ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Im on HSMP Tier1, but my job requires me to move abroad

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sublime80
Newly Registered

Im on HSMP Tier1, but my job requires me to move abroad

Post by sublime80 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:36 am

Hi,

I need expert advice on the following.

I came to the UK in 2002 on student visa which was converted to HSMP in 2008. Initially I got 2 years HSMP which has now been extended for another 3 years, i.e, until 2013. My current duration of stay in the UK is just over 8 years and about 16-18 months to go before ILR.

In 2012 Im eligible to apply for indefinite stay in the UK under 10 years legal stay and in 2013 I can also apply for the above after my HSMP covers 5 years.

I have recently started working in a company whose branch office is located in middle east and im required to move there.

I want to know if I move abroad, would that affect my chances of obtaining ILR in 2012 or in 2013?

What are the requirements or arrangements my employer can make to assist me so that I dont miss out on ILR.? Do I have to come back to the UK atleast once every 90 days? Pease also advise on would it make a difference if I draw my salary in UK or in Middle East?

Any secondment arrangements can be made or not?

Many Thanks.

sublime80
Newly Registered

Re: Im on HSMP Tier1, but my job requires me to move abroad

Post by sublime80 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:25 pm

NO REPLIES?? Anyone please!
sublime80 wrote:Hi,

I need expert advice on the following.

I came to the UK in 2002 on student visa which was converted to HSMP in 2008. Initially I got 2 years HSMP which has now been extended for another 3 years, i.e, until 2013. My current duration of stay in the UK is just over 8 years and about 16-18 months to go before ILR.

In 2012 Im eligible to apply for indefinite stay in the UK under 10 years legal stay and in 2013 I can also apply for the above after my HSMP covers 5 years.

I have recently started working in a company whose branch office is located in middle east and im required to move there.

I want to know if I move abroad, would that affect my chances of obtaining ILR in 2012 or in 2013?

What are the requirements or arrangements my employer can make to assist me so that I dont miss out on ILR.? Do I have to come back to the UK atleast once every 90 days? Pease also advise on would it make a difference if I draw my salary in UK or in Middle East?

Any secondment arrangements can be made or not?

Many Thanks.

askhan

Post by askhan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:32 pm

it will really effect your ILR, you need to see the guidence for the ILR.

coming once in 90 days will not help

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Have a look at the instructions for caseworkers on the UKBA website for both routes to ILR. There are residency requirements for both routes.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:08 am

In 2012 ILR will probably have been replaced by probationary citizenship (which isn't the final stage in the immigration path) so the rules may have changed. I'm guessing there will be even less chance of you being eligibile if you aren't resident here.