ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help - How To Apply For Ilr Visa If Married To A Brit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pranush
Newly Registered

Post by pranush » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 am

Dear Friends,
I require a help. I am on a student visa (Sponsored by the UK university for my educational fees) from past 10 months in UK and am married to a British from past 7 years (staying together outside UK throughout these 7 years). However we both were married outside UK and had been staying outside UK for these 7 years. I want to know whether I can apply for ILR visa or any other "suitable visa" (converting my student visa to ILR/FLR (M) visa). I have recently passed my Life in UK test. And will it be a problem/objection if I am switching from student visa to ILR visa when I am getting scholarship from UK univ. itself. My husband (who is a British citizen) joined and came with me to UK in August, 2009. However my spouse was on state benefit for last 6 months, and recently started job. Whether I can apply for the visa from UK itself. We had submitted our marriage certificate to Job Centre/ City Council, when we came to UK. And I had put my husband (who is a British citizen) as a dependant while I had applied my student visa.
Thanks & Regards,
Pranush

pranush
Newly Registered

Post by pranush » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi Moderator,
Can you please help me.

Thanks,
Pranush

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:40 pm

You'll need two year FLR visa first, there's no way of going straight to ILR unless you got ILE from outside UK after four years marriage. Too late for that now.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pranush
Newly Registered

How To Apply For Ilr Visa If Married To A Brit

Post by pranush » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:41 am

Hi Moderator,

Thank you very much for the information. Just some more advice :

Can I switch from student visa to FLRM Visa (just after 10 months in UK) and do I need to have CoA (xerox copy of the marriage certificate was submitted to job centre and local city council). Is it (Submitted the xerox copy to Job Centre and city council) not sufficient for CoA.
How many payslip of the sponsor (in this case my spouse) would be required as an attachment. Is it sufficient to show two payslip.
I have my student status letter from my univ. - Is it sufficient ? Since it is very difficult to get the attendance record letter when I am doing PhD (No classes are held).

Thanks & Regards,
Pranush