ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wet26

Post by wet26 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:21 pm

that's great news sanu84 and so fast!

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:22 pm

babie_meg wrote:
sanu84 wrote:
babie_meg wrote:
Yes i think it means that your RC is ready.
The address to return your passport is the same as the one you sent your application. However, there are more information on it like department number, the code for the team and also the case reference number.
yes I noticed the team and department code so am going to address it to them so that they don't treat this as a brand new application and the package would be sitting in their post room for ages.

did you return ONLY your passport and not your husband's?

Thanks
Yes only my passport.

Commonwealth

UKBA lackadaisical attitude advise

Post by Commonwealth » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Am exhausted! Why UKBA is doing this? They have requested my passport back since April 2010, up till now l have not received my passport and its more that six months. I have complained and complained but no response. I spoke with my MP secretary and l was told that they make enquiry till now no news. Can smbody advise on next step? Please.

jvgallegos
Newly Registered

Post by jvgallegos » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:37 am

I agree.. this waiting is exhausting!
February 2nd: submitted application.
February 20th: received COA
March 9th: requested passports back for unexpected travel
June 18th: case allocated to a case worker
June 26th: received a letter requesting: (1) passports back, (2) further evidence that my wife -Italian citizen- was exercising treaty rights.. really weird given that I sent her working contract, letter from employer and payslips, and (3) further proof of domicile in the UK -which is also weird given that I sent in the original application bank statements with my name on them and my address.

June 29th: I sent back my passports, my wife's working contract, a letter from her employer, more payslips, her Tax and Revenue documents, NI certificate.. I also included my working contract, NI certificate, payslips, lease agreement...

June 30th: Based on the tracking system from the Royal Mail, they received the package this day.

Now, just waiting... should I call just to check on them? Hopefully it won't take that long until I receive a response from them.

Good luck to everybody!

simple_shoes
Newly Registered

Post by simple_shoes » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:04 am

sanu84 wrote:Hi guys,

I just received my RC today. Woohoo!!!

March 31 - Applications sent
April 1 - Applications received by the HO
May 8 - COA received (letter dated 28 April)
May 17 - Requested passports back for a trip on 21 July
June 9 - Passports received
June 24 - Received letter from HO asking only my passport to be returned (latter dated 21 June). I had 21 days to do that.
June 25 - Called the HO and asked to return passport in August.
In the same day got a call from the caseworker and he assured that I will get my passport and RC back before my trip
June 28 - Got a call from the caseworker again saying he had received my passport and it would be sent out in 1 or 2 days.
July 1 - Received all documents previously submitted and RC (issued on 28 June for 5 years) by SD

Total waiting time: 3 months.

In that period, I didn't send any complaint.

Good luck to all of you who haven't received the RC yet!
Reading posts like this makes me believe in magic :D
I've submitted my application in the same period so keep my fingers crossed for my RC being in process NOW.
Anyway, it is obvious that there is no logic behind UKBA applications processing, it seems like they randomly choose applications to work on.

good luck to everyone who's waiting and those with RC please enjoy you 'freedom' for 100%
----
30.03.10- application submitted
28.04.10- COA received
18.06.10 - called HO, application still in queue

PEECAY
Newly Registered

Post by PEECAY » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 pm

thanK you so much guys , i received my COA 1pm today

APPLICATION SENT : 24-05-2010

HOME OFFICE RECEIVED: 25-05-2010

COA DATED: 21-06-2010

COA RECEIVED: 02-07-2010

JUST EXACTLY 5WEEKS.
i will be counting another months for my eea2 visa.

patmit
Newly Registered

Post by patmit » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:05 pm

May I ask how you get in touch with them? We tried both numbers but neither of them got us through and talked to an officier.

My story is:
Application submitted 11-02-2010
HO received on 12-02-2010
COA issued on 25-02-2010

but afterwards no news.

It's good to hear so many stories for recieving their RC as it's been so silent for a while.
I started to worry now!!!

PEECAY
Newly Registered

Post by PEECAY » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:52 pm

actually i dont bother myself giving them a call at all.... but will wait till sept and see if there is something coming out

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:55 pm

June 24 - Received letter from HO asking only my passport to be returned (latter dated 21 June). I had 21 days to do that.
In the same day got a call from the caseworker and he assured that I will get my passport and RC back before my trip
June 28 - Got a call from the caseworker again saying he had received my passport and it would be sent out in 1 or 2 days.
July 1 - Received all documents previously submitted and RC (issued on 28 June for 5 years) by SD

Congrats !! wow that's record time !! Oh now I regret to not have sent back my passport on Monday 28 Jun when the woman from UKBA suggested me to.. she told me if I could send it the next day by Special Delivery then it's possible they could return the passport back to me in a week before my travel on 7 Jul but I was a little worried that there would be delays and I really need to go on this trip so I didn't... if I knew they really do what they promised (like they said they would send u back your passport within days) then I would have sent it back on MOnday and would probably have got the RC early next week !!! oh.. stupid me....

So happy for you !!! :)

kafi

Re: UKBA lackadaisical attitude advise

Post by kafi » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Commonwealth wrote:Am exhausted! Why UKBA is doing this? They have requested my passport back since April 2010, up till now l have not received my passport and its more that six months. I have complained and complained but no response. I spoke with my MP secretary and l was told that they make enquiry till now no news. Can smbody advise on next step? Please.
hi,

This unit deals with complaints about the service provided in our North West region. It also deals with complaints relating to:

â– citizenship and nationality applications; and
â– applications made under European law for residency documentation, by EEA or Swiss nationals and the family members of EEA or Swiss nationals.
The UK Border Agency cannot give information about an individual's immigration status to third parties (other than the individual's authorised representative).

Fax: 0161 261 1232

Email: NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Address: North West Region CSU, PO Box 99, Manchester M90 3WW

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:02 pm

babie_meg wrote:

Congrats !! wow that's record time !! Oh now I regret to not have sent back my passport on Monday 28 Jun when the woman from UKBA suggested me to.. she told me if I could send it the next day by Special Delivery then it's possible they could return the passport back to me in a week before my travel on 7 Jul but I was a little worried that there would be delays and I really need to go on this trip so I didn't... if I knew they really do what they promised (like they said they would send u back your passport within days) then I would have sent it back on MOnday and would probably have got the RC early next week !!! oh.. stupid me....

So happy for you !!! :)
Yeah it's a pity that you didn't send your passport. But the good news is your RC is ready.
I did check that the person who promised me was the one who was working on my application though. If it was not the case I wouldn't have sent the passport back.

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:08 pm

patmit wrote:May I ask how you get in touch with them? We tried both numbers but neither of them got us through and talked to an officier.

My story is:
Application submitted 11-02-2010
HO received on 12-02-2010
COA issued on 25-02-2010

but afterwards no news.

It's good to hear so many stories for recieving their RC as it's been so silent for a while.
I started to worry now!!!
Try options 1 then 2. If it cuts you off just call back.

Commonwealth

RC ISSUE

Post by Commonwealth » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Commonwealth wrote:
Am exhausted! Why UKBA is doing this? They have requested my passport back since April 2010, up till now l have not received my passport and its more that six months. I have complained and complained but no response. I spoke with my MP secretary and l was told that they make enquiry till now no news. Can smbody advise on next step? Please.

hi,

This unit deals with complaints about the service provided in our North West region. It also deals with complaints relating to:

â– citizenship and nationality applications; and
â– applications made under European law for residency documentation, by EEA or Swiss nationals and the family members of EEA or

Swiss nationals.

The UK Border Agency cannot give information about an individual's immigration status to third parties (other than the individual's authorised representative).

Fax: 0161 261 1232

Email: NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Address: North West Region CSU, PO Box 99, Manchester M90 3WW
Thanks alot kafi, i have contactd and they they apologised for the delay and they not say when the application will be considered

babie_meg

Re: Help: received CoA, but need passport to travel

Post by babie_meg » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:54 pm

sanu84 wrote:
tangent90 wrote: Thanks very much for your advice. I appreciate it. Just a few more question. What address should I use to write to the caseworker? I have her name, and the slip with the case reference no. So you think I shold just reply to Liverpool office with the a copy of the slip stating the team & case reference ? How long does it take for them to respond to such request you think? i asked because i'll be traveling in 10 days time.. Thank you again.
I think you should call them now. It's always faster to call.
Tell them to extend the 21 days and also if possible ask for having the caseworker contact you since you don't understand the problem with using NHS.
If no one calls you, you may want to call back.

I think you should also write a letter to make sure that the caseworker knows about your concerns. The label they gave you (with the department number, team, and case reference) is the right one. With this your letter will be received directly by your caseworker. Make sure that you make a copy of this label since you will need it to return your passport once you get back from your trip.

I don't know how long it takes for them to respond to your request.
For my case, I got the call from the case worker in the same day I called them.
I just realised there is no address label in the letter my caseworker sent me although the letter says there is. It's just a blank square in the middle of the letter... am I missing something?

how do I contact my caseworker then? Just write to the same PO box address I sent my application to? There is his name in the letter, can I address it directly to him?

sylviagarcia
Newly Registered

!!! planning to submit eea2 by tomorrow, 06.07.10

Post by sylviagarcia » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:47 pm

hi.

my eea husband and i are getting married on 14.08.10. i was planning to send in my eea2 app this week (we're already waiting for his coa for his eea1):

1. would it be possible to submit my eea2 app without my passport because we already need to leave on 08.08.10 for the wedding? it says on the eea guideline that they return passports if the applicant needs to travel urgently AND unexpectedly. well, ours will not fall under that category because ours is obviously scheduled. what about this other paragraph on the eea2 app which says something like - if you are unable to provide any of the original documents, please attach a letter providing an explanation? would that mean that i can submit my eea2 app without my passport?
2. if i attached a letter, to my eea2 app, explaining the situation, would it still be possilble to get a coa within four weeks (will try to push them) and then submit my passport as soon as i come back?

my husband and i are already married in the stat office in poland - got married last year.

looking forward to hearing from you.

many thanks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Forza_RC wrote:
GreenCardApplicant wrote:Can I just ask a simple question (or two):
Once you've applied for the EEA2, can you get your passport back for traveling purposes?
What does the COA that you receive a week or two after application actually say?
I will be applying for an EEA2 in a few months and was wondering about these practicalities..
Yes you can get your passpot back for travelling purposes.

If your expected date of travel is more than 10 days in the future, you must email your request to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk.

If you are with a same-gender partner then you could visit:
http://www.uklgig.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2274

Good luck!

wet26

Re: Help: received CoA, but need passport to travel

Post by wet26 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 am

babie_meg wrote:
sanu84 wrote:
tangent90 wrote: Thanks very much for your advice. I appreciate it. Just a few more question. What address should I use to write to the caseworker? I have her name, and the slip with the case reference no. So you think I shold just reply to Liverpool office with the a copy of the slip stating the team & case reference ? How long does it take for them to respond to such request you think? i asked because i'll be traveling in 10 days time.. Thank you again.
I think you should call them now. It's always faster to call.
Tell them to extend the 21 days and also if possible ask for having the caseworker contact you since you don't understand the problem with using NHS.
If no one calls you, you may want to call back.

I think you should also write a letter to make sure that the caseworker knows about your concerns. The label they gave you (with the department number, team, and case reference) is the right one. With this your letter will be received directly by your caseworker. Make sure that you make a copy of this label since you will need it to return your passport once you get back from your trip.

I don't know how long it takes for them to respond to your request.
For my case, I got the call from the case worker in the same day I called them.
I just realised there is no address label in the letter my caseworker sent me although the letter says there is. It's just a blank square in the middle of the letter... am I missing something?

how do I contact my caseworker then? Just write to the same PO box address I sent my application to? There is his name in the letter, can I address it directly to him?
Call them, as they have omitted to send you a label and you want to make sure your correspondence reaches the correct person as soon as possible.

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 am

3 months? Wow! That must be a record :) My partner finally received his COA last Thursday 29th, although it was dated from the 17th (just our luck).. I'm not going to get too optimistic, would be nice to get our RC in September or so though..

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:59 pm

hi, how can I request for my passport back just for travelling without stopping my application? by phone or e-mail? I am going on 21 July.

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 pm

what is MP? and where to find it?

ashah24
Newly Registered

Post by ashah24 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:41 am

Hi all...

I just spoke to the home office and apparently my application is completed and has being passed on to the dispatch department :D

I spoke to someone on or around the 21th of june for progress update and was told they were waiting for my passport from the Certificate of Approval department since they kept after i made my application for marriage...and that my application was ready and they were just waiting for the passport. I was very sceptic though...

Sent application: 11th Of May
Received: 12th of May
Certificate of Application: Received 16th of June Dated: 10th of June

21th or so of June: Spoke to HO, told waiting for my passport from another department....

Now 8th of July spoke to HO, told my passport was received on the 1st of July and that my application is completed and sent to despatch department on the 2nd July although it hasnt being posted out yet, was told it takes about 10 days from the 2nd...

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:03 am

I called HO now and asked for my passport back. Should I asked her is it ready or not? I did not ask :( I sent on 23 April, why is it taking so long time? one girl got it for 2 months :cry: may be to call again and ask may be it is ready?

ashah24
Newly Registered

Post by ashah24 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:29 am

Hi natashik.uk, you can find your MP here http://www.writetothem.com/ just enter your postcode and you will find who your MP is...

You can ask the HO for a progress update on your application...I hope you get some good news soon.

kafi

Post by kafi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:57 pm

i talk to hmoffice 2day, still my case is under consideration. I was told ' it may take up to 20th august' which will 7 months.

this 21st July my application's time r 6 month ...

can any one advise me after how long of my application .... should I complain to home office.

kafi

Post by kafi » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:16 am

ashah24 wrote:Hi all...

I just spoke to the home office and apparently my application is completed and has being passed on to the dispatch department :D

I spoke to someone on or around the 21th of june for progress update and was told they were waiting for my passport from the Certificate of Approval department since they kept after i made my application for marriage...and that my application was ready and they were just waiting for the passport. I was very sceptic though...

Sent application: 11th Of May
Received: 12th of May
Certificate of Application: Received 16th of June Dated: 10th of June

21th or so of June: Spoke to HO, told waiting for my passport from another department....

Now 8th of July spoke to HO, told my passport was received on the 1st of July and that my application is completed and sent to despatch department on the 2nd July although it hasnt being posted out yet, was told it takes about 10 days from the 2nd...
hi asah24,

when did u apply.

deyne

Post by deyne » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:09 am

HO received my EEA2 on 20th Feb 2009
Got COA in the middle of April 2009
Got the first requirement of additional documents in the middle of December 2009
Then nothing...got frastrated and complaited to everywhere but not to MP
Got the second letter asking for more documents including my passport(i guess either they lost it or they are a bunch of idiots) and a questionnaire
Sent back to HO two weeks ago and now still waiting...

10 more days my case will be outstanding for 17 months...