ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport return

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kite
Newly Registered

Passport return

Post by Kite » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:38 am

Hi All. I have applied with a EEA4. Is it true that I can withdraw my passport and it will not affect the deccision making process?

I am not able to get through their phone number. They are always too busy and are not able to transfer my call :(

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Passport return

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:41 am

Kite wrote:Is it true that I can withdraw my passport and it will not affect the deccision making process
Yes

noodles

Post by noodles » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:57 am

Hi,
As the RC is no longer valid, will the OP be able to travel out of the country?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:08 pm

The RC for 5 years of initial residence merely confirmed the OP's rights of residence in the UK under EU law. PR is automatically acquired after this period and all the OP is doing is requesting confirmation of it.

So, with their passport, certificate of application, marriage certificate they should be able to travel, though it may not be as smooth as with a PR card.