ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it £533 only or £800+£533 (dependent visa) urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sreblog

Is it £533 only or £800+£533 (dependent visa) urgent

Post by sreblog » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for Tier 1 G dependent visa for my wife. I have been in UK for more than 2+ years and visa valid till 2011

My wife only applying for visa, can anyone confirm me maintenance of funds
£533 or £800 + £533

Regards,
Sreblog

ChetanOjha

Re: Is it £533 only or £800+£533 (dependent visa) urgent

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:36 pm

Apply with £800+£533.
£533 is for each dependent. But since she must be your dependent, I would provide evidence from both main applicant and dependent.
sreblog wrote:Hi All,

I am applying for Tier 1 G dependent visa for my wife. I have been in UK for more than 2+ years and visa valid till 2011

£533 or £800 + £533

Regards,
Sreblog

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:37 pm

£800 + £533

Paragraph 42 of Tier1 G Dependant Guidance

£533 or £800 + £533

Regards,
Sreblog
- Ramgsk

push

Post by push » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:06 pm

ramgsk wrote:£800 + £533

Paragraph 42 of Tier1 G Dependant Guidance

£533 or £800 + £533

Regards,
Sreblog
Agree. The operative word is highlighted below:
42. If a dependant applies separately from the Tier 1 migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family.
Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available
funds.
Please remember, a number of ppl have got away with providing maintenance fund availability for dependants only (I did not agree with the same - but who cares); some even got reply from VFS confirming their position
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:24 am

Hi sreblog

You need to just show 533 £ only as you are more than 2 years in UK, there is no need at all to show 800£ as the main applicant has already got the visa and is in UK.

This was the same case with me, and i was asked to show only 533 £ for 3 months towards my wife...

I still dont understand why people in this forum are still misunderstanding the mantainence funds..

its 1600£ if main applicant is in uk for < 1 year
and 533 £ if main applicant is in uk for > 1 year

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Tier1Visa,

Thanks for your response, yes I do agree that there is a confusion on maintenance of funds on this site for dependent visa. I got more confused as did I more search here, bcs there are lot of people posting with different opinion and hard pick the right one. Also reading guidence notes not so clear.Thanks for your help I also got it confirmed from Chennai VFS over the mail that its only £533 not £800 + £533.

Thanks push hsmp and all

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:53 am

No misunderstanding please, it is
£800 + £533

Please refer to guidance in my last post in the thread.
As push_hsmp says there were still some people who could get away with that, got the visa without showing the cumulative funds, but one puts oneself into risk if they do not show the cumulative amount. And it is also true that Chennai Visa Enquiry also gives confusing answers to this, but guidance is the constitution, it says £800 + £533
Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa wrote:Hi sreblog

You need to just show 533 £ only as you are more than 2 years in UK, there is no need at all to show 800£ as the main applicant has already got the visa and is in UK.

This was the same case with me, and i was asked to show only 533 £ for 3 months towards my wife...

I still dont understand why people in this forum are still misunderstanding the mantainence funds..

its 1600£ if main applicant is in uk for < 1 year
and 533 £ if main applicant is in uk for > 1 year
- Ramgsk

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:05 am

ramgsk

41. If the same Tier 1 migrant and his family
had been present in the UK for two years,

they would require evidence that they held
£2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available
funds.

42. If a dependant applies separately from
the Tier 1 migrant, there must still be enough
funds to support each member of the family.

Therefore in the example above, if the family
has a third child, the main applicant has been
in the United Kingdom for two years and the
family applies for leave to remain for the third
child separately, they must provide evidence
that they have an additional £533 in available
funds.

Bolded content in para 42 does not say you need to show additional 800 £

Para 41 clearly explain abt a scenario where a family including main applicant will be applying for Tier1 from within uk...

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:20 am

Just posting the mail response I got from VFS,

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query, this is to inform you that where principal applicant is already in UK under Tier 1 General for more than 12 months, maintenance amount per dependent is 533 pounds.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Helpline no – 080-40084008
SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.
Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com
For information on UK attractions and transport and to buy tickets before you fly, call Visit Britain the national tourism authority of UK on toll free 1800 209 7071 or visit www.visitbritainshop.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----- Original Message -----

To: vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your information.

I needed one clarification, do I need to show £800 maintenance of funds for my self in addition to £533? I had my Tier 1 General extension on last November 2008. Its only my wife who needs to apply for dependent visa.

It would be great if you could clarify this, I could not get a clear information from all other sources.

Regards,
xxxx

manuj_78
Newly Registered

Post by manuj_78 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:10 pm

sreblog wrote:Just posting the mail response I got from VFS,

Dear xxx,

With regard to your query, this is to inform you that where principal applicant is already in UK under Tier 1 General for more than 12 months, maintenance amount per dependent is 533 pounds.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com
For information on UK attractions and transport and to buy tickets before you fly, call Visit Britain the national tourism authority of UK on toll free 1800 209 7071 or visit www.visitbritainshop.co.uk

That is a pc way to say that they dont know anything.
Lok at the question that was asked and the answer that was provided..Does it mean 533 per dependent plus the 800 for tier1 migrant or just 533 for the dependent? The question still remains unanswered

push

Post by push » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:09 pm

For your easy reference, I have further highlighted one more word (in red) below. Please read the paragraphs again and let us know what you think of these now (the word "additional" could be interpreted as referring to "in addition to other two dependants" or more conservatively to "main applicant+other two dependants":
Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa wrote:ramgsk

41. If the same Tier 1 migrant and his family
had been present in the UK for two years,

they would require evidence that they held
£2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available
funds.

42. If a dependant applies separately from
the Tier 1 migrant, there must still be enough
funds to support each member of the family.

Therefore in the example above, if the family
has a third child, the main applicant has been
in the United Kingdom for two years and the
family applies for leave to remain for the third
child separately, they must provide evidence
that they have an additional £533 in available
funds.

Bolded content in para 42 does not say you need to show additional 800 £

Para 41 clearly explain abt a scenario where a family including main applicant will be applying for Tier1 from within uk...
It may seem ridiculous for HO to expect the main applicant to show maintenance funds for himself even though he has stayed more than one year in UK but then when it comes to extension, they clearly ask for it.

The underlying idea is- the main applicant +dependants should be in a position to support them without recourse to public funds at all times. If at the time of applying separately for dependants the main applicant is not obliged to demonstrate availability of funds for himself as well, the underlying purpose is defeated.

But, as I said ppl have got away with showing funds for dependants only.
regards,
push

manuj_78
Newly Registered

Post by manuj_78 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:36 pm

I completely agree and logic also dictates that it should be 800+533 as otherwise what is the purpose of HO first requiring 800 for main Visa applicant and then just 533 when he/she has a dependent.
What I hate is the amount of confusion even in the language of HO documents.1 document say 1 thing and the other completely different.

I am suffering right now because of the maintenance fund issue (the language in the HO guidance is appaling and they contradict themselves at so many places on their website) as my application was rejected and I appealed. Now waiting for a decision of the hearing..its been 10 days and havent heard anything.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:24 am

manuj_78 wrote:
sreblog wrote:Just posting the mail response I got from VFS,

Dear xxx,

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com

That is a pc way to say that they dont know anything.
Lok at the question that was asked and the answer that was provided..Does it mean 533 per dependent plus the 800 for tier1 migrant or just 533 for the dependent? The question still remains unanswered

Ya, I have had such experience from VFS many times. No matter what you ask, they will reply what they had to reply. Dont always rely on the email from them. However, when I called them, I have got a better service.

Vikram

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Guys,

I am really more confused now, I was planning to send my wife back to India (currently on visitor visa) if it was only 533 to finish off this visa thing.

I called this morning to VFS office , they confirmed to me over the phone that it is only 533 as I am already in UK.When I wrote to BC over here in UK they inturn replied saying contact local VFS from where application has to be made.

Is there anyone who got visa by just showing 533 , is it true what VFS are saying.

Regards,
Sreblog

push

Post by push » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 pm

sreblog wrote:Guys,

I am really more confused now, I was planning to send my wife back to India (currently on visitor visa) if it was only 533 to finish off this visa thing.

I called this morning to VFS office , they confirmed to me over the phone that it is only 533 as I am already in UK.When I wrote to BC over here in UK they inturn replied saying contact local VFS from where application has to be made.

Is there anyone who got visa by just showing 533 , is it true what VFS are saying.

Regards,
Sreblog
Contrary to what I said above (and however different I may think about it) a number of of ppl have actually got approval for their dependants by showing just GBP533. Someone posted a reply from VFS as well couple of weeks ago.
Last edited by push on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:59 am

If you can show £800+£533, I would recommend to do that irrespective of the reply from VFS. I wouldn't bet my application fee on their reply.

Regards,
Sreblog

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:42 am

Guys,

I thought I will update you all , may it might be useful information who is in similar kind of situation as mine.

Inspite of difference in opinions shown on this thread about maintenance of funds , we made an application with 533GBP as maintenance of funds and my wife was successfull getting her dependent visa.

So I conclude 533 maintenance is good enough for dependent visa if applied seperately from main applicant

push

Post by push » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:51 pm

I thought I will update you all , may it might be useful information who is in similar kind of situation as mine.

Inspite of difference in opinions shown on this thread about maintenance of funds , we made an application with 533GBP as maintenance of funds and my wife was successfull getting her dependent visa.

So I conclude 533 maintenance is good enough for dependent visa if applied seperately from main applicant
Thats what I said- ppl have been getting approvals by showing funds for their dependants only, despite a contrary belief of some of us (including me). At the same time our example can not be treated as a precedence.
regards,
push

letmec2006

Maintanence Fund

Post by letmec2006 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 pm

In a sense maintanence fund is not appropriate for people already in the UK. For example, if a couple need to apply for a dependant visa for their child, it would not be logical to show £800+£533+£533 and to maintain it for three months. Since having already lived in this country they can easily maintain themselves with few extra quids when they have a baby as well.
So I am glad BHC agrees for fund just for dependant. It would be more appropriate that just £533 shown for each dependant application.

It would definately make sense for new applicants coming to this country where they need that extra money for initial spending till the main applicant find a job.

push

Re: Maintanence Fund

Post by push » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:07 pm

letmec2006 wrote:In a sense maintanence fund is not appropriate for people already in the UK. For example, if a couple need to apply for a dependant visa for their child, it would not be logical to show £800+£533+£533 and to maintain it for three months. Since having already lived in this country they can easily maintain themselves with few extra quids when they have a baby as well.
So I am glad BHC agrees for fund just for dependant. It would be more appropriate that just £533 shown for each dependant application.
If that were so why does UKBA asks for maintenance funds for main applicant+dependants when the time come for extension?

I hold an opinion that logically even when the main applicant has been in UK for any number of years its important to test the maintenance funds because this ensures that they have sufficient funds for not only the dependant he/she is bringing in but has sufficient funds for himself (flows from "no recourse to public funds concept"). We have been seeing this query time and again which shows that the main applicant does not have access to even £800 (or if he has, he intends to use these for the dependants) when trying to bring in additional ppl into UK - resulting in a likelihood that he would not be able to maintain himself+family if there was some short term drop in his earning capacity. - obviously entirely my opinion and you are entitled to have yours :)
regards,
push

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Just wanted to know, if it's ok to show the required maintenance funds from 2 different accounts .

I am due to apply a dependent visa for my wife from India. I am living in UK for the past 4 years. After going through the guidance note, i came to know that I need to show 800+533 into my accounts all times in the last 3 months.

But, the problem is just for a couple of days, my account went below the required. However, I have another account in HSBC which when combined fulfills the required maintenance fund criteria. As i said it was an issue for just couple of days.

In addition I've also asked my wife to submit her latest indian bank statements as well.

Please let me know your responses. Its urgent.

Thanks.

alladin

Post by alladin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:44 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Just wanted to know, if it's ok to show the required maintenance funds from 2 different accounts .

I am due to apply a dependent visa for my wife from India. I am living in UK for the past 4 years. After going through the guidance note, i came to know that I need to show 800+533 into my accounts all times in the last 3 months.

But, the problem is just for a couple of days, my account went below the required. However, I have another account in HSBC which when combined fulfills the required maintenance fund criteria. As i said it was an issue for just couple of days.

In addition I've also asked my wife to submit her latest indian bank statements as well.

Thanks.

I have successfully applied for the dependent visa with 533 GBP last month. you should be fine with that. The guidance that is mentioned by ukvisas.gov.uk highlights this.

the link is
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... #13821081

cheers,
alladin

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Thanks alladin, that's a bit of relief..where did u apply ur dependant visa from?
alladin wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:Just wanted to know, if it's ok to show the required maintenance funds from 2 different accounts .

Thanks.

I have successfully applied for the dependent visa with 533 GBP last month. you should be fine with that. The guidance that is mentioned by ukvisas.gov.uk highlights this.

the link is

cheers,
alladin

alladin

Post by alladin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:29 pm

I applied for my wife from cochin, India. It took nearly 20 days to get the approval.

cheers
destiniation_london wrote:Thanks alladin, that's a bit of relief..where did u apply ur dependant visa from?
alladin wrote:

Thanks.

the link is

cheers,
alladin

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi alladin,

I am planning to apply for my wife as my dependant and I am here in the UK for more than 12 months, if i maintain only £533 for 3 months in my account, would it be fine and what are the other docs u need to submit for a successful application. Just want to re-confirm, as I have read so many posts regarding maintenance of funds.

alladin wrote:I applied for my wife from cochin, India. It took nearly 20 days to get the approval.

cheers
destiniation_london wrote:Thanks alladin, that's a bit of relief..where did u apply ur dependant visa from?
alladin wrote:

Thanks.

the link is

cheers,
alladin