ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In country (UK) application waiting times

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

t1g2010
Newly Registered

In country (UK) application waiting times

Post by t1g2010 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:52 am

I was going to apply T1(General) in person in late July. But due to the interim measures that will take effect from 19 July 2010, I have decided to submit my application by post this week. I have tried but could not get an appointment to apply in person for this week.

I have been trying to find out how long it takes for the application to be processed. My new employer has set a definite date for me to start the job and I really want to know if I can make it.

Can people who apply by post inside the UK share their waiting times here? It will be really helpful.

tipu20

Re: In country (UK) application waiting times

Post by tipu20 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Tried
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/ ?

Regards,
Tipu
t1g2010 wrote:I was going to apply T1(General) in person in late July. But due to the interim measures that will take effect from 19 July 2010, I have decided to submit my application by post this week. I have tried but could not get an appointment to apply in person for this week.

I have been trying to find out how long it takes for the application to be processed. My new employer has set a definite date for me to start the job and I really want to know if I can make it.

Can people who apply by post inside the UK share their waiting times here? It will be really helpful.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: In country (UK) application waiting times

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:23 pm

tipu20 wrote:Tried
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/ ?

Regards,
Tipu
t1g2010 wrote:I was going to apply T1(General) in person in late July. But due to the interim measures that will take effect from 19 July 2010, I have decided to submit my application by post this week. I have tried but could not get an appointment to apply in person for this week.

I think they have stopped updating it. It gives information regarding week commencing 28th June.

t1g2010
Newly Registered

Post by t1g2010 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 am

ukba info is a bit out dated and not very useful. I have been told the number of applications might be rising sharply before the new rules take effect on 19 July. It will be good to know the current waiting times which might be much longer than before...

tosachinpatel

hi

Post by tosachinpatel » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:15 pm

t1g2010 wrote:ukba info is a bit out dated and not very useful. I have been told the number of applications might be rising sharply before the new rules take effect on 19 July. It will be good to know the current waiting times which might be much longer than before...

I am waiting as well, since i have applied in JUne 2nd week before any of this announcement at that time i didnt know anything about this limits and all,as a normal procedure i applied it,but i am still waiting and worried bez even they think then after 19 it will count under as limit application you know what i mean

and those who applied recently i am affraid that might come in quota system bez it is not possible to issue in 2 days visa

and you are rite site is not updated from long time

But lets see what happens....

t1g2010
Newly Registered

Post by t1g2010 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:11 am

I realised it takes much longer to apply in the UK than outside. I wonder why.
But as far as I understand, if your application has been submitted before 19 July, old rules apply.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Because like every public sector workers, UKBA case workers are overloaded with work.

tosachinpatel

Post by tosachinpatel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:51 pm

manojk005 wrote:Because like every public sector workers, UKBA case workers are overloaded with work.

Yes i think as well they have so much pressure of gov. but i think they are so much waiting now in incountry extension look at outside they are getting in within 1 week times,

i dont know how they are going to keep this old files in cap from next weeks like see if they stamp visa after 19th means visa been issued and gov saying 24100 till next april,and old rules who have applied they should nt count in quota system......

rite....but lets see what they do..