ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL level 1

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

weiser

ESOL level 1

Post by weiser » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:12 am

Hi

This may have been already answered but I just could not find the exact question I am going to ask

I am a British citizen, my wife came to the UK in Nov 2009. Her english was virtully non existant but through hard work she has now passed her ESOL level 1 with citizenship.

She has 27 months spouse visa

My question is can she apply for her ILR now or does she have to wait nearer her visa end time?

Where can I get the forms for the ILR from?

ps as a side request - anyone know a good solicitor who os based in East London

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:15 pm

She has to live here for two years in order to qualify for ILR ( Her two years will be up in Nov 2011). You can apply 28 days before her two years are up.

She will need this form
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... ormset(m)/

You dont need a solicitor to do this. You can do it yourself. Its quite an easy procedure.If not you can ask members of teh forum who will be glad to help you out

Whilst you are waiting for your wife two years to be up, I hope you are collecting documents in your own individual and in joint names ( as you will need to send these off with this form to show that both you and your wife have lived together in teh two year probationery period)

Hope this helps

weiser

Post by weiser » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi batleykhan

Thanks for the info - really appreciate it

Gives me something to jump start and start reading