ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Renewal after Tier-1 stamping

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nks

Passport Renewal after Tier-1 stamping

Post by nks » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:58 am

Hi,

My passport is due to expire in 10 months and I recently got Tier 1 stamped on it in Bangalore, India. Would like to take advise from experienced people here, if its advisable to get my passport renewed before travelling to UK (I hope they return the old passport if it has a valid visa and same is accepted by UK immigration) or will I be better off getting it renewed in UK?

I plan to travel to UK in 2 months time.

TIA,
nks

ChetanOjha

Re: Passport Renewal after Tier-1 stamping

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:51 pm

You can get it renewed in UK.
nks wrote:Hi,

My passport is due to expire in 10 months and I recently got Tier 1 stamped on it in Bangalore, India. Would like to take advise from experienced people here, if its advisable to get my passport renewed before travelling to UK (I hope they return the old passport if it has a valid visa and same is accepted by UK immigration) or will I be better off getting it renewed in UK?

I plan to travel to UK in 2 months time.

TIA,
nks