ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

American Work Visa?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Complimints
Newly Registered

American Work Visa?

Post by Complimints » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:47 am

Is there anyway an American can get a unskilled work visa at the moment, they arent on the youth mobility scheme, does anyone know when this might happen?

I have an American friend who I was seeing and living with for several months in Australia and now I am back home London after my Australian visa expired, now she would like to come and try living with me and working, but I dont think there is any way for us to be together, does anyone have any advice please ? :?

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:20 am

There are currently no unskilled work routes into the UK open to non-EU nationals, so it looks likely that your friend could not come and work here. Obviously if they come here as a visitor and they work they could either be refused entry or could be arrested and kicked out if they entered under false pretences. People can also be banned out of the UK for up to 10 years if they are found to have worked here illegally.