ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:22 pm

I asked for my passport back on 08.07 and received it today (SD), COOL!!!!! Just one question - I need to send to HO only my passport ? or my and my husband's one's?

jvgallegos
Newly Registered

"Updating the passport"

Post by jvgallegos » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 pm

I really don't know what to do now.
Today my wife (EU citizen) called the Home Office regarding my EEA2 application. She was told that my passport was sent to the office in charge of, and I quote, "updating the passport". When my wife asked them if that meant that the RC was approved, the nice lady said that they were not able to provide that information by phone.
The lady also said that she had no idea of how long it would take until I receive my passport back.
Should I try to call them tomorrow again and try to find out what's going on or should I just wait until something happens? Any suggestions welcome!
Cheers!

armstrong
Newly Registered

Re: "Updating the passport"

Post by armstrong » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:47 am

jvgallegos wrote:I really don't know what to do now.
Today my wife (EU citizen) called the Home Office regarding my EEA2 application. She was told that my passport was sent to the office in charge of, and I quote, "updating the passport". When my wife asked them if that meant that the RC was approved, the nice lady said that they were not able to provide that information by phone.
The lady also said that she had no idea of how long it would take until I receive my passport back.
Should I try to call them tomorrow again and try to find out what's going on or should I just wait until something happens? Any suggestions welcome!
Cheers!
when they told me that, it took 2 wks for me to get the RC in the post so u just have to wait. like your wife was told they r not allowed to disclose the outcome on the phone

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:43 am

natashik.uk wrote:I asked for my passport back on 08.07 and received it today (SD), COOL!!!!! Just one question - I need to send to HO only my passport ? or my and my husband's one's?
Only the non EEA passport.

laspo24

hi

Post by laspo24 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:53 pm

wet26
Sorry for replying you this long. just new with this site. Trying to keep up with it.
Last edited by laspo24 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laspo24

Re: EEA2

Post by laspo24 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:24 pm

wet26 wrote:
laspo24 wrote:Hi all,
Seeking an advice please. I got married to my wife who happen to be British but hold dual Nationality as Mother is from Ireland. So we got married in may but we have been in relationship for more than two years as we have our baby who is going to be 5months in few weeks time. I used to reside in Ireland as asylum seeker but she lives and work in Northern Ireland. So about to apply for the EEA2 as i have moved to the UK. Any chances of getting my residency?

Thanks
Did you and your wife live in Ireland together for any period of time?
No. As she only live about 45mins drive away from me as she is in Northern Ireland and am by the border side of Rep. of Ireland. what advice do you have for me folks?

laia
Newly Registered

Post by laia » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi everyone,

We posted our application on the 4th of January.
We got our Certificate of Application on the 17 of January.
We have been calling the HO for the last two weeks, since it's now been more than 6 months, and all they can say is that is still "under consideration" and they don't know how much longer we'll have to wait. When I reminded them that it was supposed to be resolved WITHIN 6 months, they kind of changed the word within for more than 6 months. And what we are wondering now is how much more??? We need to travel in august and don't know what to do.

Anyone has got any idea of how long the process might take?
Any advice?

Sherlyta
Newly Registered

Post by Sherlyta » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone can advise.
I am having serious concerns about the way I can demonstrate to employer my right to live and work in UK as COA doesn't specify any detail of my rights.

I was thinking as well there is no way this could not happen, as my husband lives working in uk for more than 10 years and we are together for 3 years, and we have all the proof they may ask.. and obviously we sent the Application with the basic requirements they asked for.

After long search of job, I am potentially going to work in a bank, but they already told me that if I am offered the job they will need my passport with the visa on it.

as you can imagine I thought to show my COA, but it doesn't say anything there that it could help me. I thought to print the articles stating this right, marriage cetificate, NIN... but I am so scared they don't accept this. What is important for the bank as well is the period of my visa.

I sent an email to NWCU 2 weeks ago, asking for a document or ultimately an advice but nothing, they don't answer. just a confirmation letter they received my email.

I have my last interview the next week and don't feel that confident to talk about this issues of my rights. I am really downhearted for this, but still I have to be strong, it is being a pain being here like this like being in the nothing.

what would you guys suggest me to do.

I sent application on 19 april and received COA 25 may

Commonwealth

Laia advice

Post by Commonwealth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi Laia,
Hope this helps, what u need to do is to apply in republic with ur wife irish passport because she is working in UK. So, all u need to submit with the application are ur wife contract of employment, payslip, EEA2 app, ur passport.
Option 2. U can move to northern ireland and apply in UK and i think this is the best option because ur wife is working in UK. all u need is her irish passport,payslip n ur passport. Remember this is an advice.

laspo24

Re: Laia advice

Post by laspo24 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Commonwealth wrote:Hi Laia,
Hope this helps, what u need to do is to apply in republic with ur wife irish passport because she is working in UK. So, all u need to submit with the application are ur wife contract of employment, payslip, EEA2 app, ur passport.
Option 2. U can move to northern ireland and apply in UK and i think this is the best option because ur wife is working in UK. all u need is her irish passport,payslip n ur passport. Remember this is an advice.
Is that for Laila or for me please?

Commonwealth

Laspo advice not laila

Post by Commonwealth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi laspo, that was for u not laila. If u have moved to northern ireland, better apply in UK bcos ur wife is working there. R u both residing in uk now.

laspo24

Re: Laspo advice not laila

Post by laspo24 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Commonwealth wrote:Hi laspo, that was for u not laila. If u have moved to northern ireland, better apply in UK bcos ur wife is working there. R u both residing in uk now.
Yes but in her Family house consist of Mother, she, myself and our baby. But have no bill on my name yet. any problem with that too?

Note. She is born in the Uk but has dual due to her mum from Rep Ireland.

Commonwealth

Laspo

Post by Commonwealth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:44 pm

First thing submit an EEA2 app with ur passport, marriage cert, ur wife irish passport and contract of employment plus pay slip. Those are the basic requirements. If they want anything else they will inform u. Make sure u use ur wife irish passport. Later u can apply for tv licence n etc as proof of address but not necessary now.
Remember, this is an advice.

laspo24

Re: Laspo

Post by laspo24 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Commonwealth wrote:First thing submit an EEA2 app with ur passport, marriage cert, ur wife irish passport and contract of employment plus pay slip. Those are the basic requirements. If they want anything else they will inform u. Make sure u use ur wife irish passport. Later u can apply for tv licence n etc as proof of address but not necessary now.
Remember, this is an advice.
I know you are passing an advice to me... same advice I got from Law centre NI
Thanks Bro.

Commonwealth

Sure

Post by Commonwealth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:56 pm

That means am on the same line with Law centre NI lol. If u are unsure about anything u can still ask as this forus is the best.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:30 pm

I applied for EEA4 on the 15th of March, completing 4 months now.

On the 4th of July I requested my passport back by email and it seems my request was ignored. I called them 3 days ago and they didn't have any details of my request on their system, so they put a new request. And 3 days later I received received the passports back home by special delivery.

The letter tells to not send the passport back until requested by a caseworker.

kafi

Post by kafi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:12 am

laia wrote:Hi everyone,

We have been calling the HO for the last two weeks, since it's now been more than 6 months, and all they can say is that is still "under consideration" and they don't know how much longer we'll have to wait. When I reminded them that it was supposed to be resolved WITHIN 6 months, they kind of changed the word within for more than 6 months. And what we are wondering now is how much more??? We need to travel in august and don't know what to do.

Any advice?
hi,

you need to complain as many as u can . complain to north west region of the ho. solvit And infrom to ur local mp,

kafi

link to comlain to solvit

Post by kafi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:16 am

EU legislation (and more precisely Art 10 Directive 2004/38 of which full text may be found on: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 038:EN:NOT) imposes on the UK authorities a period of 6 moths within which a residence permit of an EU citizen’s family member ought to be issued.

If this period has already expired you may write to the Home Office with an official letter of complaint. If you have neither received your documents back nor any reply has been made to your written complaint please consider contacting our sister service – SOLVIT, which may be able to intervene with the Home Office on your behalf. You may contact SOLVIT either by filling in a form available on SOLVIT’s website: http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/site/submission/index_en.htm or directly contacting a Polish SOLVIT Centre (contact details of Centre in Poland may be found on: http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/site/centres/index_en.htm).

You may also consider the possibility of preparing an official complaint to the European Commission. From the work of our service we are aware that your problem of delayed application in the UK is not an isolated one. Making an official complaint might not directly help speed up your case, nevertheless may help avoid similar problems in the future. You will find information on how to prepare a complaint on: http://ec.europa.eu/community_law/your_ ... rms_en.htm.

kafi

Post by kafi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:24 am

Any advice?

contact link for SOLVIT
http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/site/centres ... /index.htm

kafi

Post by kafi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:29 am

Commonwealth wrote:Hi Laia,
Making a complaint

Anyone may lodge a complaint with the Commission against a Member State for any measure (law, regulation or administrative action) or practice attributable to a Member State which they consider incompatible with a provision or a principle of EU law

E-MAIL: SG-PLAINTES@ec.europa.eu

PLEASE EVERY ONE SEND A COMPLAIN LETTER ABOUT THE WORST SERVICE OF UK HOME OFFICE AS THEY r breaching the EU LAW

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Glauco wrote:I applied for EEA4 on the 15th of March, completing 4 months now.

On the 4th of July I requested my passport back by email and it seems my request was ignored. I called them 3 days ago and they didn't have any details of my request on their system, so they put a new request. And 3 days later I received received the passports back home by special delivery.

The letter tells to not send the passport back until requested by a caseworker.
The same thing happened to me. When called the HO a week after I had requested my passport back by email, my request wasn't in their system.
It is always better to call.

kafi

Post by kafi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Making a complaint

Anyone may lodge a complaint with the Commission against a Member State for any measure (law, regulation or administrative action) or practice attributable to a Member State which they consider incompatible with a provision or a principle of EU law

E-MAIL: SG-PLAINTES@ec.europa.eu

PLEASE EVERY ONE SEND A COMPLAIN LETTER ABOUT THE WORST SERVICE OF UK HOME OFFICE AS THEY r breaching the EU LAW

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Any advice?
They are breaking EU law. Get onto your local MP, complain to Solvit, and write a letter of complaint to the European Commission. Also, see if you can get a solicitor to write a strongly worded letter *reminding* the Home Office of their legal obligation to resolve all applications within 6 months.

Commonwealth

EEA2 APPLICANTS VS UKBA

Post by Commonwealth » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:24 pm

Laia, i was in the same situation until l went to my MP and solvit by end of last month. Now my application has been decided since last week and not yet posted out. I called them this morning requesting for tracking number the guy l was speaking to was so rude and snapping. I made several complaints, hopefully l should get it by next week when application will be 7 months.

KKC18
Newly Registered

Urgent help regarding travel awaiting EEA2 application

Post by KKC18 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi I'm Australian and travelling to France next week with my 2 kids (under 3yo) and Irish husband. We have an expired EEA FP and have COA for EEA2 application. As I am only here in the UK for another 6 months and want to do a lot of travelling I am stuck now either arguing my case at the border each time I come back to the UK or trying to stay in Paris for anywhere up to 3 weeks alone with my 2 kids to await another EEA family permit. Does anyone have any experience with coming back into the UK whilst awaiting their EEA2 application? Do you know what kind of entry clearance they give you? Thanks for any advice you can give.

PS: just been reading other posts re private health insurance. Husband works but I do not. Do I need insurance? As Australian also have reciprical arrangement with NHS.