ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrongly stamped TIER 1 Visa as TIER 2 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shyamite

Wrongly stamped TIER 1 Visa as TIER 2 Visa

Post by shyamite » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 pm

I have applied TIER-1(General) visa at 22 June 2010. I got my passport back at 05-July -2010.
When I Open the passport it was stamped with TIER-2 {TIER 2 ( General) Migrant with no employment as prof }. I already put a application in HYD VFS same time and ask for correction of VISA. They took back my passport only and return all my documents.

I am not sure if I got TIER-1 at all or not. I called VFS they said there migth be 2 reasons
A. You got it and while stamping it got wrong to TIER-2 ( Likely)
B You haven't got but they process your passport in place of some other passport ( Unlikely)

There is also few things in VISA vignett under Observ column

1. CoS No NO Employment as
2. No recourse of Public fund

also ther VISA type is
TIER 2 ( General) Migrant with no employment as prof ( after Prof , there is nothing , It is either professional or profit or may be something else)

Can someone please let me know how TIER-1 look like and what general point in Observ. Why CoS No and NO employment they put.

Thanks in Advance

ChetanOjha

Re: Wrongly stamped TIER 1 Visa as TIER 2 Visa

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:14 pm

Irrespective of what Tier-1 looks like, if you have applied for Tier-1(G) then your passport should be stamped with Tier-1G. It seems VFS/BHC guys had made mistake in stamping your passport. They should correct it without much fuss.

shyamite wrote:I have applied TIER-1(General) visa at 22 June 2010. I got my passport back at 05-July -2010.
When I Open the passport it was stamped with TIER-2 {TIER 2 ( General) Migrant with no employment as prof }. I already put a application in HYD VFS same time and ask for correction of VISA. They took back my passport only and return all my documents.

I am not sure if I got TIER-1 at all or not. I called VFS they said there migth be 2 reasons
A. You got it and while stamping it got wrong to TIER-2 ( Likely)
B You haven't got but they process your passport in place of some other passport ( Unlikely)

There is also few things in VISA vignett under Observ column

1. CoS No NO Employment as
2. No recourse of Public fund

also ther VISA type is
TIER 2 ( General) Migrant with no employment as prof ( after Prof , there is nothing , It is either professional or profit or may be something else)

Can someone please let me know how TIER-1 look like and what general point in Observ. Why CoS No and NO employment they put.

Thanks in Advance

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks chetanojha !!!

I got a return document packet with T1 stamp , Customer care of VFS also said that they recieved application for Tier1(G) request. All my docs where for TIER 1 and I filled VFA9 and ANNEX-1 which are for TIER-1.

If they will amend the VISA then will they change Obsrv and all other information also ? or they will stamp new VISA ?
Is there any way to know that I got TIER-1 or not and in future It will be an Issue/ or landing in UK will create problem due to this mess?
How much time they takes for any correction?
They gave me date of SEP-30 . Is it right time to go UK as I heard that IT jobs will be less at that time onward.

Still have a doubt that should be happy or not :roll:

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:54 pm

All stamps/remarks in your passport should be in accrodance with Tier1. If some remarks are stamped/written by mistake in your passport, they will be remove. I think it may take less than 2-3 weeks(as per some of the thread in this forum).

shyamite wrote:Thanks chetanojha !!!

I got a return document packet with T1 stamp , Customer care of VFS also said that they recieved application for Tier1(G) request. All my docs where for TIER 1 and I filled VFA9 and ANNEX-1 which are for TIER-1.

If they will amend the VISA then will they change Obsrv and all other information also ? or they will stamp new VISA ?
Is there any way to know that I got TIER-1 or not and in future It will be an Issue/ or landing in UK will create problem due to this mess?
How much time they takes for any correction?
They gave me date of SEP-30 . Is it right time to go UK as I heard that IT jobs will be less at that time onward.

Still have a doubt that should be happy or not :roll:

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:34 am

Thanks chetanojha !!!

I will update my case when get update on that !

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:40 am

my old visa (TIER-2) was "cancelled without prejudice" line on that.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:38 am

shyamite wrote:my old visa (TIER-2) was "cancelled without prejudice" line on that.
got ur new visa ??

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:34 am

ya got it .... :D

They did it in 3 days ( 5 I submit and 8th it was ready to collect) but VFS didn't call me , I called customer care after 7 working days and they informed me that it was already in VFS center...
So if any one go for amendment dn't wait for VFS to call ....

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:55 am

It would be great if you can provide details of your case and useful contact details in case other forum members need them.
shyamite wrote:ya got it .... :D

They did it in 3 days ( 5 I submit and 8th it was ready to collect) but VFS didn't call me , I called customer care after 7 working days and they informed me that it was already in VFS center...
So if any one go for amendment dn't wait for VFS to call ....

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:03 am

My case was simple ... I scored 110 point and took IELTS with 6.5 and Maintince was high enough for pound fluctuation.
I got visa in 7 days ...

But in my case they stamped wrong visa type .So when I send it for correction they cancelled it without prejudice( means nothing wrong on candidate part ifor cancellation) and issued the new TIER-1 visa on diffrent page. It took 3 more days.( though VFS didn't called so I got after 8 days)

The new tier-1 was as expected and without any error .
I asked for three month late travelling and they gave me that date.

Please feel free to reply on this thread if required my inputs as my personal primary mail id attached with forum account.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:06 am

shyamite wrote:My case was simple ... I scored 110 point and took IELTS with 6.5 and Maintince was high enough for pound fluctuation.
I got visa in 7 days ...

But in my case they stamped wrong visa type .So when I send it for correction they cancelled it without prejudice( means nothing wrong on candidate part ifor cancellation) and issued the new TIER-1 visa on diffrent page. It took 3 more days.( though VFS didn't called so I got after 8 days)

The new tier-1 was as expected and without any error .
I asked for three month late travelling and they gave me that date.

Please feel free to reply on this thread if required my inputs as my personal primary mail id attached with forum account.

So, Treat ??? :lol:
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:59 pm

:) sure !