ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally its offical

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Doha212
Newly Registered

Finally its offical

Post by Doha212 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:34 am

Just got the best news my hubby is granted for EEA FP =) after nerve racking couple of weeks. That's 1 part out of the way... Thanks to this forum otherwhise I would have been a lost case!
Quick question after my hubby comes in UK how long should we wait to apply for RC or can we do that straight away?

P.s if any one need details of how we did it and what the enquiry was let me know happy to help =)

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:39 am

As he arrived in the UK, let him apply for NI, NHS and open bank account and look for work.
As soon as he got all these ready, he can apply for his RC.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:29 am

To the OP: Your husband can apply for a RC without needing to secure the above first. You simply need to be exercising treaty rights and have proof of this for your husband to be eligible for a RC which confirms his rights of residence with his EU spouse in the UK.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 am

Plum70 can you tell her how her hubby can show that he's living with her?
He need proof of address and he need to work while his application is in the HO.
Think again ok.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:15 pm

If you looked at the EEA2 application form you would know that the supporting docs required by the UKBA are:

1. The non-EEA family member's passport & that of their EU/EEA spouse
2. Proof of the EU/EEA spouse exercising treaty rights in the UK
3. Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for the whole family (if EU/EEA spouse is self-sufficient or a student)
4. Marriage certificate

Now you should think and do some research before you post misleading information!

P.S: The OP's hubby can simply request his passport back once he has received a certificate of application form the UKBA.

Doha212
Newly Registered

Post by Doha212 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks for your replies :)

My biggest worried is this comprensive sickness cover am reading about, done some research and god they are expensive. Don't get me happy to cover your self but this comprensive is very expensive as its a platinum one when i spoke to the insurance people they advice me to go for the standard (silver or bronze package) as they told me and my husband are young and dont need the full comprensive cover. My worries are if i get the private health insurance cover in silver or bronze that it would not be enough to get the Resident card..... Has anyone get the standard health cover instead of the full comprensive one.......

wet26

Post by wet26 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:20 pm

You only need the health insurance if you are self sufficient or a student. If you intend to work, you don't need the health insurance.

If you do need insurance because you are not going to work, you should tell the insurer that you need the policy for an immigration requirement because you can't use the NHS and they should be able to tell you what policy is required.

Doha212
Newly Registered

Post by Doha212 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:24 pm

wet26 thanks for ur reply

I work full-time and my husnab (non eu) is looking for work so i guess we dont need it right? :?

chuni8
Newly Registered

Consideration of previous docs for RC

Post by chuni8 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:32 pm

Plum70 wrote:If you looked at the EEA2 application form you would know that the supporting docs required by the UKBA are:

1. The non-EEA family member's passport & that of their EU/EEA spouse
2. Proof of the EU/EEA spouse exercising treaty rights in the UK
3. Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for the whole family (if EU/EEA spouse is self-sufficient or a student)
4. Marriage certificate
Hi all!
Concerning supporting docs for a RC application after a Family permit has been obtained, me question is: do we have to hand in the marriage certificate again?
I ask this because we are already presenting our marriage certificate for the Family Permit and it would be important for us to know if the UK border Agency considers previous Family permit docs at the time we apply for RC. Otherwise we need to make a new translation of the marriage certificate.
Thank you in advance for your advice!