ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help... How can I get my mom to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sapvish

Pls help... How can I get my mom to UK

Post by sapvish » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Hello All,

I need help/advice about visa rules when trying to get parent to UK. I might travel to UK on Tier 1 dependant visa. I am on highly skilled category, hence i would seek job in UK. I have a small baby and this is where I am planning to get my mom to UK.

My mom is above 60 years and I dont have any other siblings to take care of her here and she is widow. Under such circumstances I would wish her to stay with me in UK. But I am not sure as to which visa suits this criteria. I thought Family visa is appropriate but I think to apply for this visa, I need to work in UK for couple of months and produce bank statements while applying visa. Am i right? Since i am intending to take my mom along with me how best can i make this happen?

Please help provide your valuable suggestions.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:58 pm

You mean to stay here as you dependant? Not possible I'm afraid you'll need ILR at least and even then it's very hard and likely to get harder.

Of course a visit is fine, but no more than six months in every twelve.

Also whilst it's ok for ur mum to help out with the baby while visiting anything more is work, unpaid or not and a complete no-no.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks for the response...
Yes i meant as a dependant and now i understand that wouldnt be possible. Available option is visit visa as you said. On visit visa where one cannot stay for more than 6 months, suppose she travels out of UK and returns back say in 5th/6th month then will the immigration officers question as to why she is entering UK again ? And if allowed to enter then wil it be for another 6 months? Pls suggest.
Purpose of her travel is just to help me out with baby care.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm

sapvish wrote:Thanks for the response...
Yes i meant as a dependant and now i understand that wouldnt be possible. Available option is visit visa as you said. On visit visa where one cannot stay for more than 6 months, suppose she travels out of UK and returns back say in 5th/6th month then will the immigration officers question as to why she is entering UK again ? And if allowed to enter then wil it be for another 6 months? Pls suggest.
Purpose of her travel is just to help me out with baby care.
Nope - six months in twelve otherwise she'll be bounced and no visa ever, exiting and reentering is a common trick easily spotted - visit visa is just that - a visit not an epic.

Be careful with baby - visit visa is a visit visa - not a save-u-money visa; work is expressly not allowed, family or not.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:47 am

Wanderer wrote:Nope - six months in twelve otherwise she'll be bounced and no visa ever, exiting and reentering is a common trick easily spotted - visit visa is just that - a visit not an epic.
If she is visa national (and therefore needs to obtain entry clearance prior to coming to the UK) and it is her first UK she is likely to only get a 6 month visa anyway. If she then applied immediately for a further visa it would almost certainly be rejected.

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 am

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.