ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Stamped Thanks :) New set of Questions :oops:

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ragiroti
Newly Registered

Got Stamped Thanks :) New set of Questions :oops:

Post by ragiroti » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:20 am

Thanks to the forum and its helpful members for helping me thru the entire process. I got my Tier-1 stamped on 09th July 2010. Below I have collated the information which could help other members of this wonderful forum.

Now with a stamped Passport I have more queries which I have added towards the end of the post. Please help me with it.

My Timeline:
Application submitted at VFS, Bangalore - 29 June '10
Application dispatch to DBHC, Chennai - 29 June '10
Application under process at the DBHC, Chennai - 04 July '10
Processed application ready for collection at UK Visa Application Centre- 08 July '10
Stamped passport received - 09 July '10

Documents I submitted:
- Vaf9 form.
- pbsappendix1 form.
- Single cover letter explaining the details.
- Passport - Age
- Degree Certificate - Qualification and English requirement.
- 12 months Pay slips stamped and signed by employer + 12 months bank statements stamped by my bank - Previous Earnings.
- 3 months bank statements + letter to confirm maintenance funds – Maintenance Funds
- 2 passport sized photos
- Affidavit stating "ragiroti.d" and "ragiroti.dosa" is the same name.

Questions in mind?

- Can I apply for my tier-1 extension 6-8 months in advance from UK?
- Under the rules I fall in (After 6-Apr 2010) will I qualify for the extension if I meet the below requirements?
---Age < 32 = 20 (on the date of application)
---Bachelors Degree = 30
---Previous Earnings = 20 (considering I could only get a job paying around £35,000 - £39,999)
---UK experience = 5 (Since I would have worked in UK for 12 months)

Cheers

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Got Stamped Thanks :) New set of Questions :oops:

Post by prisat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:28 am

ragiroti wrote: Questions in mind?

- Can I apply for my tier-1 extension 6-8 months in advance from UK?
- Under the rules I fall in (After 6-Apr 2010) will I qualify for the extension if I meet the below requirements?
---Age < 32 = 20 (on the date of application)
---Bachelors Degree = 30
---Previous Earnings = 20 (considering I could only get a job paying around £35,000 - £39,999)
---UK experience = 5 (Since I would have worked in UK for 12 months)

Cheers
Probably Yes. :) and rules might change tomorrow too and it might again be changed to something else the next week.

innu
Newly Registered

Post by innu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:50 pm

You will get 40 points for the salary band you have entered. The points tally is different when you earn in UK and when you earn outside.

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:57 pm

innu wrote:You will get 40 points for the salary band you have entered. The points tally is different when you earn in UK and when you earn outside.
Sorry? Where did you get this information from?

ragiroti

I am not so sure if you can apply for extension so much earlier. Have seen anything to this effect on UKBA site? Do you want to do this so that you get the points for age < 32?

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 am

layman wrote:
innu wrote:You will get 40 points for the salary band you have entered. The points tally is different when you earn in UK and when you earn outside.
Sorry? Where did you get this information from?

ragiroti
It depends on when you have applied for the VISA. Please refer the to the lastest tier 1 guidance doc (page #'s 24, 25, 26 respectively).
Above point may stand good for people who have applied before 6th Apr 2010.

innu
Newly Registered

Post by innu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:38 am

Yes, i misread the dates. its indeed 20 points after 6th april 2010

ragiroti
Newly Registered

Post by ragiroti » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 am

layman wrote: ragiroti

I am not so sure if you can apply for extension so much earlier. Have seen anything to this effect on UKBA site? Do you want to do this so that you get the points for age < 32?
I could not locate any information regarding this on the UKBA website. I guess there is no minimum date to apply for extension. What I would like to know is - If my visa is valid until july 2012, can I apply for extension in Jan for Feb 2012?

outbound

Post by outbound » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:43 pm

ragiroti wrote:
layman wrote: ragiroti

I could not locate any information regarding this on the UKBA website. I guess there is no minimum date to apply for extension. What I would like to know is - If my visa is valid until july 2012, can I apply for extension in Jan for Feb 2012?
You can, but when they grant an extension, watever is the remaining peroid on ur previous visa is lost. This will have a bearing if you are going for settlement.

For eg, if ur granted extn in feb on a visa expiring july, the new visa will be valid from feb 2012.

This is also possible only in country, in India for example, VFS wouldnt accept ur application so early :D