: I suppose the most obvious question is, how can I trust you?

The Oracle: Bingo. It is a pickle. No doubt about it. The bad news is there's no way if you can really know whether I'm here to help you or not, so it's really up to you. You just have to make up you on damned mind to either accept what I'm going to tell you, or reject it.
Shepherd

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:58 am

Lol....Shepherd good one with the matrix quote :)

Samsung, chill out mate. - The only point the other experienced guys are making is that the situation is not that rosy enough for "everyone to just fly in without a job".

The market is for sure competitive, you need to be very good in what ever you do and of course there should be requirements in that domain / skill-set area.

I have had friends who came in without a job it took them an average of 4 to 6 months to land a job.

Really appreciate that you shared your personal positive experience. Although it sounded a bit over-zealous, it is the responsibility of the individual to not get misled, to NOT take it at face value and pack their bags and fly in.

Cheers,
LC
Last edited by LearningCurve on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zaynab79

other vacansies

Post by zaynab79 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:18 am

hi Samsung,

i want to inquire what kind of other vacancies does this bank have?? cuz i have banking exp and would like for you to help me out as il be comin there soon and if you can give me consultant email or contact no i would really appreciate it