ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

long Residence concession affected by new rules

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, Administrator

HHH99

long Residence concession affected by new rules

Post by HHH99 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:49 pm

well folks it looks like its not just work permit holders who are affected by these new settlement laws people seeking long term residence are too. if you click this link:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... _long.html?

You will see that they have mentioned that new IDI will be provided as soon as possible so it is more then likely somethings will change or have already been changed. All I'm going to say is watch this space very closely because no one can say anything for sure at this moment. Something tells me they have probably increased the qualifying periods for this as well. Would be really grateful if other people share their views and opinions

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:15 pm

Contrary to your alarming heading, I don't think there's anything to worry about here. The Long Residence Concession was incorporated into the Immigration Rules last year. I think that all that is happening is that (after some months of doing nothing about it) IND are finally re-writing IDIs to reflect the fact that is is now a matter of law, rather than being a concession, dealt with outside the Rules.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

aboudi

Post by aboudi » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:57 pm

Furthermore the long residence 'Rule' was originally incorporated by european conventions, thus if uniformity with european law is the excuse that the government is giving for the changes then these rules should not be affected....