ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 am

Did anyone cancel their private medical insurance after receiving the certificate and sending it off to the HO? Are the HO able to check whether the health insurance is still valid/running?

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Certificate of application printed 17th June..

29th June today still waiting..

According to the HO call centre, 2nd class post takes 7 - 10 days.. Funny, because Royal Mail thinks it takes 2-4 days..! If it doesn't come by Monday I'm going to have to fax them to request another one.. It's such a never ending headache :(((

ChIrl

Re: EEA2 for my wife

Post by ChIrl » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks. But, keeping in view that application process takes around 6 months+, I don't want to waste 2 months. Just checked my wife's travel dates, my wife will be travelling in 3-4 weeks time not two weeks. Can I request my passport within 2 weeks?

Can I go to Liverpool office and collect passports personally, if there is a delay in the post etc?

Also, do I need private medical insurance for wife?

Regards

wet26 wrote:
ChIrl wrote:Folks,

I am an EU citizen and my wife is non-EU. We both lived in Ireland for more than 5 years and have one child born in Ieland. I moved to UK two weeks back to take up a permanent job. My wife has 6 months family permit issued in Dublin with a condition "to accompany xxxx", which is expiring in around November this year.

My wife is going on holidays for 5 weeks in mid of July and I am travelling to USA end of July. I am planning to submit EEA2 application for my wife within a day or two.

Just wondering can I request our passports be sent back immediately, after submitting application, quoting our planned travel or should I wait to submit our EEA2 application until we return from holidays i.e end of august.

Appreciate your views.

Regards
I personally wouldn't risk submitting the EEA2 application 2 weeks before your wife needs to travel. I would wait until the end of August, especially since her FP is valid until November.

wet26

Post by wet26 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:38 pm

@ ChIrl -

Personally, I think it makes more sense to delay making the application until your wife returns from holiday, than potentially not going on holiday at all if the HO doesn't return her passport in time. By all means apply now if you are willing to take the risk, but no one on this forum (nor anyone at the HO i suspect) can provide you with a definitive answer.

You will not be able to collect anything from Liverpool.

The EEA2 application form provides guidance as to whether or not medical insurance is required.

jon397
Newly Registered

Post by jon397 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello all - Following this thread over the months really gave me hope regarding my EEA2 application - so I thought I'd share my story. I just received my 5 year RC from the EEA2 application

I'm a non EEA citizen
19 Oct 2009 Married my wife (EEA citizen)
07 Jan 2010 Posted completed EEA2 application with all required documents (I was previously on a student visa which was expiring 31 Jan 2010)
22 Jan 2010 Received COA dated 17 Jan
01 June 2010 sent letter asking to confirm if RC was going to be processed on time (didn't get a response)
28 June 2010 Received RC in passport along with all other sent original documents

Total wait time: 5 months, 21 days

(during this process my wife changed her job, but that did not appear to affect the application)
I didn't request my passport back during the wait time - just let it sit there

kafi

Post by kafi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 pm

jon397 wrote:Hello all - Following this thread over the months really gave me hope regarding my EEA2 application - so I thought I'd share my story. I just received my 5 year RC from the EEA2 application

I'm a non EEA citizen
19 Oct 2009 Married my wife (EEA citizen)
07 Jan 2010 Posted completed EEA2 application with all required documents (I was previously on a student visa which was expiring 31 Jan 2010)
22 Jan 2010 Received COA dated 17 Jan
01 June 2010 sent letter asking to confirm if RC was going to be processed on time (didn't get a response)
28 June 2010 Received RC in passport along with all other sent original documents

Total wait time: 5 months, 21 days

(during this process my wife changed her job, but that did not appear to affect the application)
I didn't request my passport back during the wait time - just let it sit there

congratulation jon397.. i also waiting for 5 months 8 days now,, still no news..

Belluci

COA Recieved

Post by Belluci » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Hey --->maviesk

My COA was dated 18th June and I recieved it on Wednesday23rd June, so you should call them to ensure it was sent to the correct address.

Good luck.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Congrats jon397.

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:39 pm

wet26 wrote:
babie_meg wrote:
wet26 wrote:I came to the UK in July 2009 by ferry from Spain. I also am a non visa national. I was held at the border for 4 hours whilst being questioned, but I had not previously been issued with an FP, whereas you have been.

I'm sure you will get back in as you know your rights and can prove that you are a family member.

In addition to the documents you are already going to take, make sure you take evidence that you are living together in the UK too.
4 hours??? that's absurd !!! I have not previously been issued with an FP either. I had been in the Uk on a student visa until I got married 4 months ago and then I applied for the RC - because I was already in the UK and the FP application can only be made outside of the UK - and then I got the Certificate of Application in May. Did you leave the UK whilst you were waiting for your RC?

This afternoon I made an equiry on the progess of my RC application and the woman told me it's been allocated to a caseworker and that I should return my passport to the Home OFfice soon in order for them to make a decision. I told her I need to travel next week and asked her if I will be allowed back into the country without a FP and she said she didn't see why not, but then it's at the discretion of the immigratiion officers and she also admitted to me that some can be very difficult. arrrggghhh.. i just don't want to have to go through the ordeal that you had been through when u first came to the UK....
Yeah, 4 hours was a bit of a joke, especially considering we had been on a boat for 48 hours and had an 8 hour drive in front of us with a dog. The IOs I got didn't have a clue about EEA regulations either and basically treated me like a criminal. Even now that I've got an RC I'm not treated much better.

I didn't travel until I got my RC as I didn't want the hassle. I never got an FP, just an entry stamp.
Hi, so now that you have your RC, you still have troubles when coming back to the UK? The reason I am concerned is because I was once detained for about 5 hours when I came to the UK as a visitor (but at the same time I had a student visa application pending in my home country), I came here for a short trip while I was waiting on my student visa and the IO was not convinced that I was seeking entry as a visitor. he thought since I already enrolled in a college here I would just come in and study without the student visa so after questioning me for 3 hours and made me wait for another 2 hours or so he refused my entry and sent me straight back to my home country. a week later I got my student visa and so I returned here with my visa and was let in no problem.. but since then I have been having problems everytime I re-enter UK. Sometimes they just ask a couple of questions why I was refused before and sometimes they detain me for 30 mins or so.

The last time I left the UK was a year ago and I almost couldn't get back in because of this issue. Now that I am married to a EEA national and applying for the RC, I don't know if they will do the same to me again when I come back... I know they must have a note in their system to say that I was stopped before so need to be stopped everytime or something but wonder if they will remove this once I get my RC... what do you think?

cnman
Newly Registered

Re: Just applied for EEA2

Post by cnman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:42 pm

cnman wrote:Hi there, I am new to this forum and I am a degree student who just got married end of May. My husband is from an EU country. I send my application on the 10/6/10 so I will be expeciting my Certificate of Application latest by 28/6 right?

My husband is also a degree student. My student Visa is valid till 2012. I guess my case is quite straightforward right? my husband fill in the Section 6 - Your EEA or Swiss National is a student. We sent our marriage certificate, his university bursary, scholarship and Loans, letters from his Uni that he is a student. I did not include my UK ID Card/visa Card. I thot it's all in the systems so they will immediately know that I am on student visa here. Oh well, they can ask me if they want my uk biometric Visa Card.

I appreciate all the information from this forum at the same time was abit worried now coz it seems to be complicated. I am not in a hurry to get a EEA2 as I am studying now and my student visa allowed me to work 20hrs/wk during term time and any hours during holidays. Just that ive to go back to Malaysia in December for my sister's wedding. Hopefully i'll get all my documents back then.

I will keep coming back here to check if there is any new rules or update. Thanks for all the information.

Good luck everyone on your application :)
Hi there,

Ive just received all my documents back from the UKBA today. The letter is addressed to my husband, they said as he is a student we must provide comprehensive medical insurance. My husband said we don't need to buy some health insurance coz we both have our NHS medical card and it's stated in the inland revenue that Medical insurance including those that are eligible to NHS services. Hmm..I am not sure about this, everyone here seems to buy a medical insurance just for that but we both have our NHS Medical card that allow us to see a GP anytime we want for free. Anyone could help me with this? do you think we should get a medical insurance? What about we just submit both of our NHS medical card and both of our bank statements that proof that we are financially self-sufficient. Thanks. :D

Ohh..we also check the guidance notes..under the Residence card they didn't state anything about medical insurance for student..that is only under self-sufficient. This is ridiculous it's like a trick they use to delay the application coz it's not stated clearly. It is for those that apply for residence certificate who are student that need medical insurance. Maybe they just presume we all need medical insurance. We are gonna write a cover letter to state our point when we submit again.

Really hope to hear everyone's opinion. Thanks again :)

patmit
Newly Registered

Post by patmit » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Hello all. i've also been following this thread for a while.
I applied for EEA2 on Feb 12th and received COA sort of fast (issued in 2 weeks). But then there is no news at all until now.

I tried to sent them a letter in April but the reply was very simple and just said they received my application.

Now it's approaching the 5th month but seems that they are still processing the applicants in Jan. I tried to call them to chase it up by the 0151 number, but it's automatic and always saying have a huge volume of call.

Shall I be a bit more patient or shall I start to email/ write to them to chase up?

BTW, congrats to Kafi.!

tangent90
Newly Registered

Re: Just applied for EEA2

Post by tangent90 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:43 pm

cnman wrote:
cnman wrote:Hi there, I am new to this forum and I am a degree student who just got married end of May. My husband is from an EU country. I send my application on the 10/6/10 so I will be expeciting my Certificate of Application latest by 28/6 right?

My husband is also a degree student. My student Visa is valid till 2012. I guess my case is quite straightforward right? my husband fill in the Section 6 - Your EEA or Swiss National is a student. We sent our marriage certificate, his university bursary, scholarship and Loans, letters from his Uni that he is a student. I did not include my UK ID Card/visa Card. I thot it's all in the systems so they will immediately know that I am on student visa here. Oh well, they can ask me if they want my uk biometric Visa Card.

I appreciate all the information from this forum at the same time was abit worried now coz it seems to be complicated. I am not in a hurry to get a EEA2 as I am studying now and my student visa allowed me to work 20hrs/wk during term time and any hours during holidays. Just that ive to go back to Malaysia in December for my sister's wedding. Hopefully i'll get all my documents back then.

I will keep coming back here to check if there is any new rules or update. Thanks for all the information.

Good luck everyone on your application :)
Hi there,

Ive just received all my documents back from the UKBA today. The letter is addressed to my husband, they said as he is a student we must provide comprehensive medical insurance. My husband said we don't need to buy some health insurance coz we both have our NHS medical card and it's stated in the inland revenue that Medical insurance including those that are eligible to NHS services. Hmm..I am not sure about this, everyone here seems to buy a medical insurance just for that but we both have our NHS Medical card that allow us to see a GP anytime we want for free. Anyone could help me with this? do you think we should get a medical insurance? What about we just submit both of our NHS medical card and both of our bank statements that proof that we are financially self-sufficient. Thanks. :D

Ohh..we also check the guidance notes..under the Residence card they didn't state anything about medical insurance for student..that is only under self-sufficient. This is ridiculous it's like a trick they use to delay the application coz it's not stated clearly. It is for those that apply for residence certificate who are student that need medical insurance. Maybe they just presume we all need medical insurance. We are gonna write a cover letter to state our point when we submit again.

Really hope to hear everyone's opinion. Thanks again :)
you most likely need private medical insurance, mine was refused due to that problem.

tangent90
Newly Registered

Re: Help: received CoA, but need passport to travel

Post by tangent90 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:51 pm

tangent90 wrote:
kAB wrote:
tangent90 wrote:hi, just to share my application timeline before my question:

sep 2009 - EEA2 application sent off
March 2010 - EEA2 rejected due to lack of evidence of medical insurance (many would have been tricked by the same thing, due to the inconsistency of the application form.

april - get my & my wife's insurance via WPA - XHealth policy
5th May - applied EEA2 again
12th June 2010 - received CoA. ( about 5 -6 weeks after)

i'll be traveling on the 11th of July, and, need my passport back. ( my currect visa is still valid to leave and return to the UK )

When should I request my passport back?? I know 10 days before is recommended.. anyone has any views on this? maybe i should request the passport back earlier?

Anyone has recent success, and know the rough waiting time after receiving CoA ?

thanks ! i'm very grateful that people are helping each other out here :)
Hi Tangent,

Did they not even send you a letter to request the health insurance? They just rejected you after 6 months? Damn! This is getting ridiculous!
Hi, yes, they did actually. I thought my wife (EU member)'s private insurance from her own country, plus NHS, is enough. Obviously, i didn't know the significance of getting a private insurance. Now i do! So i re-apply, hoping that it'll be more straight forward this time. Altho I'm a little worried that, since my wife's course will finish in September.. and if my EEA2 is still not 'decided'... they might turn around and say, she's no longer a student !.. what do you think? I applied the second time in the early May.

Regards
Unfortunately, the UKBA is requesting 'more evidence' altho i have included private medical insurance policy etc. This time they asked why I'm registered at the GP, and why I used NHS for my asthma treatment/ emergency NHS service once before (highlighted on the insurance policy of course - insurance companies are smart enough not to insure what diseases you have had). I am a student, hence entitled to free NHS service...

* those who follow, I requested my passport back- the email was indeed lost! *thanks for the tip !!! I called, and requested again, and got the MP involved due to the urgency. I got my passport back luckily in time to travel. However they want the passport back within 21 days, which I can't fulfil as it'll be more than 21 days when i get back. I'm bringing the case to the local MP. Two things to discuss: why do I have to explain the reason for using NHS service, and how to extend the 'period' of 21 days by which I have to send back my passport, together with other 'supporting documents to explain why I accessed NHS etc..' How frustrating. Any views on this?? please advise if you can. Thanks!!

ps: congrats for those who get the RC !

Regards

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:07 pm

tangent90 wrote:
tangent90 wrote:
kAB wrote:
tangent90 wrote:hi, just to share my application timeline before my question:

sep 2009 - EEA2 application sent off
March 2010 - EEA2 rejected due to lack of evidence of medical insurance (many would have been tricked by the same thing, due to the inconsistency of the application form.

april - get my & my wife's insurance via WPA - XHealth policy
5th May - applied EEA2 again
12th June 2010 - received CoA. ( about 5 -6 weeks after)

i'll be traveling on the 11th of July, and, need my passport back. ( my currect visa is still valid to leave and return to the UK )

When should I request my passport back?? I know 10 days before is recommended.. anyone has any views on this? maybe i should request the passport back earlier?

Anyone has recent success, and know the rough waiting time after receiving CoA ?

thanks ! i'm very grateful that people are helping each other out here :)
Hi Tangent,

Did they not even send you a letter to request the health insurance? They just rejected you after 6 months? Damn! This is getting ridiculous!
Hi, yes, they did actually. I thought my wife (EU member)'s private insurance from her own country, plus NHS, is enough. Obviously, i didn't know the significance of getting a private insurance. Now i do! So i re-apply, hoping that it'll be more straight forward this time. Altho I'm a little worried that, since my wife's course will finish in September.. and if my EEA2 is still not 'decided'... they might turn around and say, she's no longer a student !.. what do you think? I applied the second time in the early May.

Regards
Unfortunately, the UKBA is requesting 'more evidence' altho i have included private medical insurance policy etc. This time they asked why I'm registered at the GP, and why I used NHS for my asthma treatment/ emergency NHS service once before (highlighted on the insurance policy of course - insurance companies are smart enough not to insure what diseases you have had). I am a student, hence entitled to free NHS service...

* those who follow, I requested my passport back- the email was indeed lost! *thanks for the tip !!! I called, and requested again, and got the MP involved due to the urgency. I got my passport back luckily in time to travel. However they want the passport back within 21 days, which I can't fulfil as it'll be more than 21 days when i get back. I'm bringing the case to the local MP. Two things to discuss: why do I have to explain the reason for using NHS service, and how to extend the 'period' of 21 days by which I have to send back my passport, together with other 'supporting documents to explain why I accessed NHS etc..' How frustrating. Any views on this?? please advise if you can. Thanks!!

Regards
I also received a letter telling me that I had until mid July to return my passport. I called the HO and they told me I could return it beginning of August when i get back from my trip.

So, there shouldn't be a problem to extend the 21dsay period. You should call and tell them when your passport will be available. And to make sure that they know about it, write to the person who wrote you the letter asking more info and your passport.

About the medical insurance, I don't know anything. I didn't send any medical documents with my application. I guess it's because my husband and I are both working.
One more thing, you can ask questions about the insurance things in the letter to the caseworker. You never know. If this person is helpful enough, s/he may get back to you. Like my case, my caseworker actually called me. Hope that helps.

PEECAY
Newly Registered

Post by PEECAY » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:36 pm

hello guys, i am new on this forum and i really enjoy it alot. I got a question and i believe someone will give me an answer to it. This is my history: I applied for eea1 and 2 on May 24th and was received at HO on the 25th.
I applied as a self employed but my partner is not working due to his 6 months FP visa expired.I sent some documents along with my application (NI contributions, Self assesment tax, passports for myself,partner and my little boy of 2 yrs old etc) But since then i did not receive any COA and its now 5 weeks.Did u think i should give them a call or i should wait a bit.
Regards.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:22 am

PEECAY wrote:hello guys, i am new on this forum and i really enjoy it alot. I got a question and i believe someone will give me an answer to it. This is my history: I applied for eea1 and 2 on May 24th and was received at HO on the 25th.
I applied as a self employed but my partner is not working due to his 6 months FP visa expired.I sent some documents along with my application (NI contributions, Self assesment tax, passports for myself,partner and my little boy of 2 yrs old etc) But since then i did not receive any COA and its now 5 weeks.Did u think i should give them a call or i should wait a bit.
Regards.
Yes, you can call them and tell them that you haven't received your COA.

tangent90
Newly Registered

Post by tangent90 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:47 am

sanu84 wrote:
tangent90 wrote:
tangent90 wrote:
kAB wrote:
Hi Tangent,

Regards

Regards
I also received a letter telling me that I had until mid July to return my passport. I called the HO and they told me I could return it beginning of August when i get back from my trip.

So, there shouldn't be a problem to extend the 21dsay period. You should call and tell them when your passport will be available. And to make sure that they know about it, write to the person who wrote you the letter asking more info and your passport.

About the medical insurance, I don't know anything. I didn't send any medical documents with my application. I guess it's because my husband and I are both working.
One more thing, you can ask questions about the insurance things in the letter to the caseworker. You never know. If this person is helpful enough, s/he may get back to you. Like my case, my caseworker actually called me. Hope that helps.
Thanks very much for your advice. I appreciate it. Just a few more question. What address should I use to write to the caseworker? I have her name, and the slip with the case reference no. So you think I shold just reply to Liverpool office with the a copy of the slip stating the team & case reference ? How long does it take for them to respond to such request you think? i asked because i'll be traveling in 10 days time.. Thank you again.

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:02 am

tangent90 wrote: Thanks very much for your advice. I appreciate it. Just a few more question. What address should I use to write to the caseworker? I have her name, and the slip with the case reference no. So you think I shold just reply to Liverpool office with the a copy of the slip stating the team & case reference ? How long does it take for them to respond to such request you think? i asked because i'll be traveling in 10 days time.. Thank you again.
I think you should call them now. It's always faster to call.
Tell them to extend the 21 days and also if possible ask for having the caseworker contact you since you don't understand the problem with using NHS.
If no one calls you, you may want to call back.

I think you should also write a letter to make sure that the caseworker knows about your concerns. The label they gave you (with the department number, team, and case reference) is the right one. With this your letter will be received directly by your caseworker. Make sure that you make a copy of this label since you will need it to return your passport once you get back from your trip.

I don't know how long it takes for them to respond to your request.
For my case, I got the call from the case worker in the same day I called them.

wet26

Post by wet26 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:46 pm

PEECAY wrote:hello guys, i am new on this forum and i really enjoy it alot. I got a question and i believe someone will give me an answer to it. This is my history: I applied for eea1 and 2 on May 24th and was received at HO on the 25th.
Regards.
Definitely call!

jessop0108
Newly Registered

Post by jessop0108 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:15 pm

I just managed to get through the call. A bit about my application for EEA2

Posted 3/06/2010
Reached Liverpool 4/06/2010
Never call or checked until 1/07/2010 - the officer told me they have received it on 04/06/2010 but until not the COA is not yet issued. He told me probably another 2 week I will received it ( I mean how did he know?)

Just waiting patiently.

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:14 pm

sanu84 wrote:
wet26 wrote:My thoughts are that you should send you passport back so they can stick the RC in. That is the most important thing, would you not agree?

The sooner you send the passport back, the sooner they can finalise your application and send your passport back to you. If they had your passport they wouldn't have needed to request it back from you and you would most likely have your RC and passport by now.

If you send the passport to them special delivery and write a letter stating that you need your passport back by X date for a trip and provide evidence to support it I would think that you would have your passport back in time.
Thank you for your advice.
Actually, the caseworker called me this afternoon, he assured that I will receive my documents before my trip if he receives my passport within next week. So, I sent it out today by SD.
I also received a letter from UKBA today (dated 28 June) asking me to return ONLY my passport back to them within 21 days (not sure why they didn't ask for my husband's because he's my sponsor...!?) and on monday 28 Jun I also received a call from someone from UKBA (don't think she's the caseworker though) telling me that the only thing missing on my file is my passport so they can't progress on my application and suggested that I return it asap. I told her I need to travel on 7 Jul and at first she said if I want to take a chance and send it on TUes 29 Jun by SD and it'd get there on Wed 30 Jun, and she would put in an urgent request so that they would return it back to me before 7 Jul for me to travel but she couldn't guarantee this would happen. So I said I would return it after I come back from my trip on 12 July.

Does this mean they're close to issuing me the RC? Usualy when UKBA asks for your passport back how long does it take them to issue the RC after that? DOes anyone know? My timeline is:

application submitted on 27 April
home office received on 28 April
COA received on 18 May (dated 14 May)
requested my passport back on 17 May
received letter from HO asking for passport back 28 Jun

Also when you returned your passport to HO, did you juts send it to the same PO Box address that you sent your application to? In the letter it says an address label was enclosed but nothing was enclosed... and there's a different address on the letter..?

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi guys,

I just received my RC today. Woohoo!!!

March 31 - Applications sent
April 1 - Applications received by the HO
May 8 - COA received (letter dated 28 April)
May 17 - Requested passports back for a trip on 21 July
June 9 - Passports received
June 24 - Received letter from HO asking only my passport to be returned (latter dated 21 June). I had 21 days to do that.
June 25 - Called the HO and asked to return passport in August.
In the same day got a call from the caseworker and he assured that I will get my passport and RC back before my trip
June 28 - Got a call from the caseworker again saying he had received my passport and it would be sent out in 1 or 2 days.
July 1 - Received all documents previously submitted and RC (issued on 28 June for 5 years) by SD

Total waiting time: 3 months.

In that period, I didn't send any complaint.

Good luck to all of you who haven't received the RC yet!

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:07 pm

babie_meg wrote:
I also received a letter from UKBA today (dated 28 June) asking me to return ONLY my passport back to them within 21 days (not sure why they didn't ask for my husband's because he's my sponsor...!?) and on monday 28 Jun I also received a call from someone from UKBA (don't think she's the caseworker though) telling me that the only thing missing on my file is my passport so they can't progress on my application and suggested that I return it asap. I told her I need to travel on 7 Jul and at first she said if I want to take a chance and send it on TUes 29 Jun by SD and it'd get there on Wed 30 Jun, and she would put in an urgent request so that they would return it back to me before 7 Jul for me to travel but she couldn't guarantee this would happen. So I said I would return it after I come back from my trip on 12 July.

Does this mean they're close to issuing me the RC? Usualy when UKBA asks for your passport back how long does it take them to issue the RC after that? DOes anyone know? My timeline is:

application submitted on 27 April
home office received on 28 April
COA received on 18 May (dated 14 May)
requested my passport back on 17 May
received letter from HO asking for passport back 28 Jun

Also when you returned your passport to HO, did you juts send it to the same PO Box address that you sent your application to? In the letter it says an address label was enclosed but nothing was enclosed... and there's a different address on the letter..?
Yes i think it means that your RC is ready.
The address to return your passport is the same as the one you sent your application. However, there are more information on it like department number, the code for the team and also the case reference number.

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:16 pm

sanu84 wrote:
babie_meg wrote:
Yes i think it means that your RC is ready.
The address to return your passport is the same as the one you sent your application. However, there are more information on it like department number, the code for the team and also the case reference number.
yes I noticed the team and department code so am going to address it to them so that they don't treat this as a brand new application and the package would be sitting in their post room for ages.

did you return ONLY your passport and not your husband's?

Thanks

wet26

Post by wet26 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm

babie_meg - they want your passport to put your RC in it. They do not need your husband's passport because they don't put anything in it. They just need it when you lodge the application as proof that he is an EEA national and that your application is not false or fraudulent I suspect.

Seems like the HO is really pushing through the applications now to improve their turnaround figures.