ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need extension or can apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smaganti

Do i need extension or can apply for ILR

Post by smaganti » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi All,

I am on workpermit and got my visa on 1st of August 2006 and expires on 1st of August 2011.i came to the country on 21st of August 2006.

My Question is will i be eligible to apply for ILR or Probation Citizenship (If the new rules comes into play) before my visa expires on 1st Aug 2011 as i came to the country on 21st of aug 2006 or do i need visa extension.Please let me know

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Under current rules you cannot apply any earlier than 28 days before 5th anniversary of stay in UK. This gives you a window of a couple of days between 23-Jul-11 and 01-Aug-11 in which you may apply. Make sure that your application is received by UKBA on any one of the days in the given window (assuming there is no change in the 28 days rule by then).

regards

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Thank you

According to 28days rule i have got 6 working days to apply right..i.e between 23rd July to 1st August there are 6 working days including 1st of august.

So i should be able to apply in person between these days and iam eligible for ILR..?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:28 pm

smaganti wrote: So i should be able to apply in person between these days
Yes.
smaganti wrote:and iam eligible for ILR..?
If the rules remain the same as on date (i.e.- probationary citizenship isn't introduced by then), then yes, you should be able to apply for ILR. Eligibility requirements for probationary citizenship have not yet been published, so you'll have to wait and watch.

regards