ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noah11

Re: Documents

Post by noah11 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:12 pm

krimith wrote:
shekel wrote:
krimith wrote:
shekel wrote:Documents and decision come back as one letter or two separate letters?
My one first come approval letter and then after 2 days documents come from DX SECURE delivery with they send ceremony invitation letter
so DX came second and the letter first?
Yes first they send approval letter and then documents and ceremony invitation letter both together
how come u got the documents and ceremony invitation letter both together and a cermoney invitation comes from your local council and not from home office? so,does that mean that ur local council had ur documents??????? :shock:
mohamed

noah11

Post by noah11 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:14 pm

alizarao wrote:
joelondon wrote:
noah11 wrote:الله اكبر
NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission:3/05/10 Royalmail first class recorded
Home office received application on the 5/05/10
CRITERIA - 2 yrs+1 year
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:13/05/10 dated 07/05/10
Date of debit of debit/credit card credit card on 15/05/10
Date homeoffice made decision:06/07/10
Supporting documents and approval letter received on the 12/07/10
Date of receipt of invitation letter for ceremony:pending
Date of Ceremony: pending
Date of appln for passport :pending
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

ELHAMD LE ALLAH
Well done mate ...all the best ;)
congratulations.

i called first time on 8th july to know the status of my application.a man told me that decision has been made on our application this week.today i got 2 letters of my kids (approved).
i suppose that all 4 will come same day.so is it normal that we'll get our letters tomorrow inshaallah.
thanks brother and good luck
mohamed

shekel

Re: Documents

Post by shekel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:13 pm

noah11 wrote:
krimith wrote:
shekel wrote:
krimith wrote: My one first come approval letter and then after 2 days documents come from DX SECURE delivery with they send ceremony invitation letter
so DX came second and the letter first?
Yes first they send approval letter and then documents and ceremony invitation letter both together
how come u got the documents and ceremony invitation letter both together and a cermoney invitation comes from your local council and not from home office? so,does that mean that ur local council had ur documents??????? :shock:
You get two posts - one your documents and decision letter and one for invitation to ceremony. The order is not clear. They might also not return your docs, if submitted through NCS (photocopies). If they are sending it with DX-secure (such as if you submitted originals), then it will come faster (and you can get tracking from HO, and track online with DX secure)

shekel

Post by shekel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:17 pm

infini001 wrote:called homeoffice regarding to application update and they say they're still waiting for a written confirmation from their external enquiry...any idea what this mean?
IMHO either your employer or referee. You can ask them if they got any letters

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 pm

any news anyone :?: :?: :?: :!: :!:

fearless2711

Here it is

Post by fearless2711 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:58 am

joelondon wrote:any news anyone :?: :?: :?: :!: :!:
Hi All,

Application refused for my self but approved for my wife. I had LC20 that is the cause of refusal, there is no ban to re-apply but I have adviced by letter to apply after the conviction will become spent, that is about 3 years from now on. so this is temp halt in the journey :(

alizarao

Re: Here it is

Post by alizarao » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:51 am

[quote="fearless2711"][quote="joelondon"][b]any news anyone :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: [/b][/quote]

Hi All,

Application refused for my self but approved for my wife. I had LC20 that is the cause of refusal, there is no ban to re-apply but I have adviced by letter to apply after the conviction will become spent, that is about 3 years from now on. so this is temp halt in the journey :([/quote]

dont worry fearless. its not the matter of death & lif. the only problem is that u'll have to wait for 3 more years. but they will pass quickly if we wont think muc h baout that. congrats for wife.be happy.
i'm also expecting letters today.lets see......

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 am

fearless2711 wrote:
Hi All,

Application refused for my self but approved for my wife. I had LC20 that is the cause of refusal, there is no ban to re-apply but I have adviced by letter to apply after the conviction will become spent, that is about 3 years from now on. so this is temp halt in the journey :(
:( well man ...never mind ...were you not aware about it ??? did u mention it on the application ????

well mate ...dont worry ...i'm sure you will be fine ...congratulation for ur wife ...and good luck with the next application ...3 years of wait is not that long ...i suppose ..after all ...have a nice day ,.,...and keep in touch time to time !!!

fearless2711

Post by fearless2711 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:16 am

joelondon wrote:
fearless2711 wrote:
Hi All,

:( well man ...never mind ...were you not aware about it ??? did u mention it on the application ????

well mate ...dont worry ...i'm sure you will be fine ...congratulation for ur wife ...and good luck with the next application ...3 years of wait is not that long ...i suppose ..after all ...have a nice day ,.,...and keep in touch time to time !!!
Thanks, I did mention it on the form but NCS staff told it is not problem so that is why I did applied otherwise I would have not applied. Any ways I will w8 now :(

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:19 am

fearless2711 wrote:
joelondon wrote:
fearless2711 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks, I did mention it on the form but NCS staff told it is not problem so that is why I did applied otherwise I would have not applied. Any ways I will w8 now :(
i believe that NCS STAFF are useless sometimes ....well don't worry my man ..everything will be fine you new it ...so then u just tried your luck ...wish for u next time ...at-least one of the family got it ...say congratulation to her ...!!! all the best dude and have a nice day

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:02 pm

well 8 weeks past ..and still waiting ...thinking to give them a call ..and see !!!! any suggestion ???

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:21 pm

well i just called them now and they said that my application is still on going ...he said that is waiting for allocation to the case working team ...that it passed the initial check ...but still waiting for allocation ...i asked how long it will take .,...he said ..he doesnt know ...!!!! well any suggestion please ...its already 2 months ...and still ongoing ... :twisted: :evil: :evil: :cry: :(

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:12 pm

[quote="joelondon"]well i just called them now and they said that my application is still on going ...he said that is waiting for allocation to the case working team ...that it passed the initial check ...but still waiting for allocation ...i asked how long it will take .,...he said ..he doesnt know ...!!!! well any suggestion please ...its already 2 months ...and still ongoing ... :twisted: :evil: :evil: :cry: :([/quote]

i agree its quite annoying.in my case i called first time on 8th july as i mentioned earlier they told me that decision has been made u'll get within 10 days. then i got approval letters for my kids on 12 july. since then i'm waiting for our letters on daily basis. today again i called, a very nice lady told me that yr decision has been made on 7th july hopefully u'll get soon.

but i'm confused that as far as i know through this forum all family members got their approval letters on the same day . am i right? then why our letters r taking sooooo long.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 pm

alizarao wrote:
joelondon wrote:well i just called them now and they said that my application is still on going ...he said that is waiting for allocation to the case working team ...that it passed the initial check ...but still waiting for allocation ...i asked how long it will take .,...he said ..he doesnt know ...!!!! well any suggestion please ...its already 2 months ...and still ongoing ... :twisted: :evil: :evil: :cry: :(

i agree its quite annoying.in my case i called first time on 8th July as i mentioned earlier they told me that decision has been made you'll get within 10 days. then i got approval letters for my kids on 12 July. since then I'm waiting for our letters on daily basis. today again i called, a very nice lady told me that yr decision has been made on 7th July hopefully you'll get soon.

but I'm confused that as far as i know through this forum all family members got their approval letters on the same day . am i right? then why our letters r taking sooooo long.
i have no idea ...i cant even understand why some people applied just after me by months and got there approvals ...and I'm still waiting ...i dunno how long more i can wait ...to be honest ...but well ..what can i do !!!! >>?? :( ...you should receive it by tomorrow or Saturday /...or Monday ...just be patient ...as your decision is already been made ...

shekel

Post by shekel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:49 pm

joelondon wrote:well 8 weeks past ..and still waiting ...thinking to give them a call ..and see !!!! any suggestion ???
Joe - my application took longer. Is there anything wrong with your application? If not, there is NOTHING to worry about. If you think something is wrong, what is it?

shekel

Passport forms signature

Post by shekel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Signature in the passport form has to be in english and has to reflect your name as on the application. Otherwise they will call/send a letter, and ask for written confirmation that this is indeed the signature you want to be printed on your passport. (just happened to me)

jimbo_uk

Post by jimbo_uk » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 pm

well 8 weeks past ..and still waiting ...thinking to give them a call ..and see !!!! any suggestion ???
Joelondon, I think that you need to accept that this is now out of your hands - waiting 8+ weeks might be annoying, however the UKBA receive around 150000 citizenship applications a year - processing roughly 3000 a week!

true, some people are lucky and get processed quickly - but I think ringing them before the application is overdue without giving them new information is just wasting time. Especially if you have already done so.

Patience is a virtue; how will you survive if you have to wait 6 months!

Relax, enjoy life and take a walk in the park ;)

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:15 pm

jimbo_uk wrote:
Joelondon, I think that you need to accept that this is now out of your hands - waiting 8+ weeks might be annoying, however the UKBA receive around 150000 citizenship applications a year - processing roughly 3000 a week!

true, some people are lucky and get processed quickly - but I think ringing them before the application is overdue without giving them new information is just wasting time. Especially if you have already done so.

Patience is a virtue; how will you survive if you have to wait 6 months!

Relax, enjoy life and take a walk in the park ;)
well i had to wait over a year to get my PR ..and now over 2 months for my BC ...i have a straight forward application ..nothing to worry about ...i dont have any conviction or points or court ...nothing at all ...very straight ...hope its going to be soon ...i'm giving it a go till the end of July or beginning of August ..lets hope pray and see ...InchALLAH

faz123

Post by faz123 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:20 pm

My timeline update

NCS or Postal: NCS Sutton
Date of submission: 09 June 2010 - Joint Application with wife
Nationality- Pakistani
CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP - JR + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of application at UKBA Liverpool: 10th June 2010
Date of credit card payment deduction: 14th June 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 17th June 2010 dated 14/06/10
Date UKBA made decision: 1st July 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 10th July 2010
Date of ceremony - 14/07/10 (public ceremony)
Date of Passport application - 15/07/10

Faz

I sincerely hope that Alizarao and Joelondon get their approval letters very soon. Best of luck.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:18 pm

alizarao wrote:
joelondon wrote:well i just called them now and they said that my application is still on going ...he said that is waiting for allocation to the case working team ...that it passed the initial check ...but still waiting for allocation ...i asked how long it will take .,...he said ..he doesnt know ...!!!! well any suggestion please ...its already 2 months ...and still ongoing ... :twisted: :evil: :evil: :cry: :(

i agree its quite annoying.in my case i called first time on 8th july as i mentioned earlier they told me that decision has been made u'll get within 10 days. then i got approval letters for my kids on 12 july. since then i'm waiting for our letters on daily basis. today again i called, a very nice lady told me that yr decision has been made on 7th july hopefully u'll get soon.

but i'm confused that as far as i know through this forum all family members got their approval letters on the same day . am i right? then why our letters r taking sooooo long.
i understand (from what i have seen on this site) that approvals for naturalisation are sent out Wednesdays or Thursdays each week so expect to receive it Friday/Saturday.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:25 pm

faz123 wrote:My timeline update

NCS or Postal: NCS Sutton
Date of submission: 09 June 2010 - Joint Application with wife
Nationality- Pakistani
CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP - JR + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of application at UKBA Liverpool: 10th June 2010
Date of credit card payment deduction: 14th June 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 17th June 2010 dated 14/06/10
Date UKBA made decision: 1st July 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 10th July 2010
Date of ceremony - 14/07/10 (public ceremony)
Date of Passport application - 15/07/10

Faz

I sincerely hope that Alizarao and Joelondon get their approval letters very soon. Best of luck.
cngratulation mate ..and best of luck ...thank you for the wishes ;)

djbabyboom
Newly Registered

When passport supporting documents are returned?

Post by djbabyboom » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:39 am

If I allow a month between IPS check & send passport application and travel, will it be sufficient to be able to travel using my original, ie non-British passport?

From what I've seen here it doesn't normally take longer for the whole thing (British passport included) but perhaps someome has other experience?

NiiKpani

Re: When passport supporting documents are returned?

Post by NiiKpani » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 am

djbabyboom wrote:If I allow a month between IPS check & send passport application and travel, will it be sufficient to be able to travel using my original, ie non-British passport?

From what I've seen here it doesn't normally take longer for the whole thing (British passport included) but perhaps someome has other experience?
this topic has been discussed several times over. Its not about it being sufficient..its if it is permissible and If your country of origin permits dual citizenship and the passport is valid, i don't see why not. what is your cause for concern

djbabyboom
Newly Registered

Post by djbabyboom » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:51 am

My country of origin allows having as many passports as I like.

My question is rather about processing times, if I send my original passport to IPS together with the application form, is there any chance they won't return it to me within one month? That's all I am concerned about...
NiiKpani wrote:
djbabyboom wrote:If I allow a month between IPS check & send passport application and travel, will it be sufficient to be able to travel using my original, ie non-British passport?

this topic has been discussed several times over. Its not about it being sufficient..its if it is permissible and If your country of origin permits dual citizenship and the passport is valid, i don't see why not. what is your cause for concern

Breaker29

Post by Breaker29 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:48 am

Hello DJBabyBoom.
I'm in the same situation as you, I have postponed my application for the British passport, because we must allow 6 weeks for first passport application, and I don't want to stress before my holiday. Thought most applications are processed withing 3 weeks, but form me, time is tight and I bought my tickets already.
I beleive if your passport still valid with an ILR or PR or any sort of thing, than you can travel OUT and IN as long as you want.
There is no mention any where, that we must apply for British passport before travelling abroad.( for those who do not loose their nationality after aquiring the British one).
And I hope that I'm not wrong.
djbabyboom wrote:My country of origin allows having as many passports as I like.

My question is rather about processing times, if I send my original passport to IPS together with the application form, is there any chance they won't return it to me within one month? That's all I am concerned about...
NiiKpani wrote: