ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents on holiday and ILR processing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usrilr
Newly Registered

Dependents on holiday and ILR processing

Post by usrilr » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:33 pm

My ILR is due in August. My dependants are going on holiday in August for 3 months. I will be here during that month, I am planning to get passports of my dependants through courier and apply for ILR for me and dependants personally in August itself.

Please let me know whether I can do processing of ILR for me and dependants in above situation or not?. Is it required my dependants need to be in UK for ILR processing?

Thanks in Advance..

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Never do that. Since you cannot use some ones passport (even though she/he is your dependent) in their absence from the country. If the case worker find out that there is no in stamp at Heathrow but only in stamp at that country of visiting then he may ask you few questions which will put you in difficult situation to answer.
My suggestion is wait till your dependent is back from holiday to apply.

brijkalani
Newly Registered

Post by brijkalani » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:37 am

I am in the same boat as yours....actually i have already completed the required 4 years in may2010. Worst come worst i will have to pay the application fees for ilr for my spouse again when she comes back from vaccation.

my question to experts here is, whether its ok if i apply for ilr early and send her application afterwards?

Will home-office still backdate my ILR from may2010 so that i can apply for citizenship in may 2011??

Thanks

brijkalani
Newly Registered

Re: Dependents on holiday and ILR processing

Post by brijkalani » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:49 am

hi...would like to know any updates...as i am in the same situation.

Thanks

usrilr wrote:My ILR is due in August. My dependants are going on holiday in August for 3 months. I will be here during that month, I am planning to get passports of my dependants through courier and apply for ILR for me and dependants personally in August itself.

Please let me know whether I can do processing of ILR for me and dependants in above situation or not?. Is it required my dependants need to be in UK for ILR processing?

Thanks in Advance..

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 pm

You "must" not send/receive somone else's or your passport to another country by courier/post. It is a criminal offense. Unless the passport holder is carrying it with him it is not legal to even carry someone else's passport in another country.
usrilr wrote:My ILR is due in August. My dependants are going on holiday in August for 3 months. I will be here during that month, I am planning to get passports of my dependants through courier and apply for ILR for me and dependants personally in August itself.

Thanks in Advance..

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:23 pm

chetanojha wrote:You "must" not send/receive somone else's or your passport to another country by courier/post. It is a criminal offense. Unless the passport holder is carrying it with him it is not legal to even carry someone else's passport in another country.
Not sure if it is entirely correct. I know at least one country which encourages people to send their passport applications for renewal to their home country. Once processed then you can appoint someone to collect the passport and bring it or send it to you. To be honest i am not what the situation is in the UK so will do some research, if you have any links these would be appreciated.

With regards to application while dependent is away, and then applying when they come back, i think this is impossible. you sort of miss the boat if you dont apply at the same time so the dependents application would now be for FLR(M) or settlement visa (out of country) which would mean another 2 years b4 they can get ILR. So if possible i would look at postponing ones application or bringing them back to make the application or researching whether you can apply for them in absentia

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:37 pm

As far as I am aware, you can send passport outside India. There are ample of searches available. One such from other forum is below. Besides, I am sure I have read the same in the passport itself but have to check.

www.spammer.com/canada-discussi ... a-stamping
f2k wrote:
chetanojha wrote:You "must" not send/receive somone else's or your passport to another country by courier/post. It is a criminal offense. Unless the passport holder is carrying it with him it is not legal to even carry someone else's passport in another country.
Not sure if it is entirely correct. I know at least one country which encourages people to send their passport applications for renewal to their home country. Once processed then you can appoint someone to collect the passport and bring it or send it to you. To be honest i am not what the situation is in the UK so will do some research, if you have any links these would be appreciated.

With regards to application while dependent is away, and then applying when they come back, i think this is impossible. you sort of miss the boat if you dont apply at the same time so the dependents application would now be for FLR(M) or settlement visa (out of country) which would mean another 2 years b4 they can get ILR. So if possible i would look at postponing ones application or bringing them back to make the application or researching whether you can apply for them in absentia