ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Confirmation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adnanmanzoor

Documents Confirmation

Post by adnanmanzoor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 pm

I was just wondering how HO makes document confirmation and other checks? Out of how many cases, they call for confirmation? What is the criteria for confirmation call? Please share your opinions..
Adnan

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Documents Confirmation

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:27 pm

adnanmanzoor wrote:I was just wondering how HO makes document confirmation and other checks? Out of how many cases, they call for confirmation? What is the criteria for confirmation call? Please share your opinions..
They may call, email, write or even visit the company etc to verify the authenticity of the documents.

33. We will use a standard form to record the results of our enquiries, to ensure that we record any feedback consistently.
34. If we cannot obtain an immediate answer to enquiries, we will normally wait for up to a maximum of four weeks for the necessary information.
35. If we make checks on an applicant who is self-employed we will try to establish the business presence, for example by checking business and/or tax registration.
36. Our compliance team may visit the applicant’s employer or educational institution (if the applicant is a student) before we make a decision on the application.

Verification checks for out of UK application are usually done by a third party like Integra Screen etc.

Read pages 6,7 and 8 in the policy guidance for more info on verification checks.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:39 pm

this is the policy.. what is actually being done?
Adnan

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:44 pm

adnanmanzoor wrote:this is the policy.. what is actually being done?
How can anybody say what way they will verify? They do it in anyway. There are people whose documents, employee details etc were verified by phone email and even a visit.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:08 pm

As aruni mentioned nobody can predict what checks will be carried out for an application. It horses for courses.
Besides, if your documents are genuine, you don't have to worry about whether they phone, email or visit your employer to verify the authenticity of the document.
adnanmanzoor wrote:this is the policy.. what is actually being done?

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:14 pm

Off Course they are genuine.. I was just curious about how they match and cross check the documents. I feel that it may not be possible to cross check one source completely from another source. there is always a room which they can exploit and present as an excuse. What if they say they could'nt reach the source despite the fact that they might never have contacted your employer or banker.. I was juss worried about some small nitty gritty details
Adnan

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:19 pm

If they want to reject your application in some or other way, they can always come up with some or other thing. But as per the policy guidelines you need payslips /employer letter + bank statements [ofcourse you can use varierty of evidences like dividend vouchers etc] to prove your earnings. I wouldn't worry much about how they will verify it as it's their job to do it properly. I understand it you who will suffer if they do not do their job properly but all you can do is to submit all relevant documents to avoid any incidents. Besides, if they still overlook some evidence and/or do not call your employers to verify and reject your application, there is always an option for appeal against decision.
adnanmanzoor wrote:Off Course they are genuine.. I was just curious about how they match and cross check the documents. I feel that it may not be possible to cross check one source completely from another source. there is always a room which they can exploit and present as an excuse. What if they say they could'nt reach the source despite the fact that they might never have contacted your employer or banker.. I was juss worried about some small nitty gritty details

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Thats great.. Actually few years back they rejected the HSMP of my friend owing to the fact that he could no send driving license to prove his age though he has sent English Translation of his National Identity Card duly notarized and authorized. His educational documents also proved his age. What I come to realize that getting TIER 1 is more of how you present your information. Better you are presenting it, more are the chances that you will be successful..
Adnan

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:45 pm

adnanmanzoor wrote:Thats great.. Actually few years back they rejected the HSMP of my friend owing to the fact that he could no send driving license to prove his age though he has sent English Translation of his National Identity Card duly notarized and authorized. His educational documents also proved his age. What I come to realize that getting TIER 1 is more of how you present your information. Better you are presenting it, more are the chances that you will be successful..
The policy at that time demanded either a birth certificate or driving license to prove your age. Even copy of a passport duly notarised was only considered as exceptional evidence. :)

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:01 pm

True. Even when I applied for my initial HSMP, I had to provide Birth Certificate(translated into English).
aruni4470 wrote: The policy at that time demanded either a birth certificate or driving license to prove your age. Even copy of a passport duly notarised was only considered as exceptional evidence. :)

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 pm

chetanojha wrote:True. Even when I applied for my initial HSMP, I had to provide Birth Certificate(translated into English).
aruni4470 wrote: The policy at that time demanded either a birth certificate or driving license to prove your age. Even copy of a passport duly notarised was only considered as exceptional evidence. :)
I second that!
Goodluck.