ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally got a Contract..

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

Finally got a Contract..

Post by coolsats » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:01 pm

hi Friends,

After three months of struggle i finally got a contract :D . I ll be paid 300 a day. Now I was wondering how much will i get after the tax deduction.
My agency says that I need to register for the umbrella company before the offer is being rolled. She said if i wish, i can even do it my self. Now my problem is..

1) Which umbrella company should i go for.
2) How much can i expect after deductions.
3) Dont ve an UK address, and am planning to for HSBC passport account, is it okey, or should i go for something else, any feedback on this... :D :shock:

Waiting for your inputs guys..

Idea

Post by Idea » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Did you try googling for umberalla companies ?
you'll get answers for most of your questions...

the umberella companies have on their websites net income calculators.
which will give u an idea ..

- it depends on what expenses you would claim, is your workplace near where u live . is your contract expected to be for more than 2 years 9in which case you cannot claim certain expenses)

basically.... browse the net, give the companies a call and find out what they offer, what they charge for their services etc. - usually its in the region of 20gbp/week

-not sure what u mean by i dont have addres...or the passport account

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:46 pm

I will google for the umbrealla companies, never knew about it, sorry mate..thanx for the suggestion...

My contract is initially for two months, not sure if it will get extended or not.

My work place is far, takes about an hour and 15 min to reach there..
Can you tell me what kind of expenses can i claim for, I ve absolutely no idea on this, do i need to preserve the bills for that or something...

Thanks..

pyke

Re: Finally got a Contract..

Post by pyke » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:24 pm

coolsats wrote: 2) How much can i expect after deductions.
As Idea suggested, there are calculators available that will help you calculate the exact amount you can get after deductions, but it is significantly less after deductions.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanx for the feedback guys....one more questions

***** Can you tell me what kind of expenses can i claim for, I ve absolutely no idea on this, do i need to preserve the bills for that or something...

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:21 am

congratulations on your initial success. As for me, my client allows me to claim travel expenses to project site.
For international trips, they pay for my airfare, food, acomodation (almost everything except my personal expenses like drinks and all). Ofcourse, you need to ask the limit of expenses. Feel free to ask questions to your contractor company (the one who gave you contract). In this country, you are not offended to ask questions. So feel free to ask anything you are confused of.

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Congrats on landing the contract !

One question - which technology do you work in and what skillset do you possess ?