ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN Question and Etc

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nao

Form AN Question and Etc

Post by nao » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:11 am

Hi
I start filling the form and already stumbled...please advise (some of them you might find rather silly questions but please

1: Address
should it go like this?
310 OXFORD CIRCUS WATER HOUSE LONDON
or
310 OXFORD CIRCUS
WATER HOUSE
LONDON

2: E-mail address
Simply short of boxes.(my e-mail is long!!)

3:Referee
I am going to ask REF1 as
Non British citizen but an Office manager of UK VAT registered company.
(used to work together) how should she put the column asking how she knew me and her profession etc,,?
Ex-colleague / Office Manager / her age Is that correct?
Please confirm

4: Fillable form
Saw a couple of web which I actually could put my info on, but App says I should use Black ink pecil, Do I have to fill the form in writing or Is that ok to type in the form then print out?

Thanks

N

Tim555

Re: Form AN Question and Etc

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:29 am

nao wrote:Hi
I start filling the form and already stumbled...please advise (some of them you might find rather silly questions but please

should it go like this?
or
310 OXFORD CIRCUS
WATER HOUSE
LONDONN
I think following is good way:

310 OXFORD CIRCUS
WATER HOUSE
LONDON
nao wrote:2: E-mail address
Simply short of boxes.(my e-mail is long!!)N
Create new ( yahoo, msn etc ) email address. make sure it should be short one. 8)
nao wrote:3:Referee
I am going to ask REF1 as
Non British citizen but an Office manager of UK VAT registered company.
(used to work together) how should she put the column asking how she knew me and her profession etc,,?
Please confirmN
She is your ex-colleague. OFFICE MANAGER / HER AGE 8)
nao wrote:4: Fillable form
Saw a couple of web which I actually could put my info on, but App says I should use Black ink pecil, Do I have to fill the form in writing or Is that ok to type in the form then print out? N
DOES NOT MATTER. ITS UP TO YOU. BOTH ARE ACCEPTABLE
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Re: Form AN Question and Etc

Post by Christophe » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:59 pm

My thoughts:
nao wrote:Hi

should it go like this?
or
310 OXFORD CIRCUS
WATER HOUSE
LONDON
It doesn't matter, but I'd put it the second way (on separate lines), the same as people do in the UK if they're addressing an envelope. I'd include the post code too (after "London", either on the same line or on a new line).
nao wrote:2: E-mail address
Simply short of boxes.(my e-mail is long!!)
Do as Tim555 suggested, or go over the edge of the boxes — as long as it is clear is the main thing, I'd say.
nao wrote:3:Referee
I am going to ask REF1 as Non British citizen but an Office manager of UK VAT registered company.
Please confirm
Sounds good to me. You could also call her an "ex-work colleague" or a "former (work) colleague).
nao wrote:4: Fillable form
Saw a couple of web which I actually could put my info on, but App says I should use Black ink pecil, Do I have to fill the form in writing or Is that ok to type in the form then print out?
I imagine both are OK, but unless you're handwriting is very poor I'd be inclined to write it, as they ask you to.

denin
Newly Registered

The enquiries I have with the AN form

Post by denin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Dear all,

I have the following enquiries about the application and the sections in the form. I know it is a long one but I will be glad if you can please help.

AN form : http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... orm_an.pdf

My first arrival in the UK was on 13/09/2005. So naturalization period of 5 years will be completed on 13/09/2010. I was wondering if I am allowed to take the necessary tests before this date and submit my application after the completion of the naturalization period?

1.1 I do not have any "Immigration and Nationality Directorate" or "Border and Immigration" or "UK Border Agency reference numbers". It is fine if I leave this section empty or should I obtain one of these numbers?

1.2 I am planning to enter the "Life in the UK Test" with my ID rather than my passport since I will be using my passport during the consideration of my application. Is it fine I give the number of my ID?

1.3 I came to UK on 13/09/2005 and I am EU national. New immigration regulation came in to force on 30 April 2006. What date should I write in this section? or should I leave it empty?

1.10 I do not have a National Insurance number. Do I need to obtain one?

1.17 In this section I have to give the addresses that I live at in the last 5 years. I know the months and the years of the my residences for 5 years but I do not know the exact dates. Also, do I have to prove these dates and address. If so, how can prove them?

1.22 Do I have to pass both "ESOL" and "Life in the UK test" or only "LIfe in the UK test" is fine?

3.1-3.5 I have been studying full time since I came to UK and never worked. How should I fill in these sections? There is no student options, which one should I choose?! Should I consider my most recent institution as my employer. Then, how about address of tax office or the tax office reference number? Also after 30/09/2010 I wont be a student but a jobless :) do think that will affect the application?

Many thanks in advance,
D

John

Post by John » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:54 pm

denin, are you married to (or in a Civil Partnership with) a British Citizen? If not you are overlooking the fact that you need to be free of immigration restrictions for at least one year. That is you need to have PR status for at least one year, and you will not get PR status until you have been in the UK for 5 years.
John

denin
Newly Registered

Post by denin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:44 pm

John wrote:denin, are you married to (or in a Civil Partnership with) a British Citizen? If not you are overlooking the fact that you need to be free of immigration restrictions for at least one year. That is you need to have PR status for at least one year, and you will not get PR status until you have been in the UK for 5 years.
Thanks for the notice John. I forgot to mention that I am an EU national since 2003. I do not think that applies for me. Is that right?

denin

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:45 am

I forgot to mention that I am an EU national since 2003. I do not think that applies for me. Is that right?
No, wrong.
John

denin
Newly Registered

Post by denin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:14 am

John wrote:
I forgot to mention that I am an EU national since 2003. I do not think that applies for me. Is that right?
No, wrong.
I am kind of confused. Could you clarify please, when can I apply?

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:41 am

denin, please reread my post above "Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 pm ", UK time.
John

denin
Newly Registered

Post by denin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:09 am

John wrote:denin, please reread my post above "Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 pm ", UK time.
So what you mean is that in September 2010 I will be granted permanent residence. And I have to wait until September 2011 to apply for the citizenship?

Thanks

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:57 am

Exactly!
John

denin
Newly Registered

Post by denin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:58 pm

John wrote:Exactly!
Thanks very much John that helped. I appreciate. I have searched it a bit more and I have found that if I had had my passport Idefinite Leave to Remain stamped I could have applied now. Do you how could I have done that? And after 13/09/2010 I have to apply for the permanent residence right?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /eea31.pdf

Thanks very much
denin

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:25 pm

But denin, you don't qualify for ILR. That is, based upon what you have posted, you have absolutely no path to ILR. But you will get PR status in September.
John

denin
Newly Registered

Post by denin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Hold on a minute Permanent Residence and the Indefinite Leave to Remain are the same thing right??

If not what is ILR and could you please clearly say what I should to apply for the citizenship in September 2011?

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Hold on a minute Permanent Residence and the Indefinite Leave to Remain are the same thing right??
No, wrong. Although the effect is the same. But ILR is granted to those on the UK immigration path, but PR comes about from the EEA path.
If not what is ILR and could you please clearly say what I should to apply for the citizenship in September 2011?
You could just apply for Naturalisation 6 years after starting to exercise Treaty Rights in the UK.
John

denin
Newly Registered

Post by denin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:39 pm

John wrote:
No, wrong. Although the effect is the same. But ILR is granted to those on the UK immigration path, but PR comes about from the EEA path.
You could just apply for Naturalisation 6 years after starting to exercise Treaty Rights in the UK.
Meaning that I will be able to apply for the citizenship in September 2011.
In the mean time I will apply for the permanent residence after September 2010. Do I have to apply for the PR or it is granted automatically? If I dont have to apply would applying give me advantages?

Thanks

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Filing an EEA3 application will hopefully get confirmation of your PR status. It certainly does no harm to make that application, after all it is a free application, compared to the Naturalisation application which is anything but free.

That is, if for any reason you are declined confirmation of PR status, well you would not apply for Naturalisation, would you!

You say that you have been exercising Treaty Rights as a student. Please confirm that you have had comprehensive sickness insurance, as mentioned in the EU Directive.
John

denin
Newly Registered

Post by denin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 pm

John wrote:Filing an EEA3 application will hopefully get confirmation of your PR status. It certainly does no harm to make that application, after all it is a free application, compared to the Naturalisation application which is anything but free.

That is, if for any reason you are declined confirmation of PR status, well you would not apply for Naturalisation, would you!

You say that you have been exercising Treaty Rights as a student. Please confirm that you have had comprehensive sickness insurance, as mentioned in the EU Directive.
I have a card from my home country that enables me to use the health services in any EU country that is provided for the citizens of that country. I do not know if this is what you mean. What do I need this for?

What else do I need?