ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

complications
Newly Registered

switching

Post by complications » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Can anyone help me please........my story is very complicated, my mother brought me to the UK aged 8 in 1995 and made several failed attempts to sort out our stay. Finally in 2008 we were granted discretionary leave to remain. While I an ecstatic(I am now 23yrs) to have recieved some form of stay after so long, it seems unfair that I will have to wait 5 more years before I will be eligible for ILR and I was wondering if I can now switch from the discretionary leave to apply for ILR under the 14year long concession rules and if so when will be the best time to do this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:49 am

Long residence may be possible. Probably depends on the consequences of the previous failed attempts. KOL required. Consider consulting with an OISC advisor.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

complications
Newly Registered

successfully switching from discretionary leave to ILR

Post by complications » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Does anybody know anyone that has successfully changed from discretionary leave to ILR under the 14 year long concession rule

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:59 pm

As vinny the mod so rightly stated contact an OISC solicitor for advice.

It may or may not be possible depending on your history. 14 year application are complicated and advice regarding them best come from an immigration solicitor.

Click on the links vinny kindly provided you for further information.