ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsership from Canada-How long one should stay in Canada?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Sponsership from Canada-How long one should stay in Canada?

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:56 am

hello
i want to know how long one should stay in canada before they can sponsor brother/sister or any other relative.

My brother in law just got his PR for canada and he is not sure about sponsership time?

what he needs to do to sponsor me and my wife as he just got his PR and living in canada for over a month now?

plz advice

thewofoz
Newly Registered

Re: Sponsership from Canada-How long one should stay in Cana

Post by thewofoz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Canadian law does not allow for adult Brother/Sister sponsorship and only for minors when you can prove that they are dependents of you.

They may be able to get point for adaptability because they have family in Canada under the Skilled worker program. Also, you may sponsor your parents and they can sponsor a son.

There is no minimum amount of time a person need to be in Canada in order to qualify as a sponsor. Nor need to be a Canadian citizen

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsership from Canada-How long one should stay in Cana

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:27 pm

thewofoz wrote:Canadian law does not allow for adult Brother/Sister sponsorship and only for minors when you can prove that they are dependents of you.

They may be able to get point for adaptability because they have family in Canada under the Skilled worker program. Also, you may sponsor your parents and they can sponsor a son.

There is no minimum amount of time a person need to be in Canada in order to qualify as a sponsor. Nor need to be a Canadian citizen
This post is 5 years old!! Probably resolved by now :shock:

Please do check the dates of posts before you reply to one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.