ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 2nd Extension Dilemma

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alladin

tier 1 2nd Extension Dilemma

Post by alladin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:31 am

Hi Guys,

I came to uk on hsmp in early 2008 and have extended my visa which is now Tier 1. I am in short of exactly 30 days(that is 4 year and 11 months of stay) for the ILR (as per the rules now).

Now, I am looking at the possibility of requiring a 2nd extension by the end of 2012. In that case, according to the rules, is it extension of hsmp visa OR extension of Tier 1 visa should I be looking for ?

Ya,it should be extending the Tier 1 and that is what I get when looking in the points calculator and I am having the 75 points that is needed.
(in the brink :? )

But if I look in the Tier 1 guidance in the UKBA site, people extending their hsmp visa will be having lesser points for age when it is over 30 (not the same as tier 1 extension)

So my question is whether I am now a tier 1 extension applicant or hsmp extension applicant. (I believe it should be case of tier 1 extension)

welcoming some thoughts on this.

cheers,
alladin

Markie

Re: tier 1 2nd Extension Dilemma

Post by Markie » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 am

you should be assessing yourself under T1 (HMSP is dead now).
alladin wrote:Hi Guys,

I came to uk on hsmp in early 2008 and have extended my visa which is now Tier 1. I am in short of exactly 30 days(that is 4 year and 11 months of stay) for the ILR (as per the rules now).

Now, I am looking at the possibility of requiring a 2nd extension by the end of 2012. In that case, according to the rules, is it extension of hsmp visa OR extension of Tier 1 visa should I be looking for ?

Ya,it should be extending the Tier 1 and that is what I get when looking in the points calculator and I am having the 75 points that is needed.
(in the brink :? )

But if I look in the Tier 1 guidance in the UKBA site, people extending their hsmp visa will be having lesser points for age when it is over 30 (not the same as tier 1 extension)

So my question is whether I am now a tier 1 extension applicant or hsmp extension applicant. (I believe it should be case of tier 1 extension)

welcoming some thoughts on this.

cheers,
alladin