ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:11 am

Hi Bro,

4 weeks and my passport is still with the BHC. Just checked this morning. I am giving it 2 more weeks before i start raising hell with all and sundry. I had hoped it would be done by now as there wasn't that big a crowd at the VAC when I submitted my docs.

Regards,
Mesam.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi Mesam6,

Bro how do you check the status of the passport please advise me. My wife has a friend who checks on the ukvacpk.com website. apperantly if you go to the bottom of the page theres a link saying "track your passport" but when i go to the bottom of that page in the uk it says "track your application". Also when i type it into there, nothing comes up it says invalid.

Your advice will be much appreciated. Also my wife originally submitted her case at Islamabad because the mirpur embassy was closed at that time. Because it was now re-opened she submitted her passport in at mirpur. They charged some money. Gave the receipt and everything with ref number. Will this cause any problems?

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Bro,

For appeals, you can't track your passport through the website as they don't assign you an application number like they do to the regular applications. You have to call them up to check.

Secondly, you don't have to pay anything at all when you submit your passport as a result of an appeal so i am confused as to why would they charge your wife any fees when she submitted her passport after getting the call letter ?

Regards,
Mesam.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Mesam6,

I think they charged her because she originally submitted the application in at islamabad, but because mirpur had re-opened we got an appointment there. they said you have to pay a fee to submit your passport here. She went into the embassy and went through all the regular procedure and also got a receipt after submitting it. Maybe they have some charges or maybe they are conning people out of money. People in pakistan are good for this arent they. Well it was only about 1,200 rupees. I hope these guys get what they deserve if the are taking money illegally. Over there the general public is very illiterate so its very easy to con them. lolz.

Another thing buddy have you got or do you know where i can get the number for them to check the progress of the passport?

Also what is your current situation?

Kind regards

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:31 am

Bro,

Firstly, I strongly suggest that you bring this issue to the attention of the BHC. They aren't supposed to take a single penny from you. If someone has, I suggest you contact the BHC right away so the crooks in question caught. I have heard that the BHC has started taking this thing extremely seriously and are pretty ruthless in dealing with such con-men.

The only way you can check the status for a passport, submitted after a successful appeal, is by calling up the Gerry's VAC helpline. The online tracker is no use because you are't handed a normal application tracking number. Instead you are handed a consignment number.

My passport is still with the BHC but i am a happy man as I just found out that i cleared my CIMA exam :)

Regards,
Mesam.
Last edited by Mesam6 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:32 pm

hi Haider,

Firstly big congrats for passing your exam. I will get in contact with the bhc about this matter. Also where do i get the number for gerrys vac?

How long ago did you submit your passport. My wife submitted it on the 24th June. It is now coming upto a month.

My wife is expecting our first child in october and i really want her over here before this, i dont know how i can tell them to get a move on.

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:46 am

Asalam alaycum all

Congratulations Mesam on passing your exams, insh Allah it will aid you in finding a job in UK.

I have a question if anyone can answer, on the call letter my wife recieved it asks her to put down length of stay, what should she put down? i don't know why they ask stupid questions when its a settlemt visa. Also should she write this on the letter or should we include a covering letter?

any advice would be greatly appreciated. JazakAllah Kahir

Mehrab
Newly Registered

Post by Mehrab » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:52 am

Dear Members i am also one of the victim of Uk embassy. I applied for a student visa in December along with me wife as dependant. But it was refused by the ECO. Subsequently i filed an appeal and won the appeal in August 2009 and received a call letter within a weak. after receiving the call letter i submitted my passports in Nov 2009 with the hope that now i vil get the visa but it was not rather they kept my passports for 6 months and returned the passports with the letter of Case Work Officer in April 2010 that my Tb certificate and College letter has expired so re-submit all these documents along with the valid passports.

Now again i have submitted my documents in june 2010. Its been almost 1 month again and no news. I m frustrated right now dont know what to to whenever i phone the embassy they say they dont know its still in the process i even called the abhu dhabi embassy same response.

What should i do now. it seems sooner or later i will be a patient.

scan_me

Slam every 1

Post by scan_me » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Hey Guys Aslam Alaikum. How are you all. I have been reading these posts almost a year. I have seen very good suggestion and very good people. I have something to ask aswell. My wife had a hearing of my settlement visa appeal which's been allowed on 30 March 2010 AIT judge. I received determination letter on 1st May 2010 in Pak. Since then i am waiting for my call letter its been around 2 months and 20 days. BHC claims to solve allowed appeals with 12 weaks or so. Now what i need to ask you guys is what should i do? i read many of posts its been done within a month or so. Now how long its gona take its all worring me alot. I will look forword for your positive replies. Thanks best regards with every1 whos been sufering by BHC.

Imran

revoloution
Newly Registered

5 years wait!!

Post by revoloution » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:00 pm

aaslaam brothers/sisters

my wife was granted her visa after i had appealed in may 2010, (our case has been going on since DEC 2005). we both got the judges decision letter at the same time - June 12th 2010 and now we are waiting for her call letter. its been more than the required time that was given to us (28 days) and i am just wondering how long will we have to wait for until she gets her call letter. any help would be grateful!!!

scan_me

Slam

Post by scan_me » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Aslam Alaikum.

Guys where are you all?

please Help and Reply who needs help.

Thanks

musab_27

Re: Slam

Post by musab_27 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 pm

scan_me wrote:Aslam Alaikum.

Guys where are you all?

please Help and Reply who needs help.

Thanks
walaycum Salam bro

my wife recieved after 4 weeks from receiving determination.

My advice is you must get your MP involved. He/she will be able to contact HO direct and get update for you. It may be that the letter has been sent out but got lost. Like I said contact ur MP.

scan_me

Thanks

Post by scan_me » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks alot bro.

yes my father is law going to see Mp 2day lets c how it goes.

i know i been reading i think it didnt took that long for any1 here. Is there any way i can find out myself by ringing or email? even i recived determination letter 30th april. I do not know whats going on....

Thanks bro

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:47 am

Hi Guys,

The web address for the VAC website is www.ukvacpk.com . It has all the contact info you may need. Furthermore, there is a webpage specifically dealing with appeals cases. In case you haven't received your call letter, write to them on the e-mail given on that page.

I submitted my passport on June 14, about 2 weeks after getting my call letter. It has been more than a month now. The VAC guy told me that the offical timeline for the processing appeal cases is 4-6 weeks. Realistically, it can take upto 8 weeks on the outside.

Regards,
Mesam.

scan_me

Allowed Appeal

Post by scan_me » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Slam every1.

Is any 1 waiting for settlement allowed appeal call letter around 3 months after getting derermination letter?

Thanks

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:59 am

Hi scan_me

Yes - my husband recieved his determination for an approved appeal on 20th April and is still waiting for his call letter.

We have emailed the the address advised on the Gerrys website chasing the call letter.

There has not been any reply yet after 1 week.

scan_me

Allowed Appeal

Post by scan_me » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:45 am

Hey Cheeza.

Thanks for you reply it means you are in the same boat as me. I am going to write email aswell lets c.

Keep in touch and let me know what they have replyd in email.

Any 1 else strugling like us?

Wish you all the best hope InshaAllah everything will be good.

scan_me

Slam

Post by scan_me » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:04 am

hi i m confused.

• Include your application reference number (on the original refusal notice).

I dnt know which number on refusal letter i should put on?

thanks

Mehrab
Newly Registered

Post by Mehrab » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:43 am

Guys received this mail from appeals.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

"Thank you for your email of 21-07-2010 enquiring about the progress of your visa application.

you will further hear from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) . Precise time frame cannot be given. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiry Desk"

dont know what to assume from this??? can any one help me?how much time they are taking to deal with student won appeal?

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Mehrab wrote:Guys received this mail from appeals.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

"Thank you for your email of 21-07-2010 enquiring about the progress of your visa application.

you will further hear from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) . Precise time frame cannot be given. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiry Desk"

dont know what to assume from this??? can any one help me?how much time they are taking to deal with student won appeal?

Are you waiting fro your passport or a call letter?

RM786

Post by RM786 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:56 am

Hello Everyone,

To all that havent received a call letter yet,

I had my appeal hearing for my wifes spousal visa on the 27th April
we received our call letter last month after about 5 weeks after determination. My wife has submitted her passport about 1 month ago now.

I think its sad that for some people the process works quicker than others. Although we received our call letter, 5 weeks is still lengthy. Also the appeal process was a headache for us. We first applied in June 2009. Its been a whole year and my wife still hasent joined me to start our life.

My advice is to keep chasing them by email. Also it depends on your MP how helpfull he will be. My MP was not that helpful he only wrote to them to ask what was going on. All they did was give him a reply like 4 weeks later when i already knew what he had to say, what a waste of time.

Mehrab
Newly Registered

Post by Mehrab » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 pm

musab_27 wrote:
Mehrab wrote:Guys received this mail from appeals.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiry Desk"

Are you waiting fro your passport or a call letter?
passports

RM786

Post by RM786 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Dear Everyone,

With the grace of allah almighty, My wife received her passport today with visa. Can anyone tell me how long she has to arrive in the uk? Some people are saying it 28 days and some are saying 3 months? thankyou everyone who helped me through this past year it has been very stressful. Inshallah she will be with me in the uk next week.

Thankyou

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:17 pm

RM786 wrote:Dear Everyone,

With the grace of allah almighty, My wife received her passport today with visa. Can anyone tell me how long she has to arrive in the uk? Some people are saying it 28 days and some are saying 3 months? thankyou everyone who helped me through this past year it has been very stressful. Inshallah she will be with me in the uk next week.

Thankyou

CONGRATULATIONS BRO.

I hope you and your wife have a prosperous marriage insh Allah.

She has 3 months to come over in.

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:40 am

Congrats on getting the passport Bro.

Mine is still stuck at the BHC :(

Just one question. Did you guys get any call from the BHC after the submission of the passport to confirm any fact etc.

Regards,
Mesam.