ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seka2k
Newly Registered

ILR query

Post by seka2k » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:02 am

I am in a UK work permit for the last four years and I am about to go to Croydon for ILR.

However, in the last four years, I have stayed out of UK for just over 3 months. Three weeks in 2001, One month in 2002, One month in 2003 and two weeks in 2004 which makes it 3 months and one week. These were my annual holidays and I am in employement during this period and paying taxes all along.

Will this affect my application for ILR? When they ask for 3 months outside UK query in the application, do they mean that 3 months continuously? What are my chances?

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:28 am

Yaa the question in the application form is a bit confusing.

3.1 When did you first enter the UK?
3.2 Since then have you had any absences of 3 months or more outside
the UK?

What i understand in 3.2 they are asking about 3 months or more continous absence ? Am i correct ?

Kayalami and others : Can you please confirm ?

Thanks

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:54 am

Seka,
You're fine mate. No worries at all. IND only asks applicants to report conitnuous absences of 3 months or more. Not 3 months all together in the 4 years.