ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Condition for restriction on training as a doctor

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

drhopeful

Condition for restriction on training as a doctor

Post by drhopeful » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi,
I would greatly appreciate if somebody could clarify regarding this point.
I'm currently tier 2 visa, and one of the employer has agreed to provide a sponsorship certificate for tier 2 job for a doctor in training position for 6 months.
I will be eligible for tier 1, 3 months into that post. According to page 47 of current tier 2 guidance, Will I be able to apply for tier 1 then,without getting the stamp for restriction on training? .
thanks in advance
Bharathi

[iD]

Re: Condition for restriction on training as a doctor

Post by [iD] » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:20 am

drhopeful wrote:Hi,
I would greatly appreciate if somebody could clarify regarding this point.
I'm currently tier 2 visa, and one of the employer has agreed to provide a sponsorship certificate for tier 2 job for a doctor in training position for 6 months.
I will be eligible for tier 1, 3 months into that post. According to page 47 of current tier 2 guidance, Will I be able to apply for tier 1 then,without getting the stamp for restriction on training? .
thanks in advance
Bharathi
I'm pretty sure you can't work as a doctor in training on tier 1. Let's hope someone can prove me wrong here.
Goodluck.

drhopeful

Post by drhopeful » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:36 pm

I was under the same impression., until I read the tier 1 guidance, which says on page 47, 'if you are already in training post/rotation, the condition on restriction for training doctor will not be applicable'.
I am looking for someone, who was able to get tier 1 based on that paragraph or someone who could suggest a legal help.
Thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:02 pm

After reading the policy guidance page 47, even I think you can get exempted from the condition prohibiting to work as doctor in training provided your last visa did not have this prohibition.

'Where an applicant was last granted leave which was not subject to a condition restricting their employment and they were employed during this period on an NHS foundation programme or:
Where they have obtained a degree in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or which holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the Points Based System
they can apply to be exempted from the condition prohibiting this type of employment.'