ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need HELp with EEA family permit application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bozsan
Newly Registered

Need HELp with EEA family permit application

Post by bozsan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi All,

I am a hungarian citizen and have been living in the UK for nearly 6 years. My boyfriend is brazilian and we met in Brazil when I was travelling over there. When I decided to come back to the UK he moved here with me. When he entered the UK he got a 6 month tourist visa (leave to enter).

We are getting married in two months in Hungary and than we have to apply for a family permit for him.

I've read lots of info about applying for the family permit but there are things that are not clear... If we get married before his tourist visa expires can we both come back to the country and apply for the family permit from within the UK for him? Or can he apply for the permit from Hungary after the wedding. (He doesnt need a visa to Hungary and the wedding is going to be there).

Any info would be great! Many thanks for your help!

Xenia
Newly Registered

Post by Xenia » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Hello to Everyone!
Give me please some advice about the form which I should to fill.
My husband is polish and I've got my 6 months family permit in UA in April.
My husband is working in the UK about 5 years and this autumn will apply for residence.
Should I choose EEA2 form to get residence card or other form?
Thank You!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:10 am

EEA Family Permit, an entrance clearance
Residence Cards, documents the residence rights under EEA regulations