ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying in person (Croydon)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anilaksay
Newly Registered

Applying in person (Croydon)

Post by anilaksay » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:38 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an appointment from the online system. However there is no place before 19 July. If I go to the office too early without an appointment, is there a chance for me to apply in person.

When you apply in person, do you get your visa on that day, or do you need to leave your passport. I will be travelling in end of July, that is why I want to finalize everything before 19th July.

Best regards,

Anil.

ChetanOjha

Re: Applying in person (Croydon)

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:47 am

You cannot just walkin to the Home Office. You must have appointment in order to apply in-person.

If you have to travel during month-end, you can opt for some solicitors as they normally have slots booked with HO.
anilaksay wrote:Hi all,

I'm trying to get an appointment from the online system. However there is no place before 19 July. If I go to the office too early without an appointment, is there a chance for me to apply in person.

When you apply in person, do you get your visa on that day, or do you need to leave your passport. I will be travelling in end of July, that is why I want to finalize everything before 19th July.

Best regards,

Anil.

anilaksay
Newly Registered

Post by anilaksay » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:43 pm

Thanks for the info. Could you recommend some solicitors that might be helpful in this case.