ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

App Refused 1st time. Now long wait for additional COS. :(

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ratz

App Refused 1st time. Now long wait for additional COS. :(

Post by ratz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Hi All,

I've been working with the same company for 3.5 years. I did my university placement at the same company worked part time during my final year and was on Tier 1 PWS for two years which is now coming to an end in October. I am looking to switch from Tier 1 to Tier 2 (General)

I made the first application for the switch, and at the time I was getting paid 20K and we were unaware of the salary indicated in the codes of practice. Therefore the company applied for a license with the job title 'Senior Systems Developer' which corresponded to a salary of 37K and my application was refused as a result.

After going through the S/NVQ level 3 jobs in codes of practice, we have found a job title for a 'programmer', which closely fits my current job description, and the company has kindly agreed for a pay rise to satisfy the 26k minimum salary requested by this job title, so I can apply again ASAP before the July 19th cap.

This meant that the company had to 'request an additional COS' so that they can put the new data in and allocate that certificate to me as the one before is now invalid. (although on the system it shows as Licenses 1, Lic Allocated : 1 and Licenses Available : 0)

The problem is, we have requested an additional COS on Monday and we have yet to receive a reply from the system. I cannot get on with the application process until we are cleared for another license. Could a request for an additional COS be turned down? Even after giving a good explanation why we need one? Anyone ever requested one in the past?

I hope I do not fall outside the cap and I know as long as I get the COS I am safe, but this wait is quite daunting!

Apart from the license do you guys see anything I should look out for? Anything I have failed to spot before my application gets refused again or any advice?

Thanks in Advance,

-V

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Well, i don't understand why it is taking long. My sponsor payed for COS using debit card/credit card and it took 30 mins to get COS. It might be the way of payment which is causing delay.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:50 pm

as long as falling out of cap is concerned, i think u will be OK because under HO rules, time of application is considered as cut-off point so if you have applied before 19th i think it would be all right..........common sens.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:02 pm

other point i forgot to mention, if ur company is applying for new COS they have to cancel existing COS before they apply for new COS for same candidate.UKBA don't issue 2 live COS's at a time.

ratz

Post by ratz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks guys, We got an email reply saying;

Please note that between July 19th and 30th, the Sponsor Licensing and Management units are prioritising work to implement the Government's new policy on limits for Tier 2 General.

As a result, other work areas may be delayed. If you have already sent an application or other request to us, please be patient; we will process them as soon as we can.

We appreciate your patience at this time and will endeavour to deal with any outstanding cases as soon as possible once the work on the Interim Limit is completed. General queries can be routed as normal via the Customer Contact Centre.

So I guess its a matter of waiting.
mt_dilber wrote:other point i forgot to mention, if ur company is applying for new COS they have to cancel existing COS before they apply for new COS for same candidate.UKBA don't issue 2 live COS's at a time.
Doesn't it get cancelled automatically? since the application I made first using that ref number was rejected?

ratz

Post by ratz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 pm

mt_dilber wrote:other point i forgot to mention, if ur company is applying for new COS they have to cancel existing COS before they apply for new COS for same candidate.UKBA don't issue 2 live COS's at a time.
I cannot seem to cancel my old COS. The screen lay out says,

To add a new request choose Add a request for the relevant tier category. To submit your completed request(s) for additional certificates or CAS choose Submit, the Submit option is only available if there are existing requests that have not yet been submitted. If a request has been saved but not yet submitted you can edit the request by choosing Edit, Edit will only be available in these circumstances. If a request has been previously submitted and is still outstanding, it can be withdrawn by choosing Withdraw. Withdraw will only be available where there are outstanding requests. If you do not want to continue choose Cancel. If you do not have any current certificate or CAS allocations for which additional certificates or CAS can be applied for, nothing will be displayed.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:58 pm

mt_dilber wrote:Well, i don't understand why it is taking long. My sponsor payed for COS using debit card/credit card and it took 30 mins to get COS. It might be the way of payment which is causing delay.
Fail advice is Fail :cry:

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:00 am

The sponsor withdraws the certificate under "sponsorship duties" in the SMS. You should not be seeing any of that - you shouldn't be able to log in to the SMS.

Anyway, the problem you are having is that your sponsor has run out of allocation and had to ask for 1 more. MANY MANY sponsors will be in that situation in the next few weeks. It is likely that requests for extra allocation will take longer than the sponsors expect, thus leading to trouble where people cannot get appointments etc, or even running out of time on their existing status.

Yours sponsor needs to contact the sponsor licensing unit and tell them the problem. If it's not urgent it may take several more weeks to get the allocation.