ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Spouse - Tier1 Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sojan

Visa for Spouse - Tier1 Dependent

Post by sojan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Hello All,
Sorry for putting the topic again, as I've tried putting in older post but no response..
I'm planning to apply for spouse visa and I'm on Tier1. I had my friend who recently applied spouse dependent visa (but he was on work permit) and got it straight forward. I thought of putting this topic, just to get confirmation after the rule changes.

1. Is there any format difference for a Tier1 Dependent visa and Tier2's?

2. The documents I've thought for are..
* Spouse -> original birth certificate.
* Original marriage certificate
* Recent bank statements or savings books for your sponsor
* Evidence of your sponsor's employment in the UK, which could include payslips to show what financial support you have.
* Evidence of your accommodation, such as a mortgage agreement or rental agreement, and evidence that you and your dependants can stay in this accommodation if it is rented or provided by your local authority.
* Letters from you and your sponsor that are relevant to your application.
* Evidence that your sponsor is settled in the UK. (This can be a copy of their passport)

3. I'm planning to extend my Tier1 next July(2011). Does that mean my spouse dependent visa also needs to be reapplied?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by sojan on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Spouses / partners of PBS migrants apply for dependent visa and not spouse visa (which is meant for spouses/partners of settled persons / citizens). And unless you are granted settlement (aka ILR), you are not settled in the UK but only a temporary resident.

Please read the PBS dependents policy guidance *carefully* to understand the documentary evidences needed for Tier 1 dependent EC application.

See UKVisas to know how and where to apply.

regards

sojan

Post by sojan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:08 pm

thanks sushdmehta

destiniation_london

Re: Spouse Visa details (probably once more)

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 pm

sojan wrote:Hello All,
Sorry for putting the topic again, as I've tried putting in older post but no response..
I'm planning to apply for spouse visa and I'm on Tier1. I had my friend who recently applied spouse dependent visa (but he was on work permit) and got it straight forward. I thought of putting this topic, just to get confirmation after the rule changes.

1. Is there any format difference for a Tier1 Dependent visa and Tier2's?

2. The documents I've thought for are..
* Spouse -> original birth certificate.
* Original marriage certificate
* Recent bank statements or savings books for your sponsor
* Evidence of your sponsor's employment in the UK, which could include payslips to show what financial support you have.
* Evidence of your accommodation, such as a mortgage agreement or rental agreement, and evidence that you and your dependants can stay in this accommodation if it is rented or provided by your local authority.
* Letters from you and your sponsor that are relevant to your application.
* Evidence that your sponsor is settled in the UK. (This can be a copy of their passport)

3. I'm planning to extend my Tier1 next July(2011). Does that mean my spouse dependent visa also needs to be reapplied?

Thanks in advance
To answer your last query, YES, you'd need to re-apply visa extension for your dependant along with your extension ...as they would be granted visa which will be valid only till the date of your visa

sojan

Lot different as per the document

Post by sojan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Hello friends,
Seems the documents and guidance says a lot different from what I've seen from my friends.

* Spouse original birth certificate. (Not any docs mentioned anywhere in the document, but can we show birth certificate ?)

* Original marriage certificate ( Correct)

* Recent bank statements or savings books for your sponsor (Correct for 3 months Original or letter from bank)

* Evidence of your sponsor's employment in the UK, which could include payslips to show what financial support you have. (NOT required for Tier1 )

* Evidence of your accommodation, such as a mortgage agreement or rental agreement, and evidence that you and your dependants can stay in this accommodation if it is rented or provided by your local authority. (NOT seen anywhere in the document )

* Letters from you and your sponsor that are relevant to your application. (NOT seen anywhere for Tier1)

* Evidence that your sponsor is settled in the UK. (This can be a copy of their passport) (NO document requirement mentioned but asking for passport number etc.. )

Anyone who recently have done for Tier1 Dependent from India, can you please confirm the documents you submitted? I'm planning to apply from India whilst I'm going there..

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Please don't confuse people by terming dependent visa as a "spouse visa" (repeatedly).

It is a dependent visa ... therefore call it so!

regards

sojan

Post by sojan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Please don't confuse people by terming dependent visa as a "spouse visa" (repeatedly).

It is a dependent visa ... therefore call it so!

regards
Ok. I've changed the header now to make it more simple.
apart from that, anyone who did their Tier1 Dependent Visa filing?

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Do not forgot to include your wedding pics with your application...i have recently applied for my wife and got the rejection on the basis of authencating stamp of marriage certificate is of poor quality and it is the sole evidence to prove the realtionship...so attach them..

sojan

Post by sojan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:45 pm

kunal parikh wrote:Do not forgot to include your wedding pics with your application...i have recently applied for my wife and got the rejection on the basis of authencating stamp of marriage certificate is of poor quality and it is the sole evidence to prove the realtionship...so attach them..
Thanks Kunal.
do u reckon the above documents are sufficient along with wedding photos?

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:47 pm

alos try and put sponser's uk utility bill,,...tenancy agreeement as well..

Shubhi

Post by Shubhi » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:27 pm

hello sojan

Check this link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 249#398249

Thanks
Shubhi

sojan

Post by sojan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm

do we need original salary slip or copy of salary slip only?

push

Post by push » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:32 pm

sojan wrote:do we need original salary slip or copy of salary slip only?
If you intend to provide any document, it should be original (unless specifically advised in the Guidance notes/ rules)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rehma
Newly Registered

Post by rehma » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:50 pm

hi everyone
just need guidance regarding bank statements, is it necessary to send supporting bank letter along with dependent application?