ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Cap

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lesbere
- thin ice -

Re: Clear picture of CAP

Post by lesbere » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 pm

tsadeel79 wrote:Hi Guys,
Lot of people seem confused and scared from the new rules implemented on Tier 1 General. Below link provide you clear picture about new rule. It is very simple to understand and quite concise

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... for-t1-pbs

Hope this will help

Thankx,
Adi
That summarizes everything.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Pasting the relevant section for renewals... in case the link disappears...!
You will be excluded from the limit if you are already in the UK under Tier 1 (General) and you apply for an extension, or if you are already in the UK under another immigration category and you switch into Tier 1 (General).

You will not have to meet the increased points mark if you are already in the UK in one of the following categories:
Tier 1 (General)
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
Writer, composer or artist
Self-employed lawyer

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 pm

MJNair wrote:Pasting the relevant section for renewals... in case the link disappears...!
You will be excluded from the limit if you are already in the UK under Tier 1 (General) and you apply for an extension, or if you are already in the UK under another immigration category and you switch into Tier 1 (General).

You will not have to meet the increased points mark if you are already in the UK in one of the following categories:
Tier 1 (General)
Self-employed lawyer
But below that it also states

Tier 1 (General)
Self-employed lawyer
If you are in the UK in any other immigration category and you apply to switch into Tier 1 (General), or if you are applying from outside the UK, you will need to score 100 points.

bit confused... what is this 100 points thing???
Tier1 Aspirant

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:25 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... for-t2-pbs
We will give priority to certificates of sponsorship required for extension applications and shortage occupations
Does this mean that T2 general comes under the interim limit?

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 pm

If you are in the UK in any other immigration category and you apply to switch into Tier 1 (General), or if you are applying from outside the UK, you will need to score 100 points.

bit confused... what is this 100 points thing???
80 (earning + age + education) + 10 (english) + 10 (maintenance) = 100

Tina315
Newly Registered

Post by Tina315 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:19 am

:( I need the pound to drop 0.0001 points to move into a different earning bracket and get 80 points. i am stressed!!!!

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:02 am

Tina315 wrote::( I need the pound to drop 0.0001 points to move into a different earning bracket and get 80 points. i am stressed!!!!
Time to do a part time job for a couple of weeks?
Goodluck.

iha8racsim
Newly Registered

Post by iha8racsim » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:42 am

Can any one please explain to me what is this confusion...as i believe Government have double standards...i may be wrong...

""You will be excluded from the limit if you are already in the UK under Tier 1 (General) and you apply for an extension, or if you are already in the UK under another immigration category and you switch into Tier 1 (General).

Tier 1 (General)
Self-employed lawyer

Source of Info: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... for-t1-pbs

iha8racsim
Newly Registered

Post by iha8racsim » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:46 am

iha8racsim wrote:Can any one please explain to me what is this confusion...as i believe Government have double standards...i may be wrong...

""You will be excluded from the limit if you are already in the UK under Tier 1 (General) and you apply for an extension, or if you are already in the UK under another immigration category and you switch into Tier 1 (General).

Tier 1 (General)
Self-employed lawyer

On one side government is saying that switching from any other category in-country applications are excluded on other hand included...??? Confusing...

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:52 am

iha8racsim wrote:
iha8racsim wrote:Can any one please explain to me what is this confusion...as i believe Government have double standards...i may be wrong...

Tier 1 (General)
Self-employed lawyer

On one side government is saying that switching from any other category in-country applications are excluded on other hand included...??? Confusing...

they do not have double standards. You will be excluded from the "limit" and "increased point" if you're extending Tier 1 (G).
If you are switching to Tier 1 (G) from any other category then you'll only be excluded from the "limit" but still need to claim 100 points.

In other words, there is no change for people already on Tier 1 and willing to extend. But if you're switching from another category then you have to claim 100 points.

Applicants from outside UK will have to make sure they satisfy both new criteria.
Hope this helps.
Goodluck.

iha8racsim
Newly Registered

Post by iha8racsim » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 am

thanks for reply [ID]

another thing i want to confirm. Applicant have to gain 80 points instead of 75 for the same categories or New changes are introducing any new category.?

Previous Earning
UK Experiance
English Language
Maintenance Funds

any new category?

anyone have any information?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:03 am

iha8racsim wrote:thanks for reply [ID]

another thing i want to confirm. Applicant have to gain 80 points instead of 75 for the same categories or New changes are introducing any new category.?

Previous Earning
UK Experiance
English Language
Maintenance Funds

any new category?

anyone have any information?

No new category, you need to score 5 extra points now.
btw if you include english language and maintenance funds then you need to score 100 points
Goodluck.

divday
Newly Registered

Dependent

Post by divday » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:27 am

What about dependents who are applying for Tier 1 extensions? Will they also be excluded like the main applicant?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:30 am

divday wrote:What about dependents who are applying for Tier 1 extensions? Will they also be excluded like the main applicant?
All the dependants are excluded.

divday
Newly Registered

Post by divday » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:33 am

You mean to say all the dependents like new tier 1 dependents also?

or does this apply only for dependents who are applying for extensions?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:40 am

divday wrote:You mean to say all the dependents like new tier 1 dependents also?

or does this apply only for dependents who are applying for extensions?
All dependants, new Tier 1 dependants or extension dependants are excluded.

balak2

Post by balak2 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Looks like there are going to be changes for Tier 1 extensions as well. The Migration Advisory Committe(MAC) has already started a consultation.

Document is given in the following link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Pasting the relevant snippet from the document below:

Only Tiers 1 and 2 of the PBS are in scope for this work. Our
recommended limit for Tier 1 will apply to the current Tier 1 general route
only, including dependants. It will apply to inflows into and from within Tier 1 from both within and outside the UK. It will therefore include in-country
migrants switching into, and extending under, Tier 1
. The Post-Study Work
Route (PSWR) is outside the scope of our recommended limit: the Home
Secretary has said that the Government will be reviewing other immigration
routes and bringing forward further proposals in due course. The investor and
entrepreneur routes under Tier 1 are also excluded.

divday
Newly Registered

Post by divday » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:44 pm

can they include people under extension as well..
it doesnt seem fair.. isnt against the terms and conditions we signed?
all the time they have changed the rules people who applied with the old rules were excluded...

just not fair.. so basically people who have jobs at the moment have to return ...

webmarketingguru
Newly Registered

5400 Tier1 general skilled workers limit source?

Post by webmarketingguru » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi Folks,

I have been reviewing the UK home office website links provided in this forum but could not find on where exactly it was mentioned that only 5400 tier1 visas will be granted during this 9 month period??

I understand from some posts in this forum thread that the new out country aspirants who wish to apply for tier1 skilled worker visa should not worry too much due to this interim cap. However, i would like to be reassured from senior members that my understanding is correct...

Thanks for considering my post in advance..

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:52 pm

here is the link which explains everything

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... for-t1-pbs

webmarketingguru
Newly Registered

Re: 5400 Tier1 general skilled workers limit source?

Post by webmarketingguru » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

webmarketingguru wrote: I have been reviewing the UK home office website links provided in this forum but could not find on where exactly it was mentioned that only 5400 tier1 visas will be granted during this 9 month period??
I think i got the reference.
Tier 1 (General) visa approvals will be limited to the same volumes as the equivalent period in 2009. Volumes of approvals should therefore stay constant, assuming the volume of applications and grants remains the same as 2009 levels. We therefore assume there is no overall reduction in Tier 1 (General) visa approvals as a result of the interim limit. The interim limit will therefore be set at 5,400 for Tier 1 (General) visa approvals for the period July 2010 to March 2011.
Source Page 9 - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
We therefore assume there is no overall reduction in Tier 1 (General) visa approvals as a result of the interim limit.
Does this mean it does not affect the new applications too much? please advice.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Home Office Consultation on Non- Eu Migrant Limit, Participate online.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MF72LZG

Regards,
Tipu

antouk

Re: 5400 Tier1 general skilled workers limit source?

Post by antouk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:00 pm

webmarketingguru wrote:
webmarketingguru wrote: I have been reviewing the UK home office website links provided in this forum but could not find on where exactly it was mentioned that only 5400 tier1 visas will be granted during this 9 month period??
I think i got the reference.
Tier 1 (General) visa approvals will be limited to the same volumes as the equivalent period in 2009. Volumes of approvals should therefore stay constant, assuming the volume of applications and grants remains the same as 2009 levels. We therefore assume there is no overall reduction in Tier 1 (General) visa approvals as a result of the interim limit. The interim limit will therefore be set at 5,400 for Tier 1 (General) visa approvals for the period July 2010 to March 2011.
Source Page 9 - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
We therefore assume there is no overall reduction in Tier 1 (General) visa approvals as a result of the interim limit.
Does this mean it does not affect the new applications too much? please advice.
Sorry to ask the same question:

according to MAC report released in dec 2009, there has been 17,883 T1(G) applications approved and thats only out of the country applns. and the stat is showing numbers from sep 2008 till aug 2009.

But claims from the govt is considerably low, has it gone down that much after Aug 2009? or where am i missing?

can anybody enlighten me?
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

balak2

Post by balak2 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:08 pm

balak2 wrote:Looks like there are going to be changes for Tier 1 extensions as well. The Migration Advisory Committe(MAC) has already started a consultation.

Document is given in the following link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Pasting the relevant snippet from the document below:

Only Tiers 1 and 2 of the PBS are in scope for this work. Our
recommended limit for Tier 1 will apply to the current Tier 1 general route
only, including dependants. It will apply to inflows into and from within Tier 1 from both within and outside the UK. It will therefore include in-country
migrants switching into, and extending under, Tier 1
. The Post-Study Work
Route (PSWR) is outside the scope of our recommended limit: the Home
Secretary has said that the Government will be reviewing other immigration
routes and bringing forward further proposals in due course. The investor and
entrepreneur routes under Tier 1 are also excluded.
divday wrote:can they include people under extension as well..
it doesnt seem fair.. isnt against the terms and conditions we signed?
all the time they have changed the rules people who applied with the old rules were excluded...

just not fair.. so basically people who have jobs at the moment have to return ...
I totally agree with you mate. But I believe Migration Advisory Committee has started a consultation and they are looking into Tier 1 extensions as well.

Have to wait and see what happens.....looks like we are living in interesting times!!!!

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't think it'll affect (atleast) those extensions where applicants are already employed/economically active as it'll hit Employer as well.