ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for earnings while on business trip

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rupeshmg
India

Points for earnings while on business trip

Post by rupeshmg » Thu May 20, 2010 5:05 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for VISA in next 2 weeks. I have few queries to be clarified so that I can make right calculation of points

1. I am employed in India by an Indian employer, but I was onsite (on business VISA) for 3 months in last 12 months. During this period I was paid my regular Indian salary. Apart from that I was paid onsite conveyance. So which earnings shall I consider for these 3 months while calculating points ? Can I apply uplift ratio (5.3 for India) for these 3 months for my Indian salary?

2. I wish to get VISA starting after 4/5 months from date of applying. Is it possible to get VISA starting date after 4/5 months ? Is there any max. limit ? (I heard that it is 3 months)

Thanks...

rupeshmg
India

Re: Points for earnings while on business trip

Post by rupeshmg » Sun May 23, 2010 5:17 am

rupeshmg wrote:Hi All,

I am employed in India by an Indian employer, but I was onsite (on business VISA) for 3 months in last 12 months. During this period I was paid my regular Indian salary. Apart from that I was paid onsite conveyance. So which earnings shall I consider for these 3 months while calculating points ? Can I apply uplift ratio (5.3 for India) for these 3 months for my Indian salary?

Have anyone applied with similar background in past ??? Seniors please guide..

rupeshmg
India

Post by rupeshmg » Mon May 24, 2010 6:58 am

rupeshmg wrote:

I am employed in India by an Indian employer, but I was onsite (on business VISA) for 3 months in last 12 months. During this period I was paid my regular Indian salary. Apart from that I was paid onsite conveyance. So which earnings shall I consider for these 3 months while calculating points ? Can I apply uplift ratio (5.3 for India) for these 3 months for my Indian salary?

Sorry for bothering all once again.. But Can someone guide me regarding this. It is very important for me before I apply for VISA. (else I dont qualify for the VISA)

Will HO consider that I was on business VISA, and was never employed, and never had any contract/employment agreement with overseas company (as I can not work when I am on busiess VISA), as well I was never paid any taxable amount(either in India or in visiting country) when I was on travel (except my Indian salary). Can I claim uplift ration for my Indian salary during this period ???

Waiting for your feedback eagerly..

Thanks again for bothering me... :roll:

vks

Post by vks » Mon May 24, 2010 8:18 am

rupeshmg wrote:
rupeshmg wrote:

Sorry for bothering all once again.. But Can someone guide me regarding this. It is very important for me before I apply for VISA. (else I dont qualify for the VISA)

Will HO consider that I was on business VISA, and was never employed, and never had any contract/employment agreement with overseas company (as I can not work when I am on busiess VISA), as well I was never paid any taxable amount(either in India or in visiting country) when I was on travel (except my Indian salary).

Yes

Can I claim uplift ration for my Indian salary during this period ???

No

Regards,
vks

rupeshmg
India

Post by rupeshmg » Thu May 27, 2010 7:21 pm

vks wrote:
rupeshmg wrote:
rupeshmg wrote:

Will HO consider that I was on business VISA, and was never employed, and never had any contract/employment agreement with overseas company (as I can not work when I am on busiess VISA), as well I was never paid any taxable amount(either in India or in visiting country) when I was on travel (except my Indian salary).

Yes

Can I claim uplift ration for my Indian salary during this period ???

No

Thanks Vks for your reply, but I will like to clarify few points here :-

1. After going through similar posts on this forum I came to know that most of people who were in same situation, were in visiting country on work VISA (most of them were on Tier-2 in UK), However I had traveled on business VISA (& not to UK)
2. Most of them want to claim points for both the earnings, while I do not want to claim any points for any overseas earnings. I will be claiming points only for my Indian earnings.(with uplift ratio)
3.I am just wondering if a person employed in UK is on business travel to I ndia (or any other country), then can he claim uplift ratio for that nation, simply because he was travelling to that country for business purpose ??

Seniors & experienced members please comment.....

rupeshmg
India

Post by rupeshmg » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:01 am

Hi All,

Finally got my Tier-1 VISA, posting my results, hoping that it will help others in same situation.

I applied with only my Indian salary & applying uplift ratio(5.3) for all 12 months salary.

Conclusion - If you are on business VISA (during last 15 months), then you need not worry about physical presence in country. As you are not suppose to earn in the visiting country.

However this may not be applicable to all who are on work permit, and are eligible to be employed in overseas company

Once again thanks for wonderful support by all of you...

ganesh46

Post by ganesh46 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:25 am

Finally got my Tier-1 VISA, posting my results, hoping that it will help others in same situation.

I applied with only my Indian salary & applying uplift ratio(5.3) for all 12 months salary.

Conclusion - If you are on business VISA (during last 15 months), then you need not worry about physical presence in country. As you are not suppose to earn in the visiting country.

However this may not be applicable to all who are on work permit, and are eligible to be employed in overseas company

Once again thanks for wonderful support by all of you...
Hi Rupesh,

I am in the same boat as yours. I was on a Business Trip (On a Business-Visitors Visa) to Canada for 86 days, got allowances paid apart from regular indian salary. I am also not showing Canadian allowances.

Would like to know what proofs you submitted?

Thanks,
Gan