ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 28 days before qualifiying period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

OldHsmp-JR
Newly Registered

ILR - 28 days before qualifiying period

Post by OldHsmp-JR » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi All,

Can anybody please help me with my confusion regarding attending a appointment for ILR SET (O) in person.

My qualifying period of 4 years for ILR completes on 20/09/2010 (as I am covered under HSMP JR) and I have managed to get an appointment for 23/08/2010 to attend in person to submitt my application but now I am confused as the date I have my appointment is exactly 28th day before I qualify in this period. The SET(O) guidance notes says the below,

"Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period. If you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused. If that happens, we will not refund the fee and you will have to pay again when reapplying"

Sorry if its a bit silly but my little confusion can cost me a dear amount of money (£992) So thought to get it clarified with few others.

So can anyone please help me clear this confusion by suggesting if I can attend this appointment or not as it falls exactly on 28th day from when I qualify in this cateogry.

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Exactly 28 days is not more than 28 days.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

OldHsmp-JR
Newly Registered

Post by OldHsmp-JR » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:25 am

Sorry for my ignorance but does it mean that I can attend the interview on that day (23/08/2010).

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:54 am

hi there
to be sure, can you not try and change the appointment day to the next few days.
better to be sure than sorry.

wish you best of luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 pm

OldHsmp-JR wrote:Sorry for my ignorance but does it mean that I can attend the interview on that day (23/08/2010).
Yes, I think so.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:14 pm

When did you enter the country?

OldHsmp-JR
Newly Registered

Post by OldHsmp-JR » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks Vinny.

Thanks girlpower19818.

Sky_High,
I entered the country in 2004 on student visa but the went on to take 1 year graduate workpermit and then moved to HSMP.