ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FFF
Newly Registered

Post by FFF » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 am

Hi. Got it !!! :15 and half weeks nightmare!! it was 4yearsWP+1year T2. very useful information- for premium service you dont need book appointment for dependents(it is very difficult to book) you can do it only for main applicant (a lot easy to get booking) but go with dependents, becouse application form only one. I am not sure , but I know people who did like this and they got it in one day.
Last edited by FFF on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

nmkpidelta
Newly Registered

Post by nmkpidelta » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm

FFF wrote:Hi. Got it !!! :15 and half weeks nightmare!! it was 4yearsWP+1year T2. very useful information- for premium service you dont need book appointment for dependents(it is very difficult to book) you can do it only for main applicant (a lot easy to get booking) but go with dependents, becouse application form only one. I am not sure , but I know people who did like this and they got it in one day.

Hi FFF - Congrats and thanks for the update, what was your Acknowledgement letter date?

Hia_123

At last.....the long awaited good news

Post by Hia_123 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:24 pm

At last got the ILR today. After 16 weeks of agonising wait.

ILR dated 18th June2010.

Thanks to everyone for the support & guidance.

Hia_123

Post by Hia_123 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 pm

FFF wrote:Hi. Got it !!! :D :D :D Finish horror !!! 15 and half weeks nightmare!! :D :D :D it was 4yearsWP+1year T2. very usefull information- for premium service you dont need book appointment for dependents(it is very difficult to book) you can do it only for main applicant (a lot easy to get booking) but go with dependents, becouse application form only one. I am not sure , but I know people who did like this and they got it in one day. :)
FFF - Congrats!!

nmkpidelta - I'm sure your's is also on the way.

yaksh0710
Newly Registered

Post by yaksh0710 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi Guys,

Has anyone applied on SET (BUS) form in this forum which is for retired people with independent means and also for sole representatives. If they have can you provide me with any timelines on this kind of cases. I applied on 10-May-2010. Money take on 10-May-2010 and acknowledge letter dated 10-May-2010 received on 17-May-2010. Since then I've heard nothing on my case.

yaksh0710
Newly Registered

Post by yaksh0710 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Guys,

By the way how did anybody work out the 14 week rule. On my letter all it mentions is not make any non-urgent travel plans until the case has been decided and passports returned. It does not mention anywhere any time scales on the acknowledgement letter.

terlen
Newly Registered

3 weeks since appliacation postet for ILR SET (0) 10 years

Post by terlen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi All, wish you all to get you application considered soonest with positive result.
My situation is following.
Entered UK 06 June 2000 - Student Visa
2007 Received Unmarried Partners Visa (Work Permit dependent) Student Visa was valid until 2008.
28 May 2010 Posted MY SET (O) under 10 years for ILR.
Cheque cashed on the 7th June 2010
Still no letter from UKBA received confirming my application received.
Please help.

birkinm
Newly Registered

Post by birkinm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:34 pm

Robinandirina wrote:birkinm wrote:
I would call the number on the acnowlegment letter and ask for the address for the payment section, and write to them, because as we learnt, they cant even begin proccessing it until the fee has been taken out.
If we have heard nothing by 14 weeks (in less than 2 weeks time) I will contact them. Acknowledgment letter said very clearly NOT to contact until 14 weeks has passed.
yeah stuff that, they cant tell you anything about your application even after the 14 weeks best to be a pest!

salimsabu
Newly Registered

Post by salimsabu » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Finally got ILR after 15 weeks of waiting.

Good luck to everyone who shared their experience here. The forum has been very useful.

Best wishes

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:40 pm

salimsabu wrote:Finally got ILR after 15 weeks of waiting.

Good luck to everyone who shared their experience here. The forum has been very useful.

Best wishes
Congratulations salimsabu!! Did you only call the UKBA on monday and were told that your application was still under process?

s.chai
Newly Registered

Post by s.chai » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:44 pm

My ack letter doesn't even mention anything about contacting them after 14 weeks of waiting!

''We would appreciate it if you did not enquire about the progress of the application before you hear from us. It is not possible to make enquiries in person about the progress of an application at any of our Public Enquiry Office.''

Considering we are in our 20s, we just wanna go out clubbing :x

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:07 am

s.chai wrote:My ack letter doesn't even mention anything about contacting them after 14 weeks of waiting!

''We would appreciate it if you did not enquire about the progress of the application before you hear from us. It is not possible to make enquiries in person about the progress of an application at any of our Public Enquiry Office.''

Considering we are in our 20s, we just wanna go out clubbing :x
It does on the website. Probably haven't updated the site to reflect the letter contents. :roll:

sairishlass
Newly Registered

Post by sairishlass » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:20 am

Hi All

Thought I'd post our times as well as I'm constantly on here checking to see who's received their's and how long it's taken.

Sent 18/03/10
Monies taken out of account within 2 days
Acknowledgement letter received about a week after that
Application sent back due to photos being incorrect (second batch looked exactly the same :?) and difference in new increased fee now required (£20)
Sent again 10/04/10
Acknowledgement letter received 24/04/10

Waiting patiently now for OH's passport to come back with the ILR stamp (and to get mine back finally). Gotta say though my patience is starting to wear thin...

pfoster
Newly Registered

Post by pfoster » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:14 am

Hi All, since this forum has been of great help to me, I see it wise for me to share my experience

Work permit 4yr/Tier2 + Dependant (my extension of work permit to Tier2 had initially been refused then approved after review)
ILR application sent on 22/3/10 and received next day and payment taken immediately. Acknowledgment letter dated 23/3/10 received a week later.
Passport with ILR stamp dated 23/6 received today! 14 weeks timeline.

Don't give up waiting.....all the best and thanks all for sharing your experiences.

bilalsco
Newly Registered

Re: 3 weeks since appliacation postet for ILR SET (0) 10 yea

Post by bilalsco » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:38 am

terlen wrote:Hi All, wish you all to get you application considered soonest with positive result.
2007 Received Unmarried Partners Visa (Work Permit dependent) Student Visa was valid until 2008.
Please help.
Hello

I am in almost the same situation you're in. My SET(O) 10 years application was confirmed received on the 15th June 2010. The postal orders were cashed on the 17th June 2010.

I still haven't received my acknowledgement letter. Maybe we will get them within a few weeks

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Yes mate, hopefuly, from what I have heard, the are some cases when people don't receieve these letters at all or if they do it might come any time 8 weeks, 15 weeks etc.
bilalsco wrote:
terlen wrote:Hi All, wish you all to get you application considered soonest with positive result.
Please help.
Hello

I am in almost the same situation you're in. My SET(O) 10 years application was confirmed received on the 15th June 2010. The postal orders were cashed on the 17th June 2010.

I still haven't received my acknowledgement letter. Maybe we will get them within a few weeks

s.chai
Newly Registered

Post by s.chai » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Was on a spouse visa
Applied: Wednesday 09.06.2010
Got delivered on: 10.06.2010 by special delivery next day

ILR Stamped on 28th June
2 and a half weeks!!!! Record breaker??

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING GUYS
YOU HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL :D
xx

durian

Post by durian » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Good luck everyone. I got my passport with ILR stamped today - 10 year long residence. Timeline below.

bilalsco
Newly Registered

Post by bilalsco » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:10 am

durian wrote:Good luck everyone. I got my passport with ILR stamped today - 10 year long residence. Timeline below.
Congratulations.

Please can you tell me when you recieved your acknowledgement letter? I submitted my application on 15th June and I still havent recevied the acknowledgement letter yet.

Please let me know.

Thanks and congrats again

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Well it's gone past 14 weeks and, surprise surprise, when I rang up the UKBA (Immigration Enquiries) I was told the processing time could take anything upto 9 months.. Which is odd as there are a number of people on this forum who posted their ILR SET(m) apps after me and have already recieved a decision.

Anyway,, does anyone know of an address I can write to to ask for the application to be brought to the attention of a caseworker? Has anyone written such a letter and actually had their application dealt with? I realise that nothing may happen in sending the letter, but it's worth a try.

Sammie
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Sammie,
You application might be under consideration for 6 month. If after 6 month you have not received no correspondance from UKBA you can contact your local MP by writing a letter to him/her providing all the info and asking to contact UKBA on your behalf.

The only reply from UKBA you will get is that your application under consideration and no time limits to consider...
Sammie wrote:Well it's gone past 14 weeks and, surprise surprise, when I rang up the UKBA (Immigration Enquiries) I was told the processing time could take anything upto 9 months.. Which is odd as there are a number of people on this forum who posted their ILR SET(m) apps after me and have already recieved a decision.

Anyway,, does anyone know of an address I can write to to ask for the application to be brought to the attention of a caseworker? Has anyone written such a letter and actually had their application dealt with? I realise that nothing may happen in sending the letter, but it's worth a try.

Sammie

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm

terlen wrote:Hi Sammie,
You application might be under consideration for 6 month. If after 6 month you have not received no correspondance from UKBA you can contact your local MP by writing a letter to him/her providing all the info and asking to contact UKBA on your behalf.
That's plan B.. I have already waited 3 months and if I wait another 3 months and then send a letter, it will be another 3 months before I get a reply, lol.. So plan A is to send a letter to the Sheffield address and see what happens.. If no joy, Plan B may be put in force sooner that 6 months from application date..

It's just bizarre that people who have sent their (SET(m)) application weeks/months after me have already recieved a response/decision..

And the wait goes on.....
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:33 am

Trust me it is no one's fault, someone got their application considered sooner even though posting after you. Caseworkers are also humans, so they have their own small weaknesses. They may decide to consider one case when another can wait as there is less paperwork to check or follow. Or opposite they have received response to the queries they have made in regards of some one's case sooner than to yours.
Personally I am on 5th week waiting and have not received a letter of acknowledgment as of yet. I guess we all need to get patient enjoy the life and relax a bit. I am honestly glad there are people receiving ILRs within few weeks after sending for approval it means system work. It is overloaded I have no doubts in it considering amount of applications to be considered with very limited number of staff.
Do not want to disappoint you, but I doubt you will affect time line consideration of you application by writing to UKBA. They will write to you if they will need info. Patience is a virtue. The moment you will stop stressing yourself over waiting time for ILR you will become happier person, and no doubts you will get it rather sooner than later. Think positive.
Sammie wrote: That's plan B.. I have already waited 3 months and if I wait another 3 months and then send a letter, it will be another 3 months before I get a reply, lol.. So plan A is to send a letter to the Sheffield address and see what happens.. If no joy, Plan B may be put in force sooner that 6 months from application date..

It's just bizarre that people who have sent their (SET(m)) application weeks/months after me have already recieved a response/decision..

And the wait goes on.....

bilalsco
Newly Registered

Post by bilalsco » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:16 am

terlen wrote:Yes mate, hopefuly, from what I have heard, the are some cases when people don't receieve these letters at all or if they do it might come any time 8 weeks, 15 weeks etc.
bilalsco wrote:
Please help.
Hello

Hi Terlen

Did you get your acknowledgement letter yet? I am still waiting, 3rd week in now.

Please let me know. Thanks

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:25 am

bilalsco wrote:
terlen wrote:Yes mate, hopefuly, from what I have heard, the are some cases when people don't receieve these letters at all or if they do it might come any time 8 weeks, 15 weeks etc.
bilalsco wrote:
Please help.
Hello

Hi Terlen

Did you get your acknowledgement letter yet? I am still waiting, 3rd week in now.

Please let me know. Thanks

Hi

I think sometimes these letters get lost in the post. No need to worry. Did you speak to UKBA?