ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence Card Need help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hasel
Newly Registered

EEA Residence Card Need help

Post by hasel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi, I sent an application for an EEA Residence Card in July 2009. Recently, I sent a complaint which was acknowledged. then the HO later sent me a letter inviting me and my spouse for an interview on a specified date with more documentations. Is this the case now? Do they have to interview residence card applicants? I need help with this please.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:08 pm

If they doubt the credibility of the application or suspect a 'marriage of convenience', yes.

lina katen
Newly Registered

Post by lina katen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:38 am

Don't they interview you before a certificate of approval is granted if they suspect a marriage of convenience. Hasel can you give us more details about your case.

hasel
Newly Registered

Post by hasel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:56 pm

I have been in the Uk since 2006 as a student, got married in 2008 to an EU citizen. But since I still had along validity on my Student visa, decided to apply for a RC in July 2009. did not hear anything from the HO until I made a complaint this July. They sent me a letter acknowledging receipt of my complaint, then a few days later, they sent me another one inviting me for an interview. So, I was wondering if this is normal practise with regards to the RC. Thanks

kashijee
Newly Registered

Post by kashijee » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:32 am

hmmm its happen very rare but not to worry .. may be you sent complain with harsh word or anything like that. if your marriage is genuine just go for interview and dont lie about which they can find out. when is your interview ?

677ano

Post by 677ano » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:12 am

I hope your marriage was not officiated by the priest under investigation, it very abnormal to request the spouse of an EEA national to attend interview, I will understand if you were applying via UK visas route
we can all change our stars