ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help with my sister visit visa to US

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bangash
Newly Registered

need help with my sister visit visa to US

Post by bangash » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:47 pm

hi all,
i need some help, i applied for my family ( mom,dad and my sister) to visit me in america, but unfortunatly my mom n dad got a visit visa for 5 years but my sister rejected for not having sufffient ties. my family is from pakistan, during that time, my sister was doing nothing, neither she was in college nor engage to any body,no any job.

i am just wondering what will help to get her visit visaa to america,
since they have applied for the first my mom n dad still not able to come to usa just bcz of my sister , they cant leave her alone due to family reason.
is there any way that could help getting mysister a visa,i want them all to visit me in december for my son birthday and see chrismtass n newyear.

at the moment my sister is 22 and she has joined the university also she got engage, will this help, is there anyway we can show her engagments commitment in application that she have ties with backhome, so she can get visa,
i looked through application form but there is nothing i can see about engagement thing that i can show or we have to write in personal as extra paper.

can some one please help me that. i have really big desire that we all family get together .

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: need help with my sister visit visa to US

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:37 pm

Being engaged is extremely unlikely to count as a "connection". Studying might work. A job would be even better. All she can do is apply again for the visa.

Your sister's situation seems to be common with unmarried young women from Pakistan. In general, no work and no studying means no connections = no visa.

bangash
Newly Registered

Post by bangash » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:45 am

so being a student and studing will not gurantee 100% that she will get a visa,

also job will not guranteee 100% either , if she can get a visa or not.....

but if she can get a job and also if we show that she is engage, i hope it will help her in getting a visa
thanks everyone, any more idea from anyone else

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm

bangash wrote:so being a student and studing will not gurantee 100% that she will get a visa,

also job will not guranteee 100% either , if she can get a visa or not.....

but if she can get a job and also if we show that she is engage, i hope it will help her in getting a visa
thanks everyone, any more idea from anyone else
Nothing will guarantee 100% that she will get a visa. And even with a visa, there's always the chance of being refused entry at the POE.

If you want more opinions, you may post on the following forum:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:32 pm

@OP: there used to be a website i think called path2usa which was really helpful with documentation needed and extra tips for people applying for US visas.
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa